5.0 out of 5 stars Works well
Works just fine and at a fraction of the cost. FYI UTX and YTX are interchangable. Used this on a Victory V92.
Published on September 18, 2011 by Mama Melanie

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy batteries from Amazon!
Published on December 15, 2011 by Chris Bell

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy batteries from Amazon!, December 15, 2011
Chris Bell (Plainfield Il) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UPG UTX20L Adventure Power Power Sport AGM Series Sealed AGM Battery (Automotive)
I received this battery in good looking shape. Charged it before I put it on my 2008 Harley Dyna. Installed easily. Hit the starter, and the bike won't turn over. Not enough CCA (cold cranking amps). Took it to a dealer - battery has a bad cell. But guess what? Amazon doesn't let you return batteries. My first email to the manufacturer was not returned. I will keep trying (just sent attempt #2) but I am afraid I just got burned on a worthless battery!

FAIL!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, September 18, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Good battery, June 10, 2011
I liked this battery because it came loaded and fully charged, in addition to having various charging instructions on the battery and various storage temperature discharge rates which is something I have not seen on any other battery I have purchased. Thanks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Battery For Harley, November 8, 2012
I purchased one of these batteries from another online seller for $59.99. I was happy with the price, as the name brands were at least double that price locally.

I received the battery in a timely manner. It was well packed and in good visual condition.

I installed the battery in my '04 Harley and tried to start it right away. Right out of the box, the battery didn't have enough power to start the bike. I only got a few weak revolutions out of it and that was it. I decided to try charging it overnight. The next day, it actually DID start the bike, but barely! It took everything the battery had to start it. I was afraid to ride anywhere and shut the bike off for fear of being stranded. Instead, I let the bike run for about 10 minutes in the garage, shut it off and tried to restart it. One weak revolution, then nothing but clicks!! I called the supplier who apologized for my inconvenience and said "From time to time, this happens." He promptly sent me a new battery but never asked for the old one back. When I got the new battery, I installed it and put it straight on a charger for about 3 hours at 10amps. When I finally tried to fire it up, I got one revolution, then nothing but clicks!! Determined to make sure I was doing everything right, I let the new battery charge overnight. The next morning - the all too familiar *one weak revolution followed by clicks*! I contacted the supplier again who apologized and promptly refunded my money. The supplier never asked me to return either battery nor did he ask for any kind of proof... Which tells me he was fully aware of the quality issues with these batteries.

In my opinion, if you get two identical items (of anything) that fail right out of the box... Likely, the quality of the entire product line is sadly lacking. It's time to stop wasting time and money and try something different.

From my experience, these are extremely poor quality batteries for Harley Davidson motorcycles. They just don't have the cold cranking amps needed. They MAY work OK for foreign bikes that may require less CCA. But, if you have a Harley, I would strongly suggest spending the extra money for a quality, name brand battery from a local retailer.

Update: 04/04/2013. I let my Harley sit over the winter without buying a new battery for her. While she was in storage, a friend of mine told me about top quality batteries from "ThrottleX Batteries" - Which Amazon does sell. They are ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT manufacturer batteries, made at the same factory that your original battery was made, but offered at a great price ($94.95). I purchased one for my '04 Fatboy and she breathes fire like a new bike!! Feel free to read my review on the "ThrottleX Battery" for Harley Davidson.

As with all my reviews, the above is only my opinion or observation of an item that I own or have tested. Consider that it is possible that I may have either purchased/tested a faulty unit or an exceptionally good one. Your experience may differ from mine, better or worse. Paying attention to the up or down trend from several reviewers will help you make an educated decision on whether or not the item is for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short life!, July 13, 2012
Worked good right out of the box, but after spending the winter on the maintainer, the battery won't hold a charge anymore. Just past the one-year warranty too. Spend the extra money and buy a brand-name battery!

1.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, June 14, 2012
1st the battery arrived with a banged up terminal. after drilling the bolt hole to make it usable the battery failed after only 9 months

1.0 out of 5 stars Adventur Power AGM Battery, May 15, 2012
The battery I received was defective. It is rated at 270 cold cranking amps (CCA) yet would only put out 130 CCA. Would not even turn my engine over. Amazon refunded my money but I missed a bunch of nice riding days. I would not recommend the purchase of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered wrong battery but Amazon made my wrong right!, December 21, 2011
Actually I never was able to even try it. I erred in my battery compartment dimensions and the battery wouldn't fit. Thankfully Amazon has stellar customer service and they issued me a full credit even though the battery was a non-returnable item. I then ordered the battery I should have gotten to begin with--an Odyssey PC-680. The Odyessy is considered the battery of choice in the BMW R1150R community, but money was tight so I thought I would try to save some. As it turned out the Odyssey was only $98 and it shipped free. The other was $62. I gave the new battery I couldn't use to a good friend who needed one for his Harley (money was tight for him as well so this was a real blessing to him). So bottom line---I bought two batteries, paid for one, ended up with the battery I really wanted, was able to bless a friend with a much needed free battery, put two bikes back on the road and just had a real good time thru it all. And all because I wasn't careful enough in my use of a tape measure! And Amazon's CS is top notch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery for the price!, June 4, 2011
Have had this battery in my 1800 Goldwing for over a month. Cranks like a charm everytime. Heavy battery, appears to be quality. Great battery for a great price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, January 4, 2012
Dan Jones (Chickamauga, GA United States) - See all my reviews
Battery would not hold a charge at all. Amazon promptly refunded my money. I should have known that the low price would also mean low quality.