Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 1, 2012
So I had low expectations and given I have been a Linux user for 20 years now and run a Ubuntu server farm of a couple hundred physical servers did not expect to learn much. If this is your first install of linux it might answer some questions but no more then a good youtube search. While its not a pos, I do question why you would need something like this with all the resources on the web.

I would guess it took the authors at best a few days to put together, but for $2 what do you expect.
on May 2, 2012
Ubuntu keeps getting better. There are tons of well-written, helpful, free resources to help even the most timid beginner.

This is *definitely* not one of those resouces. It's poorly done--and rehashes many other much better resources and mangles them into incomprehension. The language is strange--I'm not sure, but there's an "English as a second or third language" feel to it. It's difficult to read.

Do youself a favor. Go with almost any Ubuntu manual but this one. Even at $2. Yikes.
on May 20, 2012
Muktware's has done an awesome job doing this book about Ubuntu. Right off it starts with simple things like Downloading, and Burning and Ubuntu CD. Then it goes deep into SUDO commands. It also covers BIOS keys and much more. This book is for both new and old, this is a must have if you use Ubuntu.
on December 24, 2012
Everything I needed to know about ubuntu, and a lot more.
Practical examples and step by step instructions, simple to follow.
on November 18, 2012
I am using this of a Kindle type device. even thou I am a windows person I work on better understanding ubuntu