Great tool for artists in many multi-media realms (card making, scrapbooks, polymer clay, and so much more!) to use when high, directed heat is required during particular art projects. Comfortable to use and has a handy wire to keep the heat gun's front end from touching other things post-use. I am extremely pleased with this product.
Published on February 7, 2007 by CLG

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware
Published on November 12, 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best heat guns for embossing and other art projects today!, February 7, 2007
CLG "Carrie Herbel Greenwald" (Flitting here and there...anywhere...everywhere) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, November 12, 2010
This review is from: Uchida Embossing Heat Tool with Stand, 120V, 360W (Kitchen)
Just want to warn everyone about this heating tool. I purchased it earlier this week as my old one died and needed a new one. I used it for about 1 minute and sat it down, nozzle pointing up. I reached for it again in a little bit to use again and it wouldn't turn on, so I waited thinking it had a wait/time out cool off period. So after a bit I tried it again, checking first to see if it was hot, it wasn't so I turned it on. Nothing! Then I got to looking at it. Too my dismay - remember this is a HEAT TOOL - it had melted. Yes Melted. So don't waste your money on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, July 30, 2008
June Campbell "June" (North Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
I have used this item for over a year and it is still going strong. It works as it should. It's easy to handle and the wire stand is highly useful. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, Fast and Fun!, September 11, 2009
I've wanted one of these babies for over a year to use with my rubber stamp collection but they were so overpriced at the two local craft stores ($35 and up and quite cheap-looking) that I never purchased one. My sweet sister gave me an Amazon gift card for my birthday this year, and I surfed around until I found this Uchida 2500 Embossing Heat Tool and I ordered it.

I have to say it's EVERYTHING I wanted and then some. It's lightweight, small, quiet and does exactly what a heat gun is supposed to do---and fast! I use it with the clear Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads (also an excellent product) and the lusciously colored a la mode brand embossing powders (the pink is HOT!) and have made some awesome dragonfies on my collages and altered books. If you're looking to add that little extra umph! to your scrapbooks, collages or altered art, then I highly recommend that you try heat embossing and this tool in particular. It's fast and easy and produces a totally classy look.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a bargain!, January 1, 2009
This was a great product, at half the price I would have paid for it locally. It worked very well and very quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased 2 & neither worked, October 2, 2011
Most times people do not read instructions when operating a new product. However, I did and thought all of the smoke was normal, it was working just like it said it would in the instructions...up until it just shut off. The device shorted out and doesn't produce heat or air. Now, that is not normal. That is called a defective product. Maybe just the one? It could have been if I didn't go back to return it to get another and have the exact same thing happen twice! Never even got to finish my project. Extremely disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, love it!, May 29, 2011
I purchased this embossing tool to teach my self how to emboss.

First mistake I made was to run the tool across my hand to feel it warming up, OMG, did I feel stupid after that. These tools are so hot, I was so shocked, but I learned a lesson. Please keep this away from children, and pets. This is nothing like a blow drier.

This is the best tool for embossing. It works great, warms up very fast and cools down in the right amount of time for you to be ready to use it. I always give this tool time to cool between projects. Like with any other heating tool, you have to use common sense and not expect it to work like an over heated horse, or else the horse gets over heated, exhausted and dies.

My best friend and I craft together. She recommended this tool, and has had hers longer than I have.
I have had this tool for 8 months and it still works like the day I bought it. Love it.

If you cook a batch of cup cakes and you burn one, are you not going to eat the others? If you get a bad product, have it replaced, chances are, this was just a bad one out of the batch. If you expect perfection all the time, you will be disappointed.

I highly recommend this tool.

Thank you for taking the time to read my review.

4.0 out of 5 stars People need to read instructions, April 1, 2011
Marla Nakamrua (Alameda, CA United States) - See all my reviews
For those of you who complained of instant smoke and smell comming from a new machine after turning on, need to read your instructions. ITS NORMAL!!!! its the excess oil etc from packaging and manufacturing burning off. Mine didn't on a test run of 20 seconds, but after my second turn on of 45 seconds it started to smoke but it stopped about 20 seconds later.

As the instructions say it might take about a minute for the oil to burn off. If your machine continues to smoke for like 5 minutes i'd worry, but otherwise chill out

1.0 out of 5 stars Started smoking!, November 1, 2010
When I turned it on, it made a grating noise, then started smoking. Definitely not impressed, even with this damaged product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly a smoking gun, March 22, 2011
Ms. Richardson (WOONSOCKET, RI, US) - See all my reviews
Seriously, this product has to be the worst quality tool I've ever purchased... in fact, I bought two. I teach kids how to make jewelry and I wanted to teach them how to use UTEE on their shrinky dink charms. During my demo, the first gun started smoking and stopped working. I'd barely used it for a minute. I switched to the second tool, and the same thing happened! These were both brand-new out of the box and being used for the first time. Talk about an embarrassing teacher demo! And I know how to use a heat gun - I have a Nicole tool for personal use that I've had for years. The only reason I bought this brand was because it was the only one available in the store. Save your money and buy a better tool! I contacted the company and will update here with their response.

Uchida Embossing Heat Tool with Stand, 120V, 360W