on October 5, 2012
Verified Purchase
I've been using a Moshi keyboard cover and after a few months it started to discolor. Moshi claims you can wash it, but it doesn't remove the discoloration. My Moshi keyboard cover is partially cloudy white and looks like the black from the keyboard has transferred to the keyboard cover. I found this keyboard cover for 1/3 the price of the Moshi and it's just as good. This keyboard cover fits just as well and feels thinner than the Moshi. If you're looking for a clear keyboard cover, look no further. You can't beat the price and quality of this one... I'll update my review if I notice any discoloration from this keyboard cover over the next few months.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 3, 2012
Verified Purchase
The Macbook Pro keyboard is so open and exposed - very susceptible to accidents. I was looking for a keyboard cover to protect my computer from my 10-month old baby's sticky fingers and impromptu sneezes while Skyping grandma... but it does an awesome job of protecting my computer for all the things I didn't think of:

- my coffee as I'm doing my morning web surfing
- ingredients as I follow an online recipe in the kitchen
- residual breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner crumbs on my fingers as I type
- sticky baby fingers
- wet fingers when setting my computer up for a sitcom show for bathtime
- and the list goes on...

I'm so glad I purchased this. I haven't even had my new keyboard cover for a month and I already spilled soy sauce on my keyboard while cooking (using good ol' Allrecipes) - but the cover protected it from the spill and I was able to quickly pull the cover off before the soy sauce leached around the edges. It definitely saved me from the panic and headache of the ol' computer flip-n-dry technique. Whew!

Also, I originally planned to get one of those cute colored ones - but read the reviews and decided against them due to complaints about
- letter printing not being precisely placed, creating a doubling effect
- not being translucent enough for the lit keyboard to show through

Overall - one of the best laptop accessories I've purchased besides a privacy screen and compact speaker ball. :)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 8, 2012
Verified Purchase
PROS:
- Fits perfectly on Macbook Pro with Retina 15.4" keyboard
- Does its job of protecting and covering your keyboard area

NEUTRAL:
- Translucent finish (cover isn't transparent; your keyboard isn't as black)
- $8. Not cheap, but not expensive

CONS:
- Makes it slightly harder to type. I am a touch typist; I like to type really quickly without pushing down on keys too hard. This cover prevents that, and I find myself having to go back and re-type things more often, especially stuff that I like to type quickly (AKA passwords/login)

I have never had a keyboard cover on my laptops before. This is my first Macbook and my first keyboard cover. I didn't know what to expect, but this product will do in terms of covering and protecting your rMBP keyboard. Some people might not like the translucent finish, but you can still see that your keys are black and illuminated. Others won't like the typing hindrance, which may be really minor to some but more bothersome if you like to type with minimal force like me.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 17, 2013
Verified Purchase
PROS: Fits every key on my 13" late 2011 MacBook Pro like a glove; ultra thin as advertised; this keyboard cover is so thin that I can even feel the bumps on the f & j keys; only slightly opaque, which allows you to see the letters & symbols on all keys; after using a different, $4.95 keyboard cover, this one is 99% unnoticeable.

CONS: This cover fits so tightly on the keys that a minor bit of air is trapped beneath the cover. This air can be squeezed out by placing all eight fingers on the center of the keyboard and pressing outwardly toward the keyboard's edges. Either way, it feels the same and the trapped air does not appreciably affect the cover's "feel."

I don't write many product reviews, but this particular keyboard cover is so good, I'm writing this review.

I replaced a (probably) two year old "tired," cheapie cover with the "UPPERCASE Ultra Thin Clear Soft TPU Keyboard Cover Skin for the MacBook Pro." The UPPERCASE cover came in very attractive packaging, a sign to me that the manufacturer is proud of their product - and, in my humble opinion, they have ever right to be very proud of this keyboard cover.

The difference in the old cover and this one was remarkable at the least. I read in another review of this UPPERCASE product that this cover takes some getting used to - not true! It's extremely easy to get used to and this cover is 99% unnoticeable fitting my keyboard like a ultra-thin glove. I can even feel the little raised bumps on the f and j keys, something I have not felt in the past two years while using the cheapie cover.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, high quality, low cost keyboard cover, you need look no further!
on October 3, 2012
Verified Purchase
This cover is awesome. I ordered several keyboard covers for my Macbook Pro and this happens to be the best one I have ever used.

When they said it is ULTRA THIN, it is. Upon inspection of taking the product outside it's packaging, I was astonished by how thin it was. I placed it on my keyboard and started typing away. Just like any cover, this needs the user to get comfortable with it. Even though it is extremely thin, you can still feel a difference when you type on the keyboard.

A pro for this cover is how clear it is. In a dim room with the keyboard back light on, you can barely tell that there is a cover on the keys. You can see every key on the keyboard with the back light on which helps if you need to look at the keyboard every now and then.

Other keyboard covers I have used in the past leave smudge-like marks of the keys on the screen when it is closed for some time. This keyboard cover does not do that. It feels good not having to clean my screen every other day.

Great product and protection for an unbeatable price. Will recommend to peers, friends, family, and any Macbook user
on July 17, 2012
Verified Purchase
this isnt a scam product . is better than the 20 dollar moshi keyboard cover and cheaper . shipping was fast . just buy this one . dont even notice it after a day or 2
on July 20, 2012
Verified Purchase
This keyboard cover gets four stars right off the bat because it's the best one I could find on amazon, and I've purchased a few. Here is why this cover is better than the alternatives:

PROS:
-Doesn't hinder backlight. Many keyboard covers block the back lighting of your macbook's keys. A keyboard cover should protect and enhance your keyboard, not take away valuable features.
-This one is completely clear, so the buttons will match, the caps lock light works, and the backlighting is still visible.
-The cover is thin

CONS:
-It really feels like you put a condom on your keyboard. It has been well documented that condoms make your experience feel worse. Other covers feel better, but don't function as well.
-The cover comes off somewhat easily, and leaves your buttons looking cloudy. It's not the slickest cover out there, but it doesn't ruin the features of your keyboard.

Overall: This is the best cover for a retina macbook (at least) you can find right now. It could feel better, and it could look better, but it doesn't make the deal-breaking errors other covers currently are.
on November 20, 2013
Verified Purchase
So I just bought a new Macbook Pro 15", but not the new retina display model. Based on the large number of positive reviews, I went ahead and purchased this keyboard protector. I've had it for 24 hours and I'm already pretty frustrated with it. First, it doesn't fit well at all: the indentations to fit over the keys are much too shallow, so the whole thing sits well above the keyboard. As a result, it is difficult to type and when you do other keys are frequently pressed because pressing down a key pulls on all the other keys around it quite a bit. Also, the height and width dimensions are a little off, so if you get it to mostly fit down on the right side, the left side pops off. Given the poor fit, it won't do a very good job of protecting the keyboard, since things like dust and crumbs will easily make their way into the large gaps. Second, apart from problems of fitting, it's not soft at all. In fact, it's quite stiff. It takes about twice the amount of force to press a key with the cover on than it does with the cover off.

I'm a law school student, so I'm on my laptop during most of my waking hours. In a given day I have to do a huge amount of writing and research. This keyboard cover is so bad that I can't work with it on because it impedes the use of my laptop so much.

I have to say that, given the large number of positive reviews, I'm a little surprised at how bad this cover is (it is truly awful!). Perhaps most of the covers are good, but the manufacturer's quality controls are inadequate. So maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones who got a bad one, and other people's have been great. I don't know. I do know that the one I got is unacceptable.
review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 2, 2014
Verified Purchase
Mine just doesn't fit properly. I bought the cover for the 13 inch macbook pro and it is loose on the right hand side, so it sticks to my fingers and lifts up on the right side when I type. The left side fits perfectly. I'm disappointed because this is the most I've ever paid for a keyboard cover and it doesn't even fit. It came highly recommended...so I'm not sure what exactly is going on. It also came with these little scratch marks on the N and C key already that won't come off. I've washed it with the dish soap and sponge like it told me to on the case that it came in, and it still won't come off...so right off the bat it looks used and beat up.

I think I should stick to the $1.98 ones from China...at least they don't lift up whenever I type.
on September 15, 2012
Verified Purchase
I accidentally spilled on my keyboard and everything fell on this cover....I paid $2200+ for my Macbook Retina so I am so relieved. I don't really notice the cover at all but I really got used to it. I was over at the Apple store and typing on their keyboard felt foreign to mine. The cover never sticks to my fingers as some reviews would say. I also love the fact that I can eat while on my computer (watching liquids from now on) but with greasy fingers I'm not worried about damaging or leaving oily keys on the macbook.

Looks: It's clear and not too noticeable. At night it doesn't look like there's a skin at all.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations