Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: UTG .22/Airgun to Picatinny/Weaver Low Pro Snap-in Adaptor
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 23, 2013
I purchased this item to install a red/green dot sight on my Crosman 357 revolver. They work well.

In case it isn't clear how these work (it wasn't to me) they are spring loaded and fit inside the rail grabber in the sight. When you tighten the sight clamping screws, these also close to fit on the smaller 11mm rail. You don't need to adjust anything.

Only complaints are they are a little finicky to fit inside the picatinny/weaver grabbers in the sight due to their spring loading. Other than that, they work great!.
on July 9, 2013
This is a well designed piece, as it has no screws of its own but rather relies on pressure from the scope mount's screws to clamp it to the dovetail rail. You simply place this into the scope's picatinny/weaver base, set everything on the dovetail rail, and just tighten the scope's original screws. Extremely low profile, this actually doesn't raise the scope AT ALL, as it fits completely inside the weaver base.
on October 15, 2013
dont mean to bash others but u can clearly see that its meant for a flat rail. for me its solid, sturdy works great on my marlin 995. also would fit marlins model 70 and 60. gelfields or otherwise. if that helps anyone. puts my red dot super low. wich is awsome
on July 25, 2014
It works. I've had a devil of a time getting a scope mounted to a Henry .22LR Frontier rifle (more on that in a minute). My first mistake was trying to fit a regular scope base to a .22 rifle dovetailed receiver. It's not the same size dovetail. So, more mounts and rings later (without much success) I decided to try this. It works. It snaps into the bottom of the rings or scope mount. I used UTG quick release LE 30 mm rings for a Tasco red dot scope. Everything mates up pretty well (not perfect, but pretty good). It clamped the scope to the receiver dovetail solidly -- at least solid to hand manipulations etc. Unfortunately, I finally discovered that the receiver dovetail groove on my rifle is not in line with the barrel. The receiver dovetail points well left of the bore so I've discovered (late) that it will be impossible to align the bore of a scope to the bore of the barrel. Very disappointed in the Henry rilfe (am calling them to see what can be done about this), but the adaptor above worked very well -- and was cheap. I did learn that whenever possible it's helpful to stay within the same "family" or brand of mating parts. I had other quick release scope rings that didn't mate as well with this UTG adaptor. The UTG rings were definitely better with this UTG adaptor. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise.
on May 14, 2013
Hi, I was recently doing some long rang shooting (150 yards) with my Marlin Model 989M2 22 LR and needed an adapter for an American Defense Mfg. quick release Picatinny rail mount for a Primary Arms 3X scope. This adapter worked well with a minimum of adjustment allowing the American Defense Mfg. quick release mount to work as designed on a 22 LR rifle with the 3/8" scope rail grooves. The UTG rail adapter also came off as easy it went on with the help of a small screwdriver . This adapter is well worth the money if your want to adapt a Picatinny rail mount to an older 22 LR rifle .

Regards:

G. A. Edington
I used this to mount an EOTech to my daughter's .22lr cricket. She was too small to see though a scope well while maintaining proper form. The red dot is a great training aid for young shooters. It simplifies sight alignment so they can focus on other important fundamentals. This little piece of equipment allows you to take the optics from your big boy toys equipped with a picatinny rail and put them on a youth model only equipped with a dovetail. Everyone asks how I did it when they see it and I pull this product up on Amazon.
on June 1, 2014
These adapters are designed to fit rails: some air rifles and rim-fire rifles come with or are fitted with 3/8 rails, the slots cut into the receiver are 11mm dove-tails. These adapters are not designed to fit the dove-tail. However, I wanted to mount a particular sight on my rifle and did not want the sight high off the receiver as the correct mount positions it, so I measured closely for position and filed flat areas at the location the adapters should be. After filing and testing and filing and testing the fitment was just right then I blued the area with gun-bluing followed by gun-oil polishing. The sight sits low on the receiver just as I wanted it and the grip is rock solid - 4 stars - the gunsmith work was enjoyable.
on August 10, 2015
I have used this to mount a Picatinny scope riser to my pellet pistol. The riser was already pretty high, so I didn't want any more height. This adaptor works perfectly. You litterally just squeeze it and pop it into the dovetail. You may need to remove the stop pin screw (I did).

The ONLY caution I have: My mount did not have a screw that dropped into the picatinny slot at the right spot. I had to place the adaptor far to the end of the adaptor so it would "lock in place" in the pictainny riser. That isn't the fault of the adaptor or riser. The lock down screws on the riser were just far apart. That means this adaptor sticks out in front of the riser slightly. Not a huge issue, just notable. IF I had placed the adaptor farther in where it wasn't visible, it would not have been held in place and potentially could move. Probably would have been ok since the back adaptor was held in place by its' screw. Just worth noting. Since the adaptors are held in place by spring tension only, they really should be aligned with the screws in the pictanniny mount above them to make them as shockproof as possible.

Scope mounted perfectly with the adaptor in place. I've put over 300 pellets through the pistol since installing the mount using these adaptors. Getting excellent, consistent groups.

These are a little more expensive than other, higher adaptors that screw into place and lock. That said, these are easier/faster to install and are the lowest profile possible. Highly recommended if price is not your only concern.
on December 10, 2015
These tiny little guys are very well made and look like the perfect answer to the 11mm dovetail needing to accept a weaver or picatinny mount. Unfortunately things didn't live up to my hopeful expectations. Fitting these little gizmos between the scope mount and dovetail was VERY awkward, like a puzzle in which you have to forces the pieces and hope that they fit. Despite several attempts I could not get them to fit any better. If you need to mount a Weaver or Picatinny scope mounts to an 11mm dovetail save your time and money...just buy a complete rail that does the job. I bought this product because it had such a very, very low profile but it just didn't work.
on April 27, 2014
Works to adapt a 3/8th inch rail to a picatinny rail mount. My old Barnet crossbow had a 3/8th inch dovetail mount for the rear sight. I was looking for an adapter to allow me to use a Trijicon RMR sight with a Picatinny rail mount. This little adapter works perfectly. There are two adapters in the package in case you need to mount a set of rings or other devices that have separate mounting surfaces.