5.0 out of 5 stars Fulghum rules
Published on May 8, 2000 by Ester

3.0 out of 5 stars We should all look at life this way!!!
I've recently read Fulghum's "All I need to know...", "It was on fire..." and "Uh-Oh...". Admittedly the go down hill from the first one, they are a great set of books, first, second, and third, on the way we "should" look at life, instead of taking ourselves and unimportant things in life so seriously. Much of Fulghum's...
Published on October 22, 1998

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fulghum rules, May 8, 2000
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Mass Market Paperback)
After a great many funny and hearthwarming books, Fulghum strikes back again with Uh-Oh. Fulghum style again. It's simple: if you hate this style, you hate this book. If you love it -like I do- you'll love this book. Memories and musings of an every-day-life-philosopher who does not take things for granted. Maybe you never thought about fireflies or the true meaning of cinderella fairytales, but it's a great journey to travel with one who does. It takes you to roads you've never been before. I'd say: buy it, and have a good trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars a very worthwhile read, April 23, 2004
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Mass Market Paperback)
First, let me say that I read this book in one day, which is a feat in itself with my short attention span. And when I was finished, I honestly felt sad that it was over. Second, I'm not one to take the time to review books online, but this is one that is worthy of all the praise I can give it. This book is fantastic. It's the best book I've read in a long while. One moment, Fulghum is making you ponder some very deep subjects, and the next, he's got you laughing those really good, healthy belly laughs that are so few and far between. His insight on so many ordinary subjects is astounding. You will find yourself relating to some of the stories and touched or delighted by the others. My mother encouraged me to read this, and I've encouraged everyone I know to read it. Get this book. It's really worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., July 27, 2000
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Mass Market Paperback)
I haven't read any Fulghum since high school (All I Really Need to Know . . .), but saw this in the bookstore, and thought it would be a fun read.
It was. But it was also a great read. At different points, Fulghum had me laughing out loud and crying. I loved every word.
And if you do read this book (which I highly recommend--it'll be the best 5 hours of your life), please do take his advice, and hiccup in a very public place--it's hysterical!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted and Fun, December 12, 2002
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Mass Market Paperback)
Though not nearly as terrific as his KINDERGARTEN book, Uh-Oh is a great read. Fullugham has some unique perspectives. This is a terrific book that can be savored a few pages at a time. The included essays are often funny, sometimes touching, and always enjoyable. The way the authour looks at the commonplace, and then bestows it with a sense of wonder has brought me back to Mr. Fullgham's books on a number of occassions. Read one and you'll be hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, December 6, 1999
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Paperback)
This book is great simply because it fully illustrates many quirks of the human spirit. All of the little stories are quite enlightening, and the metaphoric ideas Mr. Fulghum introduces are intrigueing in the extreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right On Robert!, July 24, 2005
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Mass Market Paperback)
Much like the late Charles Kuralt, RF shows us what is right in America by going deep into the heartland, talking about everyday things and making them seem extraordinary. Fulghum, a Unitarian minister, reasons that most people are good at heart and his writings reflect his gentle ways and his comprehensive love of humanity. I could hear him speak for hours and hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Quick, Makes-You-Smile Read, February 12, 2010
Big D (Auburn, AL. USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Mass Market Paperback)
Good, easy, captivating and heart-warming observations on the state and nature of our lives and our world with emphasis on strong traditional moral values. A feel good, makes-you-smile and sometimes provocative read, and there's nothing wrong with any of that!! Pretty good, actually. It makes us appreciate and think about the world around us in a new way, perhaps.

5.0 out of 5 stars I fell asleep with this book clutched in my arms, February 1, 2003
JuJuBee (Somewhere, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Mass Market Paperback)
Amazing...I didn't want it to end. It opened a new fronteer of book reading in my life. It changed me. This man, Fulghum, packs so much emotion into his words. How I wish I could live like him, or at least write like him. Definintely inspritional and touching and funny. I can't say it enough! Read it! Nothing out there compares to Fulghum's sensitivity about everything in life. I don't know how to say it any other way. If I had even half as much truth and insight as this author has, I would be happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars What you really wanted to know but did not know you wanted to know!, December 13, 2012
Larry Anderson (SUN CITY WEST, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
I rated this book just under five stars because I have not read it completely since I received a week or so ago along with several other of his books. However I read them many years ago and Robert Fulghum cannot write a book that could rate less than four stars and I probably should have rated him at five stars! His books saved me by helping me to understand many years ago, when I was going through a tough time, that life is to be experienced and not to be judged by the bias we develop as we age. His down to earth commentary on what is only obvious to him is uplifting and the subtle humor makes life a great experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent short read, March 4, 2002
This review is from: Uh-Oh (Mass Market Paperback)
Robert Fulghum has a way of coming across quite simple, but his perceptions are actually quite intricate. You'll more than likely find some of your own ponderings in his thoughts. And then again, some of his ponderings must be charmingly and uniquely his.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Uh-Oh
Uh-Oh by Robert Fulghum (Mass Market Paperback - August 4, 1993)
$7.99