5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT - Used for Baby Jogger City Select

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but doesn't fit right
Published on June 6, 2012 by neenu

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT - Used for Baby Jogger City Select, May 30, 2011
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
I went out on a limb and purchased this travel bag for my Baby Jogger City Select. The UPPAbaby and the City Select are very similar and almost the same size/shape. I read all the reviews for the baby jogger city select bag and they didn't have high remarks. I fly a lot and don't want to chance checking my expensive stroller at the gate before boarding the plane. I've had two other strollers before this one and they always get beat up. So, my strategy has changed now having spent a ton more money on this stroller. I check this bag with my luggage and use an umbrella stroller to get through the airport. That way, the Xray machines don't beat up the stroller (they always try to make you shove your stroller THROUGH the Xray machine). This UPPAbaby Vista bag is AWESOME!!!!! I highly recommend it!! It has rolling wheels and a handle on top. It will fall over if you're not careful. It does have a plastic bottom piece on the inside of bag to prevent the stroller inside from ripping a hole in the bag. The bag held up so great. I will say, you do have to take apart the City Select down to bare bones to get it to fit. That means, taking off all 4 wheels, making sure the seat is detached (so easy) and the foot extension piece on the child seat is pushed up to the first and smallest notch so the seat is shorter. I also had to take off the canopy that covers baby/child. It will all fit in there...just not all put together. There is a seperate bag for the big wheels inside of the bag and there's a big pocket on the front of the bag where I put the smaller front wheels. I do have 2 kids which means 1 big seat and 1 carseat attachment piece. The carseat attachment piece did have to go in my suitcase. It's a simple bar and wasn't any trouble to stick in with my clothes. After taking apart the stroller, it all fit great! I didn't have to have two people to get it zipped up. It easily zipped with room to spare. I'm 50/50 if a 2nd child seat will fit in the bag as well. If it doesn't, I'll probably just stick in my suitcase instead of the carseat adapter bar. I wish Baby Jogger made a bag this NICE!!! It's a shame you spend so much money on a stroller and they don't make a travel case to protect your investment. Glad the UPPAbaby does though...it is a quality constructed bag!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, July 28, 2011
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
This is a great product. We used it for the first time to travel to Puerto Rico and it was a breeze to travel with the stroller. It is very easy to place into the bag and remove. I advise you to do a trial run at home once before actually using it to travel. Just to ensure that you feel confident about disassembling & assembling the stroller in the airport. The bag is very sleek and doesn't look at all like a stroller bag, but more like a piece of luggage. I actually read in previous reviews that they tend to confuse it for luggage at the gate check and at times they won't bring it up with the rest of the strollers. This did happen to us upon arrival in PR, but coming back into NY it wasn't a problem. I did write "STROLLER" on the bag in big, bold letters with a black sharpie. Hopefully that helps. Also, this is VERY IMPORTANT, you should register the bag on the Uppa baby website. They have the Travelsafe program, which ensures the integrity of the stroller as long as it is in the registered bag. They promise that if anything is damaged they will repair or replace the stroller. I feel this is definitely well worth the price of the bag given that the stroler is quite expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the investment!, March 29, 2012
Jrin (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
We bought this bag for our international trip back to the States for Christmas. I love my vista and wanted to take great care of it. I love how snugly and compact the stroller can be in the bag. To be honest. I had to practice getting in there a few times. Now I am a pro. We had enough extra room to throw the kids coats inside. Germany would not let us check it with our luggage but it was easy to pull around to our gates. In the States they let us check it no problem. When it was lost in JFK I had a sense of reassurance when I new that my stroller was insured. (the stroller was found YAY) So in the end I am glad I had this bag. No damage to my stroller and little extra room to hide a few things! Worth it!!!

**update**
We just recently used our travel bag again for our move from Germany to the USA. I had the stroller in our bag. When we got the stroller out of the bag at our destination I noticed that the seat frame would not attach to the stroller. I called their customer service and they immediately mailed us out a new seat frame. I am impressed with my uppababy Vista stroller and their customer service! Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile investment to protect your stroller, September 13, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
I bought this bag to protect my Vista on a cross-country flight. It is a little difficult to fit the stroller in -- it's definitely a tight fit, but I was able to get it in. If you are going to put the stroller in the bag at the airport, I highly recommend doing a test run at home (as other reviewers have recommended). You have to remove the back wheels (easy - just depress a button and slide the wheels right off), fold the stroller and maneuver it into the bag (a little tricky due to the tight fit), put the wheels on top of the frame, and the bumper bar in a special pocket. As others have mentioned, there's room for other things. I wasn't able to fit in my car seat adaptor, but I did get a brick of diapers and some blankets to fit.

I was hoping that the bag would leave my stroller completely intact, especially since the bag is so pricey. But I guess nothing can completely protect your stroller if baggage handlers decide to be careless. The brake for the stroller ended up getting broken during transit. Uppababy was great and sent me another frame (because I had registered both the stroller and bag online before my trip). But note that the insurance that the bag provides only lasts from 2 years from date of purchase of the stroller.

So, all in all, I think this is worth it to protect an expensive stroller -- particularly if you are within 2 yrs of when your stroller was purchased. But it may not protect you from all damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
We purchased a seat for our 6-month old, so were using the Vista with the Graco car seat and car seat adapter. The car seat went in the cabin with us, but I was able to get the following into the Vista travel bag:
- Vista frame
- adapter attachment for the Graco carseat
- carseat base for the Graco carseat (we have the snugride 35)
- baby bjorn carrier
- a couple of additional baby blankets (we were traveling in December)

I was really pleased to be able to fit the carseat base in there instead of having to haul it into the cabin or gate check it separately.

I also like that the bag rolls up pretty neatly and easily stows in the stroller basket. This is a must-have if you're traveling with your Vista! I haven't yet traveled with the toddler seat on, so I can't speak to that yet.

One more note on the Vista and air travel, you must remove the rear wheels in order to fit the stroller frame through the xray machine in security :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but doesn't fit right, June 6, 2012
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
I bought this bag for my 2012 UppaBaby Vista because I was lured by the promise of "TravelSafe": Should my stroller get damaged during travel, they would repair/replace the damaged part for free. I thought, since it was the same brand as my stroller, it would be a perfect match. I know it's supposed to be a snug fit, but no matter how hard I tried to push it in as the instruction booklet illustrated, the zipper won't close when you get to the top. I even got some help thinking that maybe I was doing something wrong, and got the same results. We pulled and tugged and pushed to no avail. I don't know about everyone else, but a $65 (thank God I didn't pay the original price of $99.99) stroller bag shouldn't be this difficult to work. I got the product the night before a family trip so I had no choice but to go with it, with the zipper not being closed all the way. I was also disappointed to discover that I had to take off the back wheels to get the stroller in the bag- I was hoping for a fold-and-go kinda product. The instruction booklet did not specify that the bag was only for a specific year model of the Vista stroller, as it had a separate instruction for the angle of the baby seat before folding the stroller for the "2009 and older" and the "2010 and later" models.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, but not totally sold., March 22, 2012
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
We purchased this bag because on the first airline trip we took with our awesome vista, the stroller was dropped about 20 feet off the jet bridge (missed the luggage chute and went right over the side) and a wheel splintered off. The stroller "wasn't packaged correctly" and wasn't covered by the airline. (Luckily, UppaBaby was very responsive and sold us a single replacement wheel.) Any Vista in this bag is protected by the TravelSafe plan. Since using the bag, we haven't had any problems, thank goodness! For that reason alone, I will continue using this product. However, there are a few downsides to the bag.

(1) This bag doesn't look enough like a stroller bag and the baggage handlers keep sending it to baggage claim instead of jet bridge. Ugh! It's tough carrying the kid and all the stuff through the airport when you're planning on having a stroller to tote all of it!
(2) It isn't the easiest to get the stroller in the bag - both wheels have to be removed, all attachments must be removed, and the stroller must be in the correct orientation. To accomplish this, I put the baby in a sling and do it all before going down the jet bridge (ideally about 5 minutes before boarding). There is a large diagram printed inside the bag which is certainly helpful, but every time I have to flip the stroller over.
(3) The handle is sturdy, but it isn't long enough for my 6-ft tall husband to pull. We're going to tie a strap to ours before our next trip.
(4) The bag rolls up small so it is easy to get through the airport. This is a good thing. I just wish I didn't need a bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with City Select Double, March 12, 2014
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
I just stuffed my entire City Select stroller with the second seat and all of the car seat bars/attachments, wheels, and hoods, into this travel bag. It fits perfectly and holds up really well. Best travel bag for both the Uppababy vista and now City Select Double. Its just such a shame that Uppababy Vista doesn't make a great double stroller!! :(

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH EVERY PENNY!, January 31, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
We bought this for 2 plane trips. Just a couple hours by plane each trip, but we wanted to take our Vista with us anyway. THANK G*D we bought this bag. During the first plane trip, the bag took a bit of a beating, but the stroller was unscathed. The 2nd trip, however, was problematic. On our return trip (at least it made it to our destination okay), I think the baggage handlers placed an extraordinarily heavy item on top of the stroller bag, or it ended up falling out of the luggage cart at some point because the toddler seat frame was completely damaged at the seat-to-frame connection points. We were so upset, but thanks to this bag and UppaBaby's fantastic customer service, we had NO problems getting a replacement toddler seat. The main stroller frame is dinged and nicked in a few places, but the stroller is great otherwise. We got our money back several times thanks to the bag and the insurance it comes with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Was able to fit our City Select =o), October 31, 2013
This review is from: UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black (Baby Product)
Used for our City Select on a West Coast --> East Coast trip. Just like the UppaBaby you have to take apart the whole stroller. But made gate side check-in feasible. Best bargain for cost/durability/and size for our City Select. Make sure you have a decent amount of space and time by the gate to take apart your City Select and put it all in the TravelBag.

UPPAbaby Vista Travelsafe Travelbag, Black