Size: Mackbook Air 13.3"Change
Price:$8.28 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 16, 2012
Basically a condom for your keyboard, it's not as intimate as without, but it's safer.
Fits snug and makes the keyboard a little mushy.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 30, 2012
I enjoy a nice cup of coffee whenever I'm home on my computer. I bought this keyboard cover 'just in case' I happen to spill any liquid while working on the computer as I have done in the past. Overall, the quality of this cover is excellent. They used very precise molds that fits PERFECTLY over the keyboard without any signs of misalignment, or inconsistencies.
One thing I would like to point out though is, with all keyboard covers, the feel of the keyboard will change, regardless of the brand or quality of the film you get. Each strike will feel mushier, but not stiff. Because it's one sheet, pressing one key will tend to pull on the keys surrounding it, thus requiring added pressure on your keystroke in order for your strike to register. They keystrokes feel like using a calculator with rubber buttons. You have to get used to it. Personally, I found myself typing less accurately for the first day but since I don't do any extended typing, I find that I dont mind it at all. You might however, if you find yourself writing pages of text as the keyboard will not feel as crisp as ones without a cover over it. It is however fairly easy to get used to.
If you want to protect your keyboard, get this. This is one of the best covers I have used and one of the best made ones. I plan on selling my air next year so I want to keep it as pristine as possible. This is more that enough protection to keep small spills away from your internals or bits of doritos and dead skin away from the insides of your computer.
This product does not come with an adhesive. It basically just lays over your keyboard. However, it will not fall off (unless you really try and flip your laptop upside down) as the fit is so snug over each and every key that it basically keeps itself in place.
I am giving this a 4 star review, rating excellent. The only reason for this is because I would have liked this pad if it had some adhesive around the edges of the film. Without adhesives, liquids will be able to bleed around and under the skin which may eventually find its way in the cracks between your keys.
on April 1, 2013
I just got a new 13" Macbook Air, and was looking for a keyboard protector to fit. Compared to my former Macbook pro, the keys aren't as high on my air and for that reason I was worried about buying a product that didn't fit perfectly. My last keyboard skin for my Macbook Pro was made of soft silicone, and it bubbled up occasionally. When I closed my laptop, the silicone made imprints on my display. Since that one didn't fit my new Air, I was looking for a new one that's better quality than the last.

This keyboard skin has so far met all my expectations. It is MUCH thinner than my previous one, it fits my new air PERFECTLY (so it doesn't fit my pro), it doesn't bubble up, it's not as soft as the silicone one -so it does not leave marks on my display. Yay!

Like other reviewers stated, it fits snug right on top of the keyboard and doesn't come with adhesive or anything to make it stick. (Who would want something sticky on their new laptop?!)

Things I've noticed since using it:
1. I barely notice it. It does not (in my opinion) make the keys any harder to strike. If you don't look at the keyboard while you type, I doubt you would notice this skin much.
2. Having the skin on doesn't make the glow from the computer any harder to see.
3. It has prevented a lot of dust and fur from getting stuck between my keys (I have one cat)
4. I'm not sure how well this will protect you computer from a spill.

Let's be real here, you should still avoid spilling things on your expensive computer, even when it's wearing it's little keyboard skin. If I put cream on my hands, or if my hands are a little damp, I feel confident my computer is protected. However, still try to keep drinks away from it.

If you are looking for ways to protect your 13" Macbook Air, I recommend both this product and Incase Incase Neoprene Sleeve For Macbook Air 13-Inch - Black (CL57802)
on August 3, 2012
This keyboard cover does its job, I just wanted something that would keep dust and hair out without changing the look of the computer. However it is so thin that sometimes when I am typing the cover sticks to my fingers and lifts off the keyboard. I'm hoping once it settles in that will stop. I really like the fact that it lets the back-lit keys shine through though.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 20, 2013
I can't believe that those who bought this keyboard cover for MacBook Air 13" are suffering because they received a WRONG product !
FYI, I have a MB Air, June 2013 version (With the Intel Haswell processor)

The correct uppercase keyboard cover that you should order is :
UPPERCASE Premium Ultra Thin Keyboard Protector for Macbook Air 13 13.3 Inch

Since the price of the keyboard cover in the link above is 13 $ vs this one (9 $), everyone looking for the MB Air 13" cover ordered this cheaper product.

I ordered the product in this page (The one where you're reading this review) first, but I found it was a great fit for my Apple Wireless keyboard, but not for my air. So I went to Uppercase designs website, and their website took me to the other product page (the link of which is mentioned above). I ordered that one too and fits PERFECT with my MB Air 2013 keyboard. I have read reviews of the product in this page and they mentioned the gap between the keys and the keyboard cover. If you order the correct product, this will not be a problem.

In summary, for MacBook Air, order this one: UPPERCASE Premium Ultra Thin Keyboard Protector for Macbook Air 13 13.3 Inch

And NOT this one, this one is great for Apple wireless keyboard, and older MacBook Pro : UPPERCASE Ultra Thin Clear Soft TPU Keyboard Cover Skin for Macbook Air 13 13.3 Inch

For the newer retina display MB Pro, order the correct MB Air one, I have tested and it fits great with the MB Pro with retina display as well.
on January 4, 2013
It took me so long to decide which clear cover to purchase especially with all the negative reviews, but I just decided to go with this one and it works perfectly fine! I thought it was going to be so much worse. However, It's soft, flexible, the keyboard lighting shines brightly through, the sound of tapping is softened, and fits my keyboard as close as it gets. Anyways, I highly doubt there is a perfect product that will satisfy every keyboard out there. You might have to tap just the slightest teensy weensy bit harder, but I'm noticing that it actually is training my fingers to not lift so high or stray away from the keys, which I guess I used to do previously. Oh, it also doesn't leave a keyboard outline on my screen when it's closed!
on July 27, 2012
When I saw this Item for the price I jumped right on it. I received the item quickly, put it on, and was protected.

As time passed but I notices it did not stay flat on my keyboard. i have to keep fitting it on. also compared to the moshi clear keyboard cover, it does not go all the way to the edge of the keyboard like i wanted it to.

this product will service its purpose, I'm just not satisfied with it. I will give it away and buy the Moshi clear keyboard cover.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 18, 2013
UPPERCASE keyboard skins are the best, but this is the wrong one to buy. It does not fit Macbook Air.
The right one has "Premium" in the name.
Look for [ UPPERCASE Premium Ultra Thin Keyboard Protector for Macbook Air 13 13.3 Inch ]
on August 1, 2012
I bought this bc of the price & the reviews.

There is a gap between the key and the plastic, which makes it feel really strange typing. Sometimes I'd think I hit the key, but I only pushed in the plastic.
I also couldnt get used to the way it moved when I'd type.
I did, however, like the textured feel of the keys.

I'm not keeping it though.
on September 24, 2012
This keyboard cover is nice and thin and it also stays in place very well. It does make the keys a bit stiffer but after getting accustomed to that fact it isn't much of an issue. I am using it with a mid 2012 13" Macbook Air (A1466) and it fits perfectly.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations