Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2006 3:03:40 PM PDT
Adam Cameron says:
Does anyone know when the Extended version will be available in the US? I've found it available for most other regions except the US. Whats the deal with that?!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2006 9:52:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2006 9:53:19 AM PDT
I'm guessing there will be a second release of the extended cut a few months later, to make US consumers double dip on the same title.

Sucks, huh?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2006 11:38:28 PM PDT
MediaMogul says:
You're best off buying the R3 Hong Kong gift set anyway... it can be ordered from YesAsia for $60 shipped, which is only $9 more than the US version, and it contains the extended cut in DTS audio, something that won't be released in R1. The box set is also much nicer looking, the US gift set is cheesy looking-too graphically intense.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2007 3:18:21 PM PST
Tigs says:
Yes, but people who do not have Region Free DVD Players Will Not be Able To Play the DVD. Am I right or wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2008 7:27:57 AM PDT
Multi Region Players are available from many online sellers for about the price of a basic 1 region single player. I bought one not knowing it was from my local K-Mart for 35 bucks a year or so ago. I was so excited when I learned it was (it played some discs that I was waiting for another player for), that I went back to that K-Mart to find 2 more, 1 for my other room so my aging father can watch other region stuff without going into my room and 1 for a friend who wanted to start buying discs from England. I failed. A few weeks later, I found it online at a store whose offline reputation was well known when I was a kid growing up in New York. Bought 2 there, same price, no shipping had em in less than a week. Put 1 in my living room, and gave 1 to my friend as planned. Yahoooooo!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2009 8:00:21 AM PST
ask57 says:
The US extended blu-ray version is scheduled to be released in April 27. You can read more about this in Sony website.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2006
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions