Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.37 shipping
UZI UZI-TACPEN2-BK Aircraft Aluminum Defender Tactical Pen with Glassbreaker, Black
|Price:||$15.02 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$4.93 (25%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Heavy-duty tactical pen
- Made of lightweight aircraft aluminum
- Features an ultra durable carbide tip glassbreaker
- Compatible with standard and Fischer Space Pen refills
- Comes in black
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
UZI combines advanced technical concepts with innovative designs to produce products used and trusted by the Army, Secret Service and Special Forces. Since its launch in the 1950s, UZI has become one of the world's most famous firearm brands and a 20th century icon.
UZI UZI-TACPEN2-BK Defender Aircraft Aluminum Tactical Pen with Glass Breaker
The UZI-TACPEN2-BK Defender Tactical Pen is made of aircraft grade aluminum and features an ultra durable carbide tip glass breaker for emergency situations. If you're trapped or if you need to get someone out of a vehicle, use the end of the pen as a glass breaker to easily escape.
The pen can also be used to write with and is compatible with standard pen refills. Use the pocket clip to keep the tactical pen by your side at all times. Tried and tested, UZI Tactical Pens are both stylish and able to withstand any conditions.
- Made of aircraft grade aluminum
- Features a glass breaker to escape from emergency situations
- Comes in a black finish and includes a pocket clip
- Weighs 1.5 ounces for lightweight carry
Top Customer Reviews
Besides the price, here are some of the specifics I like about this Uzi pen:
* It has the glass breaker tip, which really is strong enough to break glass (I tried it). Be warned: it takes the finish off the tip when you use it on things! I punched it through some thin boards, some glass, and some heavy cardboard. It works, but now it's down to bare metal on the tip. This tip seems far more useful than the one on the other Uzi pen, the one that claims you can use the tip to capture DNA from an assailant. What a ridiculous marketing ploy!
* It has no separate cap to lose. I really like this feature. Most tac pens have a separate or twist-on cap, both of which seem like a huge pain. This pen simply twists open or closed, and it has a nice heavy, smooth twisting motion so it won't easily twist itself open in a pocket.
* It seems to be nicely made, and to use solid, heavy duty materials. For the price, I'm surprised at the quality of this pen.
* It writes well.Read more ›
Now for the negatives: first of all - it is worthless as a pen. Perhaps once I buy a replacement cartridge like most people recommend it will be better, but as it comes from the vendor it does not write very well at all. As a matter of fact unless you do a few circles before every use and press quite hard, it won't write reliably at all. Next, the pen is a "twist" style, but it take a good 5 twists to get the tip exposed or covered. In other words it is a very slow and tedious process - not something I want in a writing instrument. The clip is so strong that you can barely use it and the area right under the clip is heavily textured so anything you do manage to clip it to will be roughed up and damaged quite quickly. The clip also gets in your way if you are trying to hold it in your hand and use it as "a tactical pen." So the clip doesn't add anything to the function of the pen. Lastly despite it's heavy construction it came to me with an flawed finish, there are several shiny silver spots at various point in the pen.
In summary it looks kind of cool, but isn't really worth much as it is.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The pen that I received was worthless. It was either broken or had the wrong spring attached to the ink cartridge and would not retract. Read morePublished 3 days ago by D. Serafano
The pen cannot be retracted. The only way to prevent the pen from writing on everything is to partially dismantle the pen. Ridiculous.Published 7 days ago by G1AC0M0
Purchased this pen and was impressed with the durability but that faded a little when I tried to use it. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Karen
For the money this is a good buy. There seems to be tons of over-priced "Tactical" pens on the market, and generally what you are paying for is the word "tactical". Read morePublished 11 days ago by jt2rivers
This is awesome!!! Used for EMS and for daily paperwork as social workerPublished 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
I got this for my wife to keep in her car just in case she needs it to break a window or for self defense. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Ted
Great pen to have around as well as for protection, but the glass breaker seemed to just fall out somewhere. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Kristen Bowen