1,926 Reviews
 (1,337)

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Kindle Charging Cord
As with a lot of folks, my Kindle cable started falling apart after only a couple of years. The jacket material was cracking and falling off. The really strange part is I had used it the prior day and it was fine. However, the next day when I took it out to use it, the coating started falling off.

After sending an e-mail to Amazon about this, their customer...
Published on May 25, 2012 by Ralph Furlong

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic casing crumbles after time...
This is actually a replacement for the current one I have. Over a period of time, the casing starts to crumble and the bare wires show. It then works intermittently depending on how you hold the wire--unsafe to say the least. It makes you wonder where this thing is manufactured.

Published on July 11, 2012 by B

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Kindle Charging Cord, May 25, 2012
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)

After sending an e-mail to Amazon about this, their customer representative wrote back to let me know that they were sorry that I had a problem and they issued me a credit so that I could order a replacement cable. They even supplied links to the correct cable! I placed an order for the cable and the credit covered the entire thing! My cost for the cable was covered completely.

I received my cable quickly and used it to plug in my depleated Kindle to charge it back up. The cable is the same length as the original, but it is of a smaller diameter and it is stiffer than the original. The cable worked just fine and my Kindle is now back in my hands so that I can complete the book I was reading.

Once again, Amazon has wowed me with their committment to customer satisfaction! How many companies would replace a cable for free on a product that is two years old?

If you need a replacement cable or an extra one for your Kindle, this cable works well. Time will tell if the cable cracks, but I would not expect it to. I think that whatever they added to the original to make it soft and pliable is what caused it to crack and fail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product that works great with the Kindle Fire, May 20, 2012
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)
This product is excellent and does exactly as it says. I bought this for use with my Kindle fire and it works perfect. both plugs fit tightly with no wiggle room on either end. This is the first Kindle product that I've used so I would like to make note to anyone purchasing this for the Kindle Fire, in order to use this, the device must be turned on and not in sleep mode or your computer will not recognize the device. Very good product at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fraying cable replaced immediately and for free!, May 30, 2012
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)
I bought my Kindle in 2007; recently, I noticed that part of the protective coating on the cable had chipped off. I didn't think much of it and placed it back in a pocket of my laptop bag. In a matter of weeks, the whole thing had disintegrated.

I came here to order a replacement and found out that this is a known issue (defective batch) and that if you call Kindle support (866-321-8851) they will replace it for free -- despite the fact that my Kindle is 5 years old.

Even better, the way they do it is to place it in your cart and then ask you to execute the purchase while they simultaneously credit the account. I'm on travel, so I was able to choose a different shipping address and pay for the 1-day shipping (I was worried that they would only ship to the billing address.) The entire conversation and transaction took less than five minutes.

Thanks Amazon!

(edited to correct the phone number)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kindle umbilical cord!, May 23, 2012
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)
I called Amazon on Monday about my kindle charger cord fraying to where you could see the wiring. I was hoping that it would be covered under my extended warranty. I didn't think it was and of course it wasn't. The rep., I spoke to was very kind. He sent me a new cord for free! I couldn't be more happier with this! Now, I'm just waiting, since my kindle is now dead and waiting to be recharged! Thanks customer service!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cord fits Kindle Paperwhite, May 27, 2013
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)
I had a hard time finding "paperwhite" in the description of Kindles this cord fits. I took a guess this is the correct cord because the end seemed smaller...seemed. It is correct and all's well that ends well. Works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars better this time, May 25, 2012
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)
This USB Cable is smaller then the original one that came with my Kindle but this one looks and feels like it won't be coming apart like the original one did. I tested it out by charging my Kindle and so far so good. Its nice to be able to depend on Amazon.com to make things right if something isn't right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Kindle USB Cable for Fire, June 13, 2012
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)
I've been waiting for this product for two days and when it got here I was so amazed at the speed. I had forgotten to order it when I purchased my Kindle Fire. I read a lot and this USB cable will help me to store my books in a different location so that I can make more room for more books. It also helps me to download updates for my Kindle Fire so that it will be up-to-date and performance better. I'm very happy to have it now and have been able to add and subtract things to my Kindle which allows me to customize it to my style. Its a must have item for the Kindle Fire.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Kindle Micro USB Cable, White (Works with Kindle Fire, Touch, Keyboard, DX, and Kindle) - Updated Design, June 4, 2012
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)
So far so good. Seems like it will do the job. So far I have not figured out if I can get on the internet with this via my computer. That would be great. It does allow me to put stuff on my Fire from my computer which is what I wanted it for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic casing crumbles after time..., July 11, 2012
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)

I certainly hope the new one I am currently buying is an "improved" version from the last.

1.0 out of 5 stars the plastic coating 'dry rotted', August 25, 2012
Suzanne Evans (Shreveport, LA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: USB to Micro USB Cable, White (Accessory)
My micro usb cable that came with my kindle has fallen apart. I have never seen a cable completely disintegrate like this one did. The white plastic coating just fell off.

USB to Micro USB Cable, White