From the Manufacturer
Michel Ancel, celebrated creator of Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil, and the Raving Rabbids, returns to his roots to bring us Rayman Origins: a high-definition, 2D side-scrolling, platform adventure with four-player co-op!
Play Rayman Origins and discover – or rediscover – the magical universe and legendary 2D gameplay that captured the hearts of millions of fans.
When the Glade of Dreams is overrun by “nefurrious” Darktoons, the Fairy Council hastily invokes Rayman to save the day; but the hero of light isn’t quite all there… To help him, Rayman teams up with his best friend, Globox, and two crafty wizards, the Teensies. Together, the world’s most hilarious team of heroes will need to restore peace to the Glade, or watch as their beloved home vanishes like a bad dream...
- Rebirth of a platforming legend: It’s been 15 years since the initial launch of Rayman. Rayman Origins brings back many of the classic characters, revived in their original 2D form, as well as a whole new world of characters and environments.
- Four-player jump in/out co-op gameplay: Play as Rayman in the solo campaign or have up to three friends jump in at any time to play as Globox or as one of two Teensies. Players can leave at any time without affecting the others’ progression.
- Unique approach to 2D art: A rich world with over 100 characters and 12 unique environments created by some of video gaming’s most reputed artists and animators. This creative approach to 2D design will recapture the hearts of platformer fans and introduce a new generation to one of the industry’s best-loved characters in his original 2D form.
- A vast playground: Rayman Origins includes over 60 levels of 2D platforming gameplay, designed for all ages and playing styles. Unlock new abilities and return to previous levels to discover new paths and secrets.
- Variety of gameplay: Rayman Origins is a platformer at its core, but has elements of many game genres. Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies gain unique abilities as they progress through the adventure, including swimming, diving, and the sensational “HairlyCopter.” The game also features many elements of action, adventure, and beat-'em-up gameplay.
- Epic boss fights: A giant pink monster with hundreds of eyes... A possessed, mountainous golem... An evil daisy-cum-carnivorous plant... Rayman Origins will put player’s skills to the test with these and many more challenging boss battles!
- A handful of highly talented artists and engineers: Rayman Origins was developed by the UBIart team in Montpellier and is built on an open-source game engine – the UBIart Framework – designed by Michel Ancel to allow much smaller teams of artists and developers to produce incredible high-quality graphics and gameplay quickly and efficiently. This garage-style approach to game development has led to great strides in creativity and innovation.
|OS:||Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 SP1|
|Processor:||3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or 1.8 GHz AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E4400 or 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon X2 3800+ or better recommended)|
|RAM:||1 GB Windows XP / 1.5 GB Windows Vista, 7 (2 GB recommended)|
|Hard Drive:||2.5 GB|
|Video Card:||128 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant video card or higher|
|Additional Info:||This video game is protected by the digital rights management software SOLIDSHIELD from TAGES S.A.S which limits the amount of concurrent installations of the game. During the installation and/or the first launch, an online connection is required to unlock the game.|