Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ubisoft Rocksmith Real Tone Cable
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$41.99+ $3.99 shipping

on July 30, 2014
Cable works as well as one could expect. The software, however, has a bit of an annoying quirk in that after tuning and the software saying that the guitar is in-tune, I have to de-tune the low-E string to an E-flat. Otherwise the software will register any note played on the low-E string as the wrong fret.

Not sure if this quirk is due to the cable or the software (more likely the software).

The cable is nice in that you can turn up the recording device playthrough in Windows Sound options and use you computer as if it were an amp. Good if you don't want to put any investment into a real amp.
on March 20, 2015
Much stronger than I thought it would be. And if I am correct, I think you can use it to connect to USB on PC as well?

It works and oddly was cheaper to buy the cable and game seperately by $5.

My guess is I will get the PC version of Rocksmith too at some point.

Excellent, Amazing that Ubisoft was able to link a USB to a 1/2" and create Rocksmith.
on December 7, 2014
23 hours. That's how long I've played Rocksmith 2014. I know, because the game keeps track.

That's also how long the cable lasted before it failed.

I've been playing guitar for many years, and yes, cables do eventually fail. But 23 hours? That's it? That is just poor quality.

Before it failed, the cable worked as advertised. I've already purchased a second one, and I'll see how long this one manages to work before it gives up the ghost.
on January 29, 2016
Decent cable. Seems to have trouble with low notes. Have to be super careful because it's so expensive, or I won't be able to use rocksmith. They need to allow alternate forms of connection to the guitar.
on December 22, 2015
Has been working since this past summer. I highly recommend this game for anyone serious in picking up guitar. Although the game does not teach you everything essential to becoming a successful guitarist, you will build a solid foundation and be able to play along with music you enjoy.
on August 11, 2014
+ Little to no interference noise.
+ Has breakaway cable in case you trip on cable, you're less likely to yank down or damage your computer or guitar.
+ Decent cable length.

People have a tendency to sit down while playing video games. And if you guitar's cable jack is on the outer edge of the guitar, you may want to consider getting a HOSA RIGHT-ANGLE ADAPTOR an adapter that angles the cable at 45 degrees so you can sit down without the cable being bent up by whatever you're sitting on.
on December 1, 2013
It took some fiddling to make it work, but gets the job done. Should work in other applications than just Rocksmith as it's presented as an audio input device.

If you have trouble with Rocksmith detecting it, go into your audio input settings for the device and make sure the input volume is turned all the way up.
on January 12, 2014
I had the most miserable time getting Rocksmith 2014 to work.
It had a big discount on Gamefly. YouTube videos showed that it had various fun tools for learning.
It seemed obvious to me that some kind of hardware was needed. I assumed it would ship shortly. But I missed the text saying that it was not included (and would double my needed expenditure).
So I started searching. Google's top results all turned out to be unavailable. After more than half an hour i found this item on Amazon. It took more than a week to arrive. Once this cable was attached the software finally worked. It's a pretty good program, and this cable is more than a hank of wires.
Rocksmith runs on "Steam", but also requires UbiSoft's "Uplay", a balky, cantankerous non-necessity. UbiSoft stinks on ice. But Rocksmith 2014 is pretty good once you get it to work.
on November 16, 2014
I bought this cable just for playing Rocksmith. I bought the steam version, so I had to buy the cable separately. To my surprise this cable can be used with any guitar software for PC. I use it mainly with Guitar Rig, Amplitube, and I use GuitarPro for tabs.
I think this cable can also be used for the console version of the game.

I've had this cable for 2 years now and it is still in perfect condition. Plus, for under $30 you can't go wrong. It is a great cable. Just don't connect it to anything other than a USB port and a guitar.
on August 22, 2014
If you're going to play Rocksmith 2014, you need this cable. It's a simple as that. This is just the cable, not the game.

There are hacks around using the cable, but they don't work very well.

We have two. Both my girlfriend and I play, so we have our own cables.

Windows sees it as another sound device, so you may need to mess with your inputs and volume settings in Windows to make it work perfectly. I disabled my other sound inputs to make it behave. With the Rocksmith cable, I have 4 recording devices (Sound card microphone, sound card line-in, and my Logitech G510 keyboard has a microphone jack.)