5.0 out of 5 stars What'st not to like?
Published on December 3, 2010 by TL

3.0 out of 5 stars The good and the bad
Published 18 months ago by G. Denick

3.0 out of 5 stars The good and the bad, January 11, 2013
G. Denick (Somersworth, New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: US Forge 400 Welding Gloves Lined Leather, Blue (Tools & Home Improvement)
he good: These gloves are sold at a great price from Amazon (got mine for only $11), and they do a great job of blocking heat. I use them for loading wood into my stove and handling the damper on the stovepipe, and I feel no heat whatsoever. With my regular gloves, my hands would feel like they were on fire, if there was a hot bed of coals. The material seems to be well made and durable (I will update if there are any issues with longevity). The length is also very good, providing ample protection of the wrist and lower forearm (anything longer would be unwieldy, so I'm glad I didn't buy the longer ones). So for the most part, these gloves are fantastic. However, there is...

Some bad: These are only available in one size for some reason, and that size is LARGE. I would be a medium, so these gloves are way too big for me. Since I only use them when I'm loading the stove, they're fine, even though the size is not ideal. However, there is no way I would want to try welding with these, because there is too much extra finger room, limiting my mechanical dexterity. This is something to definitely keep in mind, if you're purchasing these for the purpose of welding, or will need to do some kind of work that requires good dexterity. Different sizes should be available! Also, the color is nowhere near what they manufacturer posted for a photo. This isn't a huge deal, so long as you don't mind bright, royal blue gloves, but this product inaccuracy is frustrating. Finally, these gloves are made in China, which I feel is deceptive, since the company goes by the name of "U.S. Forge". They further hide their origin by printing this nugget of information on a tiny tag way up inside of the glove... it wasn't easy to find or read (this is also where the size is revealed). This information is not printed anywhere on the big piece of cardboard that keeps the gloves attached, although they did find the time to print "U.S. Forge" all over it in huge text.

5.0 out of 5 stars What'st not to like?, December 3, 2010
TL "Tom" (Shenandoah Valley, VA) - See all my reviews
I got these for use around the wood stove and for occasional dutch oven cooking over a campfire. Nice heavy gloves that completely protect wrists and lower arms. For these uses, glad I didn't get the 18" extra length which would be clumsy and not really needed. Bright blue - not the steel gray/blue shown. Compare these Made in the USA $11 gloves to those costing as much as 4x more from "upscale" vendors and you will see what a good deal they are. Much better made/more comfortable than fireplace gloves at local hardware store and a few dollars less.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice quality, I was impressed, September 24, 2010
was not expecting much for the price, but was surprised to find the gloves are really nice! The leather is a generous thickness and the lining is comfortable and seems to breathe well. I was debating spending a bit more, there are a ton of options on amazon. I think I made a good buy on these. Glad I decided not to spend more.

5.0 out of 5 stars US Forge 400 Welding Glove lined Leather Blue, January 20, 2010
Patti (Manahawkin, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
These gloves are used with an everyday welder, found that they are strong, and last quite sometime. So far they show little ware, even the left hand glove which holds the welding item. Very nice product, will purchase again when it is time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves, very bright, January 8, 2011
I bought these to use for our woodstove and they're great! I can touch the stove when it's very hot and rearrange burning logs without any threat of burning my hands. The only thing I would note is that the color is significantly brighter than the photo - they're a bright cobalt blue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves., October 11, 2010
These gloves are really nice. They're super comfortable, big enough, and do well at keeping the heat out. They're more bright of a blue than is in the picture and it's a little too much blue but just use them for a little bit and you'll pick up some black soot :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Grilling & Camp Fire Safety Approved!, September 19, 2012
I'm no welder. I got these to handle hot coals and burning logs and they work very well for that. They cover my forearms too. The lining makes them a little toasty in the summer but I'm not wearing them around town... yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like the first review..., September 23, 2011
So I ordered these gloves because they seemed like a good price for 11 doll hairs and free shippin. So I got them in and they look a little different from the picture. I guess because mine a re like a bright blue, and the pic I originally seen was like a black. Other than that the gloves are wonderous.

Now I will share a secret, my father welds a lot and he likes THIN gloves, so he mentioned he didn't like them as much... HOWEVER I like full protection, and they are super comfy... I personally dont mind they are thicker. My father DID mention that he does get burned a lot more with his THINNER gloves, and it would be nice to have a thicker set, except that his preference is THINNER gloves.

SO... If you like thicker gloves, I would reccomend these super comfy gloves. THey just might not be the color you see in the picture, BUT i think the text does say blue.

I have used them for about 5 hours now and I am in love with them...Im sure someone will find somethign to compalin about, BUT I dont see what it could be. Love them..

3.0 out of 5 stars Saves your hands, April 3, 2011
These are a little thinner than I had hoped. But, the last really heavy-duty pair I had cost a lot more, too! Used these most of the past winter for carrying wood and loading the fireplace insert. Looks like they'll last at least through next year, so they're adequate for my purpose. Unlike the web page, they are really a bright blue color!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for BBQ, May 14, 2012
Bought them for BBQ and can tell they work perfectly. Can pickup and remove grates and grills without harm. Will not be able to hold hot items for prolonged period, but that is not my intention. Wanted to pickup and remove hot grill items (not food) from grills and does that perfectly. Nice soft inside fit also. Can be recommended for BBQ use.

US Forge 400 Welding Gloves Lined Leather, Blue