5.0 out of 5 stars Torn b/w UGGs and EMUs? Read me!
I spent several days researching the right pair of boots. I narrowed it down to UGGs which had very positive reviews but were pricey, and EMUs which seemed to be basically the same product for half the price. Sounds too good to be true? It is.

Here is what I found:
- UGGs are made of sheepskin inside and out, and cost $130-$160 for
the most popular...
Published on December 16, 2008 by P. Kapur

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe they are authentic
I purchased these boots around Christmas. I am uneasy about ordering items not from the official site especially UGGS because of the fake ones being passed around. I feel the UGGS I received from this retailer were fake. The tage was not the same as the official UGGS because I compared them. The boot itself quality was terrible they did not fit and anyone knows UGGS...
Published on January 10, 2011 by Jinksy

‹ Previous | 1 2 397 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, January 14, 2009
This review is from: Ugg Kids' Classic Short Boot (Apparel)
Being a female college student, I felt a necessity to own a pair or two of Uggs. Everybody wears them, but after my first winter in Michigan, I don't really understand why. Although they are super warm, they aren't waterproof (sucks for slushy days and wet snow), they don't have good traction (difficult to walk on snow and ice), and being made of sheepshin, they're difficult to clean. The salt put on the roads here damages them. I own the Ugg cleaning/care kit, and even that isn't enough to keep my Uggs looking good.

I wouldn't recommend these for anyone who lives in a snowy place. Invest in some real snowboots.

2.0 out of 5 stars Authenticity is Questionable, December 10, 2009
When I got these for my sister-in-law, she noticed they had 'Made in China' stamped on them. Although many vendors indicate the Uggs are mad in China because Ugg Australia no longer holds the rights to 'Ugg'. Ugg does control who is authorized and licensed to sell the product. Unfortunately, Amazon and Colorado Outdoor Company (Amazon's vendor) do not have the authorization to sell Ugg products online, thus exploiting the opportunity to pass on counterfeit products.

Although the pair purchased are of a nice quality - its' authenticity is questionable.

5.0 out of 5 stars UGG Women's Classic Tall Boots, May 17, 2008
These are great boots! I spent 3 months trying to decide whether or not to purchase them, and I am sure glad I finally made the investment. I normally wear between a 9 and a 9.5 shoe, but I ordered the 8 because I read they will stretch and mold to your feet. They fit perfectly! MAKE SURE to order the cleaner, I didn't and mine got dirty the first day so it was a little harder to clean because of that.

Great shipper too. I had my shoes in a matter of a couple of days!

Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch for FAKES!, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Ugg Kids' Classic Short Boot (Apparel)
I ordered three pairs of Ugg's from Amazon this winter. Two pairs that I received were authentic and one pair were fake. The fake Ugg's had the holographic tag, came in a box with a holographic sticker, and with packing and materials identical to the authentic Ugg's -- the only way I was able to tell the fakes were that they absolutely REEKED. The boot itself smelled fine, like sheepskin, but the soles smelled VERY strongly of new plastic or chemicals. I could smell it before I'd even pulled them out of the box. Real Ugg's do not have this smell. Go to any fine department store and smell for yourself. If you receive Ugg's and the soles smell strongly of paint/chemicals/plastic... return them, they are not authentic. If you are familiar with those foam rubber jigsaw puzzle pads they make for babies... it's that kind of smell.
At the time I purchased the boots, Amazon was not an authorized seller of Uggs (apparently they now are), however a number of the marketplace sellers on the site are. If you visit Ugg's website, you can find a list of authorized sellers. Unfortunately, as I discovered, several sellers on Amazon are using names very similar to authorized vendors but are not actually that vendor. So be careful. Some of these folks selling the fakes are still charging $180 for the classic tall. You will not find authentic Ugg's on sale, reduced, or anything like that at any authorized site. If you want real Ugg's be prepared to pay full price for them or end up with fakes.

The AUTHENTIC Ugg's I received were both from Shoe Central out of Ashland, Oregon -- they ARE an authorized dealer. I love my Ugg's. I waterproofed them and that worked well for walking in heavy snow. My toes were toasty warm. Very comfortable. I'm very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, November 9, 2011
Amazingly fast shipping!!!!!! I love these boots. They fit perfectly. I am usually a women's size 6-7, and I bought a big kids size 5. They are awesome. I would definitely recommend this seller, and I will definitely buy from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars i wish i didnt wait so long to buy these :), November 14, 2007
amandaiea "Amanda" (cape cod massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ugg Kids' Classic Short Boot (Apparel)
OMG these are the best boots i have ever bought!! they are so warm and comfortable .. i cant explain in words how fantastic they are!! I only wish that i jumped on the "ugg"ly boot bandwagon last year!! I got the Chocolate, mainly because i know that the sand can stain easier and i personally prefer darker shoes. I am so happy with my purchase i think i might be getting some family members a pair for the holiday! i do agree to order one size smaller, i was hesitant, because i have large feet (10) but the 9 fits like a glove.
you will not regret this purchase!!

2.0 out of 5 stars A little concerned about them being real Uggs because...., January 31, 2012
When I opened the box the tissue paper was crumbled and support cardboard in the boots were torn. My concern was that I bought a pair of counterfiet Uggs but after some research I decided to keep them and I do believe they are real. I think perhaps I got a return from someone else but may think twice before ordering again from this Seller. For $200.00 I expect a fresh product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, April 6, 2013
I'm not sure how they get away with it because it seems like mixed reviews. There are some people that absolutely love it and others say what I'm saying 'It's fake'. I don't mind paying a little more but I don't like being scammed.

1.0 out of 5 stars IRREGULAR UGGS, February 2, 2010
I had to return these boots (at my expense!) because they were irregular; one boot was good size and quality but the other one was damaged and it did not fit right, it was actually very loose . It felt almost like one shoe was regular fit and the other one was wide fit.. don't know why did that happened but you could tell something was wrong with the one boot just by looking at it; so I don't understand why the seller ship it to me....
Ĺny way I got my money back , but I had to follow up with the return; even called the seller to let them know that the boots had been delivered at their store; and of course the shipping for the return was on me!!!
So I paid bit over $10.00 just to look at some damaged boots!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, January 13, 2009
I was very disappointed with the quality of these. These were a christmas present for my daughter and only two weeks into wearing them, the sole has ripped away from the boot. I am skeptical as to whether or not these are genuine Ugg product. I am returning them to the vendor in hopes it was just a fluke.

‹ Previous | 1 2 397 | Next ›