Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 30, 2014
These are great. They are much better quality than the Bride magazine version they sell at Michael's which tend to have a more watery and transparent consistency. I use these at home on chalkboards around the house and they are great! Attached is a picture of a chalkboard I made for our wedding using these bistro markers (photo courtesy of Becky Davis Photography).
review image
0Comment42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
I painted a wall in my kitchen with chalkboard paint and purchased this "Bistro Chalk Marker" to use instead of chalk which creates more mess than is to my liking. It looked great but then I discovered several days later that it does not wipe clean, even with a wet sponge, and now I will have to repaint the wall. So, if that is how you plan to use it, please be warned!
77 comments55 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
I have used this on my chalkboards and chalkboard label on jars. Works wonderfully and wipes off easily with a damp rag. Love it! First use requires quite bit of shaking to get it going, but after that its easy.
0Comment23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2013
Worked great for what I needed it for! But remember, this DOES NOT wash off of a chalkboard. I was planning on repainting my chalkboard anyways, so it being semi-permanent was a little deal.
on June 1, 2013
This item came in quickly. When I opened it and used it on my chalkboard for a wedding we are having it wrote very smooth and looked really good on the board. But wheni starrted to erase it wouldn't erase good at all. So I got a damp cloth and rryed to clean it but still you could see the imprint of what was written. I still cannot get it off even using windex and some cleaners. I am going to have to paint the board with chalk board paint to get rid of the writting. This would be great if you could get it clean again. These other views I read on how easy it is to wipe away well I like to know how it is easy for them and it wasn't easy for this me.
11 comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2014
In the bistro where I work as a pastry chef, these are the markers we use to update our menu boards, specials boards and dating and labeling containers and canisters. They are semi-permanent so if you are looking for a dry-erase type deal, this is not it. They do leave a residue or shadow of what was written with them on whatever we touch, the more textured the surface, the worse the shadow. (So chalkboard painted surfaces are a big no no unless you plan on painting over the surface when you want to change it.) They do wipe clean off most glass, but definitely leave a residue on plastic, like the acrylic plastic on of our pastry cases is made of. Basically, the smoother the surface, the better. The upside is this thing is PERFECT for stuff like labeling your pantry chalkboard labels since repeat handling, once the marker is dry, will not smudge or wipe off like traditional chalk does.
on August 12, 2013
I've tried to remove this with water, soap and ammonia, but it won't come off. I will need to repaint my wall to remove the chalk!
on July 7, 2011
I got a great deal on this marker...and it was so easy to use. Erased easily and the flow of the "chalk ink" was smooth.
on June 17, 2013
This marker is great however, it can get a little messy so practice on a piece of cardstock before writing. Also, this is permanent and does not wipe clean as traditional chalk does. I had to repaint surfaces after using these markers.
on June 21, 2015
I had high hopes for this marker, based on the reviews, but it was already dried-up and dead when it came in the mail. I tried writing on multiple different surfaces and tried getting the tip of the marker wet to get the ink flowing, but it seemed to not have any ink at all. Disappointing :(