1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but flawed and research questionable, July 21, 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Baby Girl Names Book (Kindle Edition)
Bought this book based on price and knowing I am looking for a girl's name (expecting a girl). I enjoy reading this on kindle and the names with short description is helpful. I am sick of staring at the internet lists. So far my qualms with this book include that it is missing a few of my top names so far. They are not common names, but they are not "weird" names either, so they should be in this book. I got mad when I read some misinformation in this book, although I shouldn't have gotten as mad as I did. I have some huge Cher fan's in my family and this Author named Cher's SON Elijah Blue Allman, yes her son that was born male, As a FEMALE, saying Cher named her daughter that--trying to make the name look eccentric. It would not take much research to realize Elijah Blue is a male, born male. I would not be surprised if some name origins were also erroneous.
I really dislike how during the middle of the book the formatting changes so instead of reader friendly single file lists of names, names are clumped together by letter in paragraph-like name clots. This, personally, renders these names almost not legible and makes the names seem definitely less important.

The Ultimate Baby Girl Names Book