4.0 out of 5 stars Great convenience
It has 5 gigabit ports that can power most Ubiquiti gear (any that runs on 24 volts). These use passive, non-standard PoE, so be sure you know what you are buying. These get quite hot when several devices are being powered through them; moreso than any standard PoE switch I've used.

I bought two of these to replace a rats nest of separate injectors, cables,...
Published 16 months ago by B. Pearce

1.0 out of 5 stars Locks up / Freezes upon power loss / brownout
We have bought $$$$ thousands of dollars of ubiquity devices, and this item was the 1st "POE Switch" from them. It has been well documented on their own web site (wiki site posting) that this product has several serious design problems.

Published 9 months ago by A. Whitney

4.0 out of 5 stars Great convenience, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Ubiquiti TS-5-POE TOUGHSwitch 5 Port Advanced Power Ethernet Controllers (Personal Computers)

I bought two of these to replace a rats nest of separate injectors, cables, additional switches, and power bars. One of the switches works perfectly, but I've had trouble with the other. On two occasions I have needed to unplug the switches to rearrange the networking gear in my garage. On both occasions, the troublesome switch booted up but was unable to pass any data through the main 5 ports. I could access the web interface through the management port only. The solution on both occasions was to unplug the switch for a few hours and plug it back in when it had cooled off. Once it starts working, it doesn't stop working unless I power cycle it while hot.

Anyway, I've been running them for several months now and have had no performance issues besides that which I mentioned above. All in all, these are nice switches to have if you need to power a lot of Ubiquiti devices in one place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid performing POE switch - Easy setup is a bonus!, December 16, 2013
Excellent product, utilized to replace a amateur setup in a large clients home. Unit is providing ethernet and power to 4 uniQ WAPS said clients home and I have had no issues going on 6 months. Incredibly easy to setup for this "IT professional" (I got the 20 year old certs to prove it -:\ ). Would purchase again if faced with a similar job. 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Switch, February 14, 2014
I like the Ubiquiti gear, solid equipment at a decent price point.
Pros:
Easy to program
Good Web interface
VLAN capability
Port security
ssh access
12v PoE
Cons:
5 ports/ 6 if using management port (Pro has 8)
Not 802.3af compliant, i.e. not ~48v

1.0 out of 5 stars Locks up / Freezes upon power loss / brownout, May 5, 2014

We do detailed testing of products before we accept them as good. This device was up and running with no problems for a day or 2 and then we did a power loss test. RESULTS: device freezes and locks up every time. No way to recover, Must reset and setup all over again. Cannot login to device.

We returned it for a refund and bought a MicroTik RB260GSP that does EXCATLY THE SAME with SAME SPECS AND SAME PERFORMANCE for 1/2 the cost. Works great with Ubiquity POE devices and we are very happy with this MicroTik product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Ubiquiti.... It just WORKS., September 14, 2013
I am a partner in a medium-sized communications company, and we have purchased over $30k in Ubiquiti products this year. We have not had ONE failure, or ONE instance where something didn't perform as expected. This product is no exception. Purchase with confidence. Be aware that this product provides POE for Ubiquiti devices ONLY (24V not 48).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little switch, July 16, 2013
Just pulling it out of the package you can tell the switch is built to last. It feels expensive, but it's Ubiquiti! You get quality for cheap. Have not had any issues with this switch. Love the web interface!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device, but a little pricey, May 6, 2014
Bradley J. Bever (Alpharetta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a good solid device. I was hoping for something a little less expensive. I went with this one because I'm using PoE to run my Ubiquiti access point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Requires a little bit of IT Networking knowledge, but definitely an awesome solution for PoE, June 26, 2014
Perfect switch for the UniFi PoE APs. I picked this up with a three pack of their basic APs, and the church in which I installed them loves the fact that there is no need for outlets where they wished to hang the APs. Just be sure you know how to configure a static IP on your NIC, because you'll have to do that to do the initial setup on this switch. Word to the wise; give this switch room to breath. She felt a little warm stuffed in a tiny area with other equipment sitting on top of it. Mount it off to the side on its own and it should stay plenty cool. Been running a few months now without issue. Definitely recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Runs to hot then dies., March 1, 2014
I got four of these Tough Switches. They run very hot. Two died after about a month. Otherwise they are good, but not entirely standard switches. They do work well with other ubiquity equipment and APs. I posted on the forums but got no help. I have an 8 port version as well but that does not have the heat problem. It is designed much differently on the outside with a different power supply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 26, 2013
Jeremy Cole (Sunnyvale, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
The software/web interface is great (even works nicely from Chrome for Android) and the switch is built well. Only improvement I could suggest would be to integrate the power supply so the external brick could be eliminated. Not a big deal though.