4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, shows what the uDraw tablet can do in gameplay
Published on November 25, 2010 by Surgery100

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordered in error - overlooked the hardware requirements
Originally ordered this for my grandson, but I overlooked the hardware requirements. I am sure it is a great items, but I goofed!
Published 7 months ago by Steve

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, shows what the uDraw tablet can do in gameplay, November 25, 2010
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
9This game is a very interesting concept that highlights what the uDraw tablet can do in gameplay. The concept is fairly simple, the characters are simply blank slates that you color and give personality to and you have to guide them through a multitude of 2D levels. There are four different games each with many levels and ach game has a different way of maneuvering the characters; in one, you draw trampolines and rubber bands to sling your "Dood", in another your "Dood" has become a balloon and you use a fan to blow him in the direction that you want while in another your character is a ball that you roll through by tilting the tablet and using it as an accelerometer.

Creativity is a must to play this game, as you get to design not only your character, but also what the hazards, background objects and obstacles look like.

I deducted a star from the overall gameplay because the concept is so new that the learning curve at times feels steep. Compared to other uDraw tablet games, this one is more difficult, in part because your hands are working in one area (the tablet) while your eyes are focused on the TV. Again, this is a matter of creativity and thinking outside the box. The plus is that the game is so addictive that even in the areas where you get stuck, you tend to persevere to break through.

5.0 out of 5 stars UDraw Must Have...Customize your world, December 8, 2010
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
Dood's Big Adventure is the Wii Sports of the Udraw tablet. We have really enjoyed how it blends both creativity with gameplay. It has something for all ages.

The game has three basic modes:

CREATE:
You can color, stamp and customize the dood - drawing right on the character like coloring a toy. The same can be done on the enemies, the world and the background. The world looks like your own game when you are done. There is also a place to draw on canvases, play connect the dots and coloring books. The really cool thing is that the game will use pieces of your coloring book in the PLAY section of the game. It is neat to see the world when you are done coloring everything.

PLAY:
There are 4 game modes each with 15 challenges
-Roly Poly: The Dood is put in a hamster ball and you roll him around the world by tilting the tablet. (the younger kids love this one)
-Bubble Trouble: The Dood is inside a bubble and you sketch the tablet to push the bubble around trying not to pop him by hitting the sides (my favorite)
-Pen Panic: Use the pen to guide the Dood around and flock ink blots at the baddies (think platform game - definitely the most challenging)
-Fan Frenzy: The Dood fills up with and turns into a balloon. The tip of the pen turns into a fan and you move it around to whoosh the Dood balloon to the finish. (funny to watch your colored dood inflate into a balloon - I colored him like Superman and it really looked like he let himself go...lol)

SHOW:
This mode is basically a slide show. It takes all your art and presents it in a museum style gallery with the Dood and friends doing silly stuff while viewing it.

Its great because it has drawing and gameplay - fun for all the kids (and for me too!)

HIGHLY RECCOMEND - a must have if you purchased the Udraw Tablet!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Got Around to Playing It..., February 10, 2011
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
I got this game as a gift for my wife, and admittedly, myself for Christmas.

We've been pretty busy since then, but I finally got around to giving it a go on my days off this week.

I was pretty impressed. The level of creativity that the game affords to the player is pretty high, which makes the game feel very much like "your own." I quickly had characters designed the way that I wanted them, the obstacles, and other items in the environment.

The game controls surprisingly well considering it's using the uDraw Tablet. I fully expected it to be more of a novelty and not really work very well, but it worked extremely well right off the bat. It did take a little bit of time to get the nuances of using the tablet as a game controller down, but once you are past the learning part of it, you'll have no trouble at all controlling the game in any of the modes.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game and will continue to do so. For the record, I'm what you would consider a "core gamer," as well...meaning that I usually have something in an HD gaming machine where I'm killing other players...so keep that in mind...if a person that normally enjoys "Halo," "Gears of War," and "Uncharted" can enjoy this game, there's a good chance you can too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is great !!, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
This game is alot of fun!! There is 5 or 4 different games and many levels. You use the board differently in each game some are a little more challenging. The bubble game is my Favorite and its alot of fun to compete with my husband on who got the better score. If you think your just gunna beat the game in two seconds your wrong its actually very difficult to get 3 stars since its based on how fast you go. So whether your a not so advance video game player or a extremely advanced player i recommend this game.

4.0 out of 5 stars lip biting fun for family!, December 29, 2010
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
this game is a little different than the regular games, it's hard, but fun!! I think it was harder for the Adults than the kids! We have family nights now and make sure to play something all together as a family, this one was a lip biter, but fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to do the Dood!, January 13, 2011
Edward Balen (Bradenton, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
I first bought the uDraw tablet with the uDraw Studio art software. I was bowled over with how creative I can be with that combo.

Today, I used the coupon included with the bundle to buy this video game at Walmart. I've never played video games like this one before. The Roly-Poly game reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog games from Sega.

In my opinion, this is the only video game that really gives you creativity and video game fun together. It seriously introduces you to the gaming potential of the uDraw tablet.

If you have the uDraw tablet like I do, and want to take it to the next level, it's time to do the Dood!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, March 30, 2011
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
I must admit at the time of purchase I thought I would be the only playing this game but my children love it too. My 3 year old loves it the best. Even though its a bit difficult at first he quickly caught on (to my surprise). Very little holds his attention. I like it because its challenging, and that is right up my alley.
This game starts off slow but it picks up. Its about being able to multi-task.
I was surprised to have liked this game as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, April 16, 2011
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
Pretty cool, 11 year old loves udraw and this was a game to add to our collection. Little difficult, but takes practice. Keeps you trying over and over, so far not bored with it. Some of the screens are very dark, when you create your character make it so that it glows in the dark! Worth Buying!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Drawing and Coloring!, August 23, 2011
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
"Doods Big Adventure" is a game that really utilizes what the uDraw can do. It features a whole bunch of coloring pages and characters that you can design and create. You can customize your own Dood, balloon animals, bad guys and more! Want to customize even more? Purchase upgraded items and accessories through playing minigames. There are four games to play with different levels you have to beat to earn coins.

* Roly Poly: You tilt the uDraw tablet to move Dood around as he's in a hamster ball! I really liked this one as well as my 3 and 4 year old boys (it was easy for them!) You also have to jump around in the ball!
* Bubble Trouble: Move a bubble Dood around without popping him!
* Pen Panic: Use a pen to flick bad guys.
* Fan Frenzy: Blow bubble Dood around.

After you are done drawing and creating all the fun pages., you can then view them as a Slide Show via museum art style. Its neat to watch and share your designs with everyone! Out of all the uDraw games I think this one has the most drawing and coloring involved in it. This is the game I put on when my 3 year old wants to color and decorate, but whats great is that the minigames are perfect for my husband and I. So really this game is for all ages and really utilizes the uDraw capabilities of drawing and moving the board.

2.0 out of 5 stars game for wii, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure (Video Game)
I bought this for my grand daughter. she had trouble with the game and so did her father. it was not a fun game at all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure
Udraw: Dood's Big Adventure by THQ (Nintendo Wii)
$14.99 $4.70