Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 19, 2004
As with all Greatest Hits collections, see which album has all the songs you want. For me, the Ultimate Collection had the most bang for the buck.
There are 2 other notable 'Greatest Hits' collections of Osborne's work: the "Love Songs" collection and the "Millenium Collection". The problem with the "Love Songs" collection is that not all of Jeffrey Osborne's work is ballads. He did do some mid and uptempo work as well that shouldn't be overlooked (Stay With Me Tonight, Plane Love, She's On the Left). As for the "Millenium Collection", that CD has far fewer tracks than this one: the "Ultimate Collection" is much better.
Osborne's voice is rich, and he was blessed with some great producers. I can't say enough about "You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)" and a great ballad with Joyce Kennedy, "The Last Time I Made Love".
on December 29, 1999
Mr. Osborne is the best of all times. If you are a fan of him, this is a must cd. The only thing the cd lack is not enough songs. Because A&M doesn't want to print Don't Stop, Emotional, and One Love-One Dream albums, also Arista's Only Human album, people will miss out on more great songs this man has to offer. But it is still a great cd. Maybe they will come out with a volume 2, maybe. I sure hope they do.
on September 12, 2000
Oh, Jeffrey, the memories! The first time I heard the smooth sounds of Jeffrey Osborne, I was attending a concert in 1983 (yikes!). I was instantly hooked. I must admit I have a penchant for the throaty, mellow tones of some of the older R&B artists. Jeffrey Osborne's sound is reminiscent of a finely aged bourbon -- soothing, sensual, and incredibly smooth. His ballads are just that - aching love songs, not an artist attempting to hold the note until you start looking for a truss. But the one song in this collection that made me an instant Osborne fan is "Stay With Me Tonight". A little faster paced than some of his larger hits, but one that will reach down in the pit of your stomach and make you feel...well..let's put it this way. Men, are you looking for an excellent make-out cd? Turn this track on and she'll be putty! This is one artist that deserves a very loud "Bravo!" Play it again, Jeffrey...
on January 1, 2015
Wow! Jeffrey Osborne! What can I say? He's fabulous! One of the finest, ballad, R&B-Pop singers in my book! Such, breath-taking, heartfelt. Beautiful music & songs! When he sings, it puts at my heartstrings!! My inner soul! A lovely, soulful and golden voice!
Such, sweet memories for me. When I was a teenager. I still remember turning on the radio. And first hearing " On The Wings Of Love." I stopped in my tracks. I couldn't move. I was so starry eyed! And I thought to myself. Ooh! My God! This song is soooo beautiful! It took me to cloud nine! Till this day, I still love it, the same way. It's my favorite song, from Jeffrey Osborne ever! A song about two people, loving each other unconditional. This song a top winner! So beautiful, a passionate ballad! Jeffrey's lovely voice, will grab you immediately!! Brilliant lyrics! My next favorite song is " Stay With Me Tonight" A song about being, crazy in love. This song is magic! With an irresistible chorus and perfect dance beat! That will have you on toes! Dancing and popping, your fingers to it! Perfect dance/ R&B pop number. That doesn't miss a beat! I love this song! My next favorite track is " Don't Stop" nice song talking about. Don't stop loving me. This is another upbeat, good groove. R&B dance tune. Catchy chorus too. " Love Ballad" & " Only Human" are beautiful soulful ballads. That are sure to please you. This collection is the best, of Jeffery Osborne music ever! Your'll want to listen to it. From start to finish. It's a genius collection. Of Jeffery Osborne's outstanding talent! Your won't be disappointed, buying this CD. Jeffery Osborne's talent, and music shines big!!
on April 28, 2000
At long last, a comprehensive collection of one of the finest male R&B singers around, Jeffrey Osborne! Taking the best cuts from his five solo albums on A&M, as well as his duets with Dionne Warwick(Love Power), and Joyce Kennedy(The Last Time I Made Love), and the title track of his one album for Arista(Only Human), there's something here for everyone. The LTD tracks are a really nice bonus including the rare 12" mix of "(Every Time I Turn Around)Back In Love Again" gives us fans more incentive to pick this package up. The folks at Hip-O have done a fine job(Hi Pat! ) putting this together. It'll definitely tide over the hardcore fans until his A&M albums are remastered(HINT, HINT! ). Essential listening.
on July 30, 2003
I KNOW YOU CAN AND YOU WILL ON THIS FINE COLLECTION-THIS IS JEFFREY BRINGIN IT TO YOU LIKE ONLY HE CAN. MOST OF THIS COLLECTION IS MADE UP OF 80'S TUNES CRISSCROSSING R&B AND POP CATERGORIES REPEATLY AND I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT. GEORGE DUKE PROVIDES MOST OF THE PRODUCTION ON THIS OUTING AND FINE ONES INDEED-"ON THE WINGS OF LOVE", "DON'T YOU GET SO MAD ABOUT IT", "I REALLY DON'T NEED NO LIGHT", THE 80'S POP SMASH "STAY WITH ME TONIGHT" THE HAWK WOLINSKI WRITTEN "PLANE LOVE' AWESOME SYNTHSIZER WORK DISPLAYED HERE WITH STORYTELLING TO MATCH. THE ADDICTIVE "YOU SHOULD BE MINE (THE WOO WOO SONG) PUT IT ON AND START A SING-A-LONG-"WE'RE GOING ALL THE WAY" SHOWCASES THAT CLASSIC LTD STYLE WE'VE COME TO KNOW AND LOVE AND IF LTD IS WHAT YOU WANT THERE'S A LITTLE OF THAT HERE AS WELL TRY-"LOVE BALLAD" CLASSIC ON TOP OF CLASSIC!...I LOVE WHEN HE SAYS "WHAT WE HAVE IS MUCH MORE THAN THEY CAN SEE" ANOTHER LTD CLASSIC"(EVERYTIME I TURN AROUND)BACK IN LOVE AGAIN-THIS 9 MINUTE GROOVEFEST STILL HAS THE SAME EFFECT NOW THAT IT DID BACK IN 1974. 17 GEMS IN ALL-IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS CD -GO AHEAD MAKE YOUR COLLECTION COMPLETE....ORDER IT TODAY, YOU'LL LOVE IT!
on July 28, 2015
Love me some Jeffrey Osborne. He is one of the singers that is smooth and distinct in his delivery. Met him on a flight from LA back in 1978, when LTD was in their heyday. Real nice, kind, soft spoken gentleman. Enjoyed their company from LA to when they got off in Baltimore. I was elated!
on September 24, 1999
This cd is fantastic! It has all of Jeffery's great love songs including one of the hardest to find hits of the eighties, "You Should Be Mine" The woo woo song! This soulfull song has been out of print for quite a while. The minute I saw it I new I had to have it. This music is perfect for a relaxing evening at home or perfect for a nice dinner date out on the town. Put this cd in and the ladies turn to butter.
on December 9, 2014
When the CD arrived I couldn't wait to play it. His voice and his range are high quality total enjoyment. The whole compilation has funk, slow jams and grooves in the 70s genre that are always great for listening, dancing or romancing. Packed full of hits and great music. Although I don't care for the very small percentage of techno, the CD is strong enough to get my vote. And my dollars.
on February 14, 2015
Wow I stumbled on this album and boy am I happy I did . It brought back so many memories of my younger years . I am very happy with my purchase and shared the music with others who were delighted also. Thank you for having such a large array of music on Amazon .