5.0 out of 5 stars Great for rural location to extend network where 2.4GHz wouldn't reach., December 12, 2013
TED T (LOS ANGELES, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ubiquiti Loco M900 NanoStation 900MHz 2x2 MIMO Airmax (Electronics)
Got these to extend network from house to workshop/barn across 900+ feet with many trees in the path, 2.4GHz wouldn't work reliably, even tried circular polarized 2.4GHz antennas and power booster. Don't know about use in city - only a few 900MHz channels, so potentially could have a lot of interference on a long link.

This 900MHz works far better than 2.4GHz to penetrate the trees on my "short" run (documentation examples show up to 20Miles in true line-of-sight between towers).

The panels were easy to set up (set one to "access point" and the other to "bridge", program both with SSID and password, be sure to change default password), Minimal documentation included in package (quick start guide), so go to ubiquiti website for example configurations and to see all the other great solutions they have.

These panels have survived testing multiple simulated power failures and a couple real power failures, always recovered and restored the link without any problems, it's just like having a long wire between the two locations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ubiquiti knows what they are doing, March 23, 2013
Andy O (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I have a 900MHz PtMP backbone between my house and outbuildings. This is my third NanoStation Loco M900, and it's working just as well as the other two. The AirMax firmware is top notch, particularly it's built-in features like the ping watchdog and spanning tree support. Most people will never need to expand their network across acres of land, but if you do, look no further than Ubiquiti.

5.0 out of 5 stars This screams, March 13, 2014
This product screams transmission.
A bit pricey - but one gets what one pays for.
Documentation needs some work, but You tube videos made the difference

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! Ubiquiti rocks!, June 17, 2014
Works as intended. I have other Ubiquiti 2.4GHz products, but chose this 900MHz radio pair to shoot through 400' of dense forest. Easy setup, if you're an IT type like me. I'm getting 10-11 Mbps throughput on a 5MHz wide channel. It'll go faster, but in this application, the upstream connection is only 10Mbps, so there was really no reason for me to test further. I configured and bench tested them first, then installed them in their respective locations. It took me about 20 minutes to install both and establish a connection. It's been up for about a month with no issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still pleased after two months, June 9, 2014
I bought a pair of M900 nanostations to access my work network from home, which is about 1/2 mile away. The terrain is thickly wooded, and the elevation drop is rather steep. There are no buildings in between, it is a rural area. My research pointed me to Ubiquiti products for this task, and due to the trees and distance involved the 900mhz band seemed like the best choice (the other band I think is 2.7 ghz or so and needs clear line of sight). I received the units, and found a great tutorial on setup on Youtube. I am not an expert, but I do have basic knowledge of networking. Setup was easy, but don't rely on the included instructions because they are very vague, that's my only complaint. I think Ubiquiti is marketed towards people who don't need their hands held! My nanostations work great and they have been online for a couple of months now, no service interruptions, no problems with weather, etc. Highly recommended for network extension between buildings or beyond (up to 3 km I think?). A+

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, May 20, 2014
I really needed something to work less than 1 mile in distance but through dense tree coverage without precise alignment. This was very easy to configure and align. I had no problem achieving a good enough connection to make full use of the 4MB/s comcast connection on the other end.

Rate and Discover Movies