Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 11, 2016
Considering it's an eleven year old SIM, it holds up well in play. I had no problems downloading it and installing it in my documents folder. Many different modifications can be made to the game. I spent hours playing it years ago, when it was first released. I'm a bit rusty with a few skills, yet, that's the fun part, if you enjoy learning new things. The scenery, the harbors, the buildings, the guys fishing by the lighthouses, the mountains, the ocean waves and the weather is all rendered in good detail. Some play with all the bells and whistles of modifications. Others, like myself play the stock version. So, turn off all the lights in the house, fire this bad boy up and sail the Atlantic from 1939 - 1945.
on March 1, 2013
One WW2 sub game strides like a colossus over the PC sim genre, and that is Dynamix's old "Aces of the Deep". Silent Hunter III is basically AotD dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century, and its a worthy successor. Although SHIII stands OK by itself (Amazon's version is patched to 1.4), it is made immeasurably better by installing the GWX Gold mod that you find over at subsim.com. I wouldn't recommend SHIV or SHV even though they're a little prettier; SHIII + GWX Gold is the real goods.
on April 16, 2014
This is a Strategic Simulations game. It is very dated, being an old game. Works ok on my Windows 7 PC. Not spectacular. But there are no really good submarine games out there right now, so it is better than nothing.
on March 23, 2014
It is hard to find a good submarine simulator game and this one does a great job. The graphics are pretty good, it allows you to view the experience from almost every angle. I would say this one is better than SH4 because it is a little less complicated to control.
on May 19, 2015
There are later versions available but I'm happy with this one. I'm not a big gamer. Just wanted a distraction from work and it's perfect for that. I had a sub game back in the 90's and this is so much better! Maybe down the road I'll geat the latest greatest version but for now I'm enjoying this one.
on February 9, 2015
The game is fairly functional in each of the given scenarios. However, because of compatibility issues, I believe, it closes in the middle of a game. Infuriating as this is, it is even more so when trying to exact issue resolutions from amazon to fix the problems. I have followed instructions but still seem to have the problems. Makes for a dissatisfied customer.
on November 13, 2013
i needed to download this game (includes patch 1.4b, w/out cd) to run under win8 as reffered by subsim.com. And runs great.
on September 19, 2014
If you are interested in submarines, this is the easy way to get the feel of operating one with out actually getting depth charged. Good graphics and control system. Takes practice to be good with it though.
on July 11, 2013
Not perfect but close. I would strongly recommend sh4 with I boat missions too. Stay away from sh5 though, it sucks.
on May 4, 2013
There wasn't anything wrong with the game, it just didn't work with my operating system. Amazon understood and refunded my money. Can't ask for more then that. Thanks.