5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Versatility
Published on August 28, 2011 by In Search of Value

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, but could be much better
I have a 12 month old and a 2 year and 9 month old. The vista was great for one child. (Sturdy, bassinet, rain and mosquito nets, sun shade, easy to maneouvre, big wheels, smooth handling, huge basket).

Published 19 months ago by Wm19

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Versatility, August 28, 2011
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
We got the Vista when we were expecting our second child. Our oldest was going to be 2.5 when his younger brother was born and already liked walking so I didn't want a dedicated double stroller but knew I would need a double stroller some of the time. For my needs, the Rumble Seat is perfect. Most of the time I use the stroller as a single or with the UPPAbaby PiggyBack Ride Along Board but if we're going to a busy part of town or will be walking a longer distance than I use the Rumble Seat.
I've been pleasantly surprised with how maneuverable and easy to push the stroller is with the Rumble Seat on it. My son is around 32 lbs and in the lower seat so I was worried the stroller would be off balance but it's really not bad. It's less maneuverable than a single stroller for sure but that's not a fair comparison. Compared to a true double stroller or even some other tandem strollers on the market it's great. I have no problems pushing up ramps or up over curbs even with my close to the weight limit son in the lower seat and my infant in the main seat. I also don't have problems over brick or cobblestone. If you're using the rumble seat it will take two hands most of the time to push it but I think this is pretty typical of any stroller with two children in it.
Finally, I was worried my son wouldn't like sitting in it because his view is obstructed but that hasn't been a problem at all. At times I thought it would be nice for the seat to recline because usually my son is in the rumble seat when he's too tired to walk anymore but the lack of recline hasn't stopped him from falling asleep in the seat. And then having a seat that reclined would just make the stroller heavier and more cumbersome and take away from the flexibility of this option that I like so much.
Having lived with this for several months I'm so happy we made the decision to go with the vista + rumble seat instead of buying a new double stroller. I don't think this would work well for twins or for babies much closer in age, but for us with a toddler who likes to walk and an infant this has been the perfect choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, but could be much better, April 15, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)

Then I had the second child and got the piggyback and rumble seat. While the second baby was under 12 months, the uppababy vista (with regular seat or car seat + car seat adaptor) + rumble seat + piggyback combination worked well for my toddler and the baby. The toddler could sit in the back rumble seat or stand on the piggyback.

So for the first 12 months of the second child's life, this stroller was great, and the negatives were easily overlooked. With the rumbleseat, it is longer and heavier, and with the heavier toddler sitting in the rumble seat, it is harder to steer compared to a single stroller. It's still a relatively smooth ride, albeit more cumbersome as you can imagine.

However, now the baby is 12 months old, running everywhere, and no longer content to sit quietly in the stroller. Also, the toddler becomes jealous and tired and wants to sit like the baby. The baby wants to kick and pull at the toddler.

The negatives outweigh the positives now.

The rumble seat only faces backwards, has no reclining positions, and there is very little room in front of a child's head. If a child falls asleep in the rumble seat, her head will fall forward. Very uncomfortable if asleep.

The little shade cover offers almost no sun or rain protection because it is too small.

The bottom piece is clipped on top and velcroed on the bottom to the vista frame. However, the bottom piece has some kind of waffle weave texture, which means that dirt and food can easily get smeared into it and then it is very hard to clean out.

This is an expensive attachment. Heck, all the vista accessories are expensive - the piggy back board, the rumble seat, the parent tray, the child tray, the car seat adaptor. For the price of just the piggy back board and rumble seat, I could buy a new double stroller.

Now that both children are very mobile (both running around and interested in everything), they do not like to stay in the vista/rumble seat/piggyback board.

If baby is in the regular seat and toddler is on the piggyback, the regular seat is so high the toddler can't see over it, and can only see from the side.

If baby is in the regular seat or the car seat facing backwards and toddler is on the piggyback, the baby can kick the toddler.

If one child is in the regular seat facing forward and the other child is in the rumbleseat, the first child can kick the second child.

If either the baby or the toddler are in the rumble seat, they don't like it because their view is blocked by the very close regular seat or car seat and they can only see to the side. If the regular seat is reclined, there is no room in the back seat for anyone to sit.

The baby is too small to stand on the piggyback board.

In order to fit everything into the back of my SUV, this is what I do:

1. Remove the car seat. Remove the car seat adaptor. OR Remove the regular seat.
2. Remove the rumble seat.
3. Fold the stroller and put it into the car. For smaller vehicles you may have to remove the piggyback board too.

I am going to get a sit'n'stand stroller, where the baby can sit in the front forward facing seat, the toddler can stand or sit on the back, the accessories are included, it folds in one move and it's far cheaper ($239-$149 CAN). If I have another newborn, then I will get out the vista and accessories again. For two very active kids, I guess they have outgrown the vista + piggyback + rumble seat combination.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed!, January 18, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
I was so excited about the rumbleseat for use with my 2010 Vista. I have a bumbleride indie twin for my 2 year old and 4 month old, which maneuvers like a dream and which I use for longer walks and errands. Since it's bulky and takes up my whole trunk, I was hoping this would be a great option on the go as it would give me multiple options depending on the errand (easy on and off, depending on whether my 2 year old was going to ride in the stroller or walk.) After snapping on the rumbleseat for a trip to the mall, I found that I could barely squeeze my 2 year old (who is only in the 50% for weight) in between the rumbleseat and the back of the regular Vista seat. I tried a different configuration but it was no better. The worst part of the rumbleseat, however, is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to maneuver/drive. The added weight with my toddler in that position makes a simple right turn very rickety and slow. It felt very unstable and required nearly all of my body weight (I'm quite tall) to shove it in the right direction. After 5 minutes of trying to drive it as it meandered all over the place (and hearing my toddler scream about having the seat within an inch of her face) I unsnapped the rumbleseat and let my daughter walk. I was really hoping that the rumbleseat would conveniently convert my Vista to a double stroller on the go, but it's definitely not worth the difficulty of driving it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work so well with two heavier, July 20, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
We have not had the best experience with this. It's well made and fits the stroller nicely, but the concept is better than the execution. When the smaller baby is I true infant, the older child makes the stroller to heavy to maneuver. When the infant gets a little older and can sit in either seat, one child will have their view constantly at the level of the other child's feet. I also had to have my stroller frame replaced twice by Uppababy b/c I think the weight of my larger child sitting in the Rumble Seat caused the folding joint to malfunction. Uppababy's customer service is great, but we really don't use this stroller with both kids, b/c it's not a comfortable ride for anyone. And we LOVED our Vista when we had just one child. Too bad. We now spend most of our walks in a Babyjogger City Select tandem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rumble Seat- Still Pretty Awesome 18 Months In, January 25, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
I have 2 girls almost exactly 2 years apart, and got this to add to my 2009 Vista when the younger was born. I was skeptical about how much use I'd get out of it, and whether my older daughter would object to being in this seat, but I can say I am happy with the amount of use I've gotten out of the Rumble Seat in the last 18+ months. It was less useful with the carseat adapter, but got to be really handy when younger sis could go in the regular toddler seat. So many options- sometimes the little one would be in the ergo and I'd use the Vista as a single, or we'd roll with it as a double. Once I got the hang of it, I could snap the rumble seat on and off in 30 seconds.

Now, I have 2 walkers, and we don't use a stroller quite as much as we used to, but my 3 year old still likes to hop in the rumble seat and have a snack when she gets tired. The girls prefer riding facing each other-- they don't seem to be bothered by the one having her feet in the other's face. Sometimes they trade places for fun. My older is super tall (38") so took the sunshade off ages ago, and just use the seat without it. I don't miss it.

Even with the second seat the stroller handles better than most full sized singles. Be careful that the foot rest is properly attached to the bars(it stays there even if the seat isn't on) - I got lazy and left the velcro undone and the basket ripped from the weight of the rumble seat occupant's feet.

Would I do it all again? There's a bunch of cool doubles out there now (like the city select) and so maybe my decision would be harder now. Also, if you have 2 kiddos riding 100% of the time, a real double (like a side by side) might suit you better. But given that I already have a Vista and could use a double now and then, the rumble seat definitely works. Now I need to decide if I want to splurge for a piggyback too...

5.0 out of 5 stars Use on a Baby Jogger City Versa stroller, June 14, 2014
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
This also happens to fit the Baby Jogger City Versa stroller, making for a very compact and inexpensive double. I absolutely love having the second seat option!

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable, May 13, 2014
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
We bought this as insert for our UB VIsta since we're doing a nanny share and thought it would be easier than purchasing a whole separate double stroller. We've given it about two months, but unfortunately looks like we're giving up and getting a side-by-side stroller after all. The way the Rumble Seat attaches is just completely uncomfortable for the kid sitting in back -- there's no recline whatsoever, and their head just falls directly forward as thye start to fall asleep. It's fine for a short errand, but you can't go for a long walk and expect the child in the back to be able to sleep. And actually it's harder on the child in the top level as well, because that seat, if it's facing you, can't recline without basically hitting the bottom kid in the face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy I bought the Rumble seat, November 6, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
I'm so happy I purchased the Rumble seat. I have a newborn and a 14 month old and it's a great way to get more mileage from your UPPAbaby stroller. It's easy to attach to your stroller and I don't have an issue getting my toddler in and out of the seat. It's more difficult to push the stroller but that's understandable b/c it's heavier. Overall, for the price, I think it's worth it as opposed to buying a double stroller.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with the set up when 2 kids are in stroller, November 30, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
The stroller is not designed properly for 2 kids. When my toddler sits in the rumble seat, his face is inches from the bottom of the infant bucket seat. He'll have a bit more space when I'm able to put my baby girl in an actual seat, but still - not ideal. Would be better if he faced out. also- its hard to turn corners in it because there's so much weight at the very front.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to add or remove rumble seat, January 4, 2014
This review is from: UPPAbaby Rumble Seat (Baby Product)
Easy to put on or take off so you can collapse the stroller. Stroller is still easy to maneuver. Our 3 year old loves it.

UPPAbaby Rumble Seat