Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ukala Women's Sydney Low Boot
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 22, 2011
Wow, I usually don't write reviews but I had to for those boots, I almost didn't buy them because of the poor reviews it had but I went with my gut and ordered them!
I am very pleased with my purchase! The Ukala boots looks great, specially if you have wide feet like me! They were not too big or too small, they fit true to size!
I spent a week trying to find great affordable boots and purchase a pair of Bearpaw and a pair of Ukala, I should had just gotten 2 ukala boots, they are cheaper and the same quality!
I purchase the Chestnut color and it's a little lighter than the picture which is great, I was afraid would be too dark!
It's very comfortable and I plan on getting other colors!!
I only didn't give 5 starts because they aren't as soft as Uggs inside, but for the price you can't complain!!
I'm sure it will keep my feet warm all winter long!
If you are worried about the quality, don't, it's very well made!
on November 17, 2011
always worn EMU boots but since they discontinued the bronte i hesitated trying the ukala....just didn't look like the quality of the bronte. i was right. the ukala syndey doesn't have the arch support that the bronte had. ukala sydney sole is horrible for outside, no traction, also slippery even inside. suede isn't as supple as the bronte. inside foot bed less quality. gave them 3 stars for the nice charcoal color and they do keep feet warm. overall quite disappointed. time to try uggs.

UPDATE DEC 21 2011.....after wearing around for awhile i have decided they were okay for the money spent and would purchase again to knock around indoors. i spend much time at my yurt in northern rockies and they do keep the feet warm....and surprisingly, worked great with snowshoes in a trek to my local market. so today i am purchasing another pair. uggs top in quality but expensive, yesterday $160.00 for uggs, today $37.00 for ukala. ukalas run large, uggs size 10.....ukalas size 9. PEACEFUL HOLIDAY TO ALL.
on March 9, 2014
I wanted a nice pair of warm house shoes and UGGS were just too pricey. In comes the UKALA. They are durable, soft and warm. I do wear them with socks, cause if I wear them on bear feet, they do tend to sweat more, and I dont find the wool to wick away the moisture too good. With thin socks- no problem. The wool does smell "sheepy" so I put in them lavender sachets every night. It has helped a lot to keep them fresh and smelling nice. I love that the back part of the heel is firm and wont warp over time.
on December 1, 2013
Well, I ordered my first pair of the Ukala Women's Sydney Boots in the winter of 2011 because they were part of a lightning deal for like $18. I ordered them in a size 6 and found that they were pretty big; my feet were sliding all over the place. However, I didn't complain because I got them for just $18 and all I had to do was put some thick socks on and they would fit a bit better-still a tad loose. The main problem I had with them was that they are absolutely terrible on wet floor! If it is raining, these are not the shoes to wear, sadly. The sole of the shoe isn't made for wet surfaces. If you do wear them on wet floor, you are most likely going to slip. Also, I found that if you step in a puddle, you are going to have wet, cold feet :(

However, because they wear pretty fast if worn often and are so much cheaper (as they should be!) than other brands, I bought these again about a year later (2012). I ordered them in a size 5 the second time and they fit much better! The only problem is that I still can't wear them when it rains. I do like these boots and I wear them often, I just with that they would change the sole of the shoe!!! Then they would be 5 star worth. Right now, they are about a 2.5 star shoe. :-/
on January 20, 2013
Last year, i purchased the Bearpaw Emma for walking around the house and getting the mail, etc... They fell apart after one winter so I decided to try these Ukala's instead. The boots look nice and have a nice soft interior. I would say that in that area they are better than Bearpaw.

The only problem I really have with these boots are the very hard soles. It makes them uncomfortable and hard to walk in. I thought that they would soften the way flip-flops would (they look like the same material as cheap, hard flip-flops) and so far they have a little bit, but not much. I've been wearing them around the house for about 2 weeks. For the price, i can't complain much - you get what you pay for! But If it weren't for the hard soles, i'd probably give it a 4 1/2.
on November 15, 2014
I bought these to wear as slippers around the house. I have foot issues, and my podiatrist said I shouldn't walk around my house barefoot or in socks. He recommended wearing Crocs at home, which I've done, but they weren't keeping my feet warm enough now that the temperature has dropped to the 20's at night. Traditional slippers don't have enough of a sole to protect my feet from hurting on my hardwood floors. These fit the bill nicely. They are super warm - I don't want to take them off! Thanks to the wool lining, they are toasty without being sweaty or over-hot. The sole is basically a foam flip-flop with a thin sheet of plastic on the bottom. Yes, a little slippery around the house, but not a problem. At 44 dollars they were a little pricey for slippers, but my feet are happy and that is so worth it. These are fine to run out and grab the mail, or *maybe* a quick run to the grocery store on the corner, but they don't seem to be designed for a great deal of outdoor use. At least not if you want to take care of your feet! But I wouldn't purchase 44 dollar boots for outdoor use to begin with. You do get what you pay for. And I am very happy with these for wearing constantly around the house. I also appreciated that these were wool lined and not shearling or sheepskin (google those terms if you don't know what they mean). I hope these last a few years, but I'm not sure how well they will hold up.
on March 15, 2015
These boots are great to wear as slippers around the house for short periods in cold climates, however I wouldn't recommend wearing them all day long (even if you are too young to experience foot problems) because they tend to cause plantar fasciitis and have no arch support. I love them because they are an easy choice when hanging about the house or running errands, but the reality is that they are really horrible for your feet, knees and back. As far as being a choice between these and Uggs (at four times the price) these are a good option.
on December 20, 2012
I bought this boots in size 5 and it fits great, my regular size in shoes is 6 or 6 1/2 depends on if I want to wear thick socks or not. So order 1 size down when you are buying these boots because they run big. The boots is ok for the price, you get what you pay for and it does keep my feet warm. I would only wear these to go to the grocery store or to run errands. The bottom of the boots could of have a little more grip on it and the inside could of been a little warmer. I would not wear these with out socks, but warm enough with socks. These boot are one season boot,I can only seeing them last only for the winter month. The top half of this boots is well made, but the sole is not good. The sole is like a thick piece of rubber foam, the same material that is used for flipflops and the boots is not flexiable when you walk. You can't wear these in the snow or when it is wet outside or you might slip and fall. If you looking for something that will last more then one season, I suggest you will buy uggs. I cant complain to much because the price is right and they are worth the price. I got the navy blue color because it looks good and also you would be able to see a lot of dirt on it.

I will recommend these boots for teenagers or college students, who is wearing these boots as fashion statement.
on March 4, 2014
I read the reviews and decided to disregard the ones about the soles being slippery. Yeah. Well, let's just say I didn't listen. Living in Northern Minnesota, where winter can last until June, you would think you could find a pair of boots in FEBRUARY. Nope. Flip flops and sandals...let's not even talk about finding mittens or gloves. Really, store owners...really?

So, despite them taking longer than Prime shipping normally does because...duh...Mother Nature is in one of her bipolar mood swings and can't make up her mind if she wants us to be cold, snowy or just plain miserable with both...I was happy when they arrived. My current boots were bought from Target 7 years ago for 21.99. Real leather, poly fur but dang, they lasted forever!

So, I rip open the package, pull them on...stand up from my office chair and step off the carpet to the laminate floor. Nearly biffed it! If it weren't for my fast but awkward bicycling of my arms, I would have landed face down with a few teeth knocked out. I suppose then I could finally fit in with the Walmart crowd.

These would be good to ice skate in. Really. The other downside is the quality of the "wool" it was coming out in clumps. The cowhide was pretty good, it had a nice chocolate color. The size was a bit snug. I guess I just expected more from the EMU brand even though this was a lesser brand then the flagship EMU.

So, these boots can kill, unless you have lightning fast reflexes and the innate ability to want my real teeth.
on November 20, 2013
I do wear these mostly inside because I am not crazy about the style (Uggs either) compared to my other boots, but I have walked several miles outside as well with no slipping or major signs of wear. I believe the outsoles are Vibram, same as my trail runners, so they should be able to handle city and mall walking. The lambs wool lining is extremely warm for working inside in my cold office; I have actually been able to turn the thermostat down a few degrees. I rated them "fit as expected" but if you are between sizes, order down. But the difference is not enough to really rate them "runs large".

See 1 answered question