5.0 out of 5 stars Low profile, Fast, Reliable, Works Great with iMac
I bought this hub to use with my 27" iMac. As current (Intel) iMac owner knows, all of your USB ports are on the back of the machine and not very convenient.

I needed an affordable powered hub with as many ports as possible that could fit in a drawer (in this case, the under desk keyboard drawer of my office desk. This hub fits the bill perfectly.

I...
Published on September 4, 2010 by Ultimate Ducky

1.0 out of 5 stars not enough power for 10 ports
Published on June 10, 2011 by M. L. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Low profile, Fast, Reliable, Works Great with iMac, September 4, 2010
This review is from: Nu USB 2.0 10 Port Hub (with Power Adapter) (Personal Computers)

I have the USB cables for my Droid, two iPods, and a camera all permanently plugged into this hub. I also have it running to a hot swappable external hard drive enclosure. The rest of the ports are open for thumb drives and various other usage.

Has worked admirably. I've only ever noticed any slow down when transferring from a hard drive in the enclosure to a thumb drive both plugged into the hub. I couldn't 100% say this was the hubs fault though.

It's silent, stays cool, and the ports are lit just enough to see what you're doing in the dark or a darkened drawer.

No downsides that I can tell. Definitely worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Awesome!!, October 10, 2010
I was very happy when I found this USB hub. I just bought a laptop to replace my desktop, but the problem was, my desktop has 12 USB ports- and I have almost all of them filled. The laptop only came with four USB ports, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do; my experience with previous USB hubs wasn't good. Other hubs I've used, either stopped working after a short time or never worked right from the start.

When I saw this hub, I was optimistic because of the positive reviews. After purchasing it, I can say without a doubt this is the best hub ever! Not only does it have plenty of ports (10), but two of them even flip up 90-degrees for easier USB flash drive attachment.

I now have almost all of the ports filled, and it has still been working flawlessly. Now I only need ONE USB cable connected to my laptop, and can still use all of my devices!

The only negative I have found is the BRIGHT blue lights! Since this is in my bedroom- I had to take electrical tape and cover the top light strip, but even then blue LEDS shine out from each port. However, for what this hub offers, I'm not even going to subtract a star for this minor issue. :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars not enough power for 10 ports, June 10, 2011
I purchased this product in January and it seemed to work fine until this past week when four ports failed on it. It has a 2.5 amp power adapter which is not enough to power 10 ports at one time. A laptop does not have sufficient ports to connect all peripherals needed/wanted/available so you have to add a hub. It would be nice to find one that was reliable. I've since replaced it with a seven port hub with a 3.0 amp power adapter. As most items are it was made in China. I think that should be clearly stated in a product description.

5.0 out of 5 stars guala's cable & clutter free space!, August 17, 2010
As I use a lot of USB devices on my mac. i kept buying 4 port hubs ( with no ac power).. it was a mess! with this 10 port hub, I have all the slots almost full, but my mac has only 1 USB port occupied, leaving the extra two for surprise USB visits...
it"s design is simple, yet sleek and sturdy, it's pretty fast to! (those 4 hubs arent!) I'm really happy with this purchase, and my desk is to!

4.0 out of 5 stars It does support multiple voltage so Ok for international, March 26, 2011
One item that is always an issue with me is finding out if devices like this are suitable for 240V and 50 hz. I don't know my manufacturers don't provide this information as there are many people like myself that are not locked into US standards only. Having said that, and agreement with the other reviewers that this is a good device, I can also add this unit will accept 100-240V, 50/60hz input voltages. So no issues taking this guy overseas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work well with OSX-Lion, August 23, 2011
OSX Lion totally ignores this device. I tried everything and Lion would NOT "see" this hub. I do not have a clue why this is.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB Hub, September 25, 2010
This is an excellent hub. It is fast. And I have not had any issues with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, April 29, 2011
Overall I am very satisfied. I have only one USB on the macbook air, now I work simultaneously with several USB demanding devices at the same time. And it looks good.

pros : looks good, do the job with one sound card and a midi interface (Maschine), all this works well together, sending MIDI and and audio signals back and forth and power supply a microphone on the sound card and the Maschine pads at the same time.

cons : cable to computer is too short, so I cannot move my laptop around too much. Does not work with the mac book air drive (DVD reader/burner of the mac book air).

5.0 out of 5 stars Trusty, February 7, 2011
J. Pavlak (Commerce City, CO) - See all my reviews
Unlike various cheap USB drives, this one is very reliable and has no issues with dropping connections or hot-swapping devices. I use it for my laptop, which I often disconnect from the hub since I don't carry my webcam, printer, scanner, etc. with me. Everything works right away when I plug back in every time. I can't say that for other USB hubs. This is well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars ease of connections, November 9, 2010
While the ports, especially the moveable ones, are readily available and separated for use by many USB devices and cables, connecting things takes a little care because the ports are very tight. You have to have the connector directly pointing at the port.

Nu USB 2.0 10 Port Hub (with Power Adapter)
$32.99 $21.99