Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Ultimate Digital Book Promotion Handbook - The Author's Guide To Finding Places To Promote Your Book Online
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 18, 2012
I don't know the author of this book and I had never heard of him until I downloaded this book, so if my comments sound like they're coming from a "sock puppet" (i.e, phony) reviewer, I can assure you they're not.

This book bundles lists of all the popular book promotion sites and resources into one place, complete with links. You could probably come up with your own list that includes many - maybe even most - of these resources, but doing so would take many, MANY hours. Here, the work has been done for you, all for the princely sum of 99 cents.

If you place any kind of value on your time (and you SHOULD), you know that that's a steal. Additionally, the author promises to periodically update the book for free... all of which makes buying this little book a no-brainer.
on June 23, 2012
Made me smile when I read:

"You can ask your reader who is getting a free book to consider leaving a positive review, or no review at all if they don't like it, which I think is fair. I mean, you gave them a free copy. If you can't say anything nice... don't say anything at all, right?"

I am still on the fence on this issue of "free book = appreciative review" or "friendship=happy review". After all, the free book was given in hopes that I would review it on Amazon. If only positive reviews are included, then the whole Amazon review system is of little value to someone in the decision of spending their hard-earned money. (I know gaming happens but it isn't that hard to spot fake positive reviews for the most part). At the same time, authors are real people with real feelings and everyone deserves to be treated respectfully.

I appreciated the comment about proofreading and also not spamming the link to one's book everywhere. It did bother me that the book isn't really what will be updated, it seems it is the website that will be updated. In the age of monetized clicks, that brought out my inner cynic.

While this little e-book wasn't really a lot of help for me, I agreed with the author that for the technology-challenged, having a vetted list is much better than the mess that can result from a poor Google search. If you fall in that category, at 99 cents or 1.01, it is probably worth it.
on November 26, 2012
(After reading Make A Killing On Kindle (Without Blogging, Facebook Or Twitter). The Guerilla Marketer's Guide To Selling Ebooks On Amazon I have completely changed my marketing strategy and I highly recommend reading that book) About this book, it is still one of the many books geared towards using blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and the infamous Author Platform. I did gain some helpful information about the self-publishing process in general and unique methods of marketing that I would like to try. Overall a good read at a low price (99 cents). Again the only drawback is the continued reliance on author platforms and social media, even though all the research shows that it's not the correct way to market because too much work for not enough payoff.
on October 23, 2012
I have read and used most of the available e-books on ebook promotion to promote my own book, The Leopard Tree. This is one of the top three and has the most comprehensive list of links to other resources. In our first 90 days we had 25,000 free downloads and moved our book from 5 - 5.0 star reviews to 49 - 4.9 star reviews. It is inexpensive, easy-to-read and solid advice based on real experience. I highly recommend it.

Tim Merriman
on April 28, 2012
short and to the point is my idea of a how-to book. It's loaded with ideas, bloggers/reviewers and websites that can help any self-published author navigate their way through the maze of information. I look forward to learning more through the author's marketing group.
on September 15, 2012
The Ultimate Digital Book Promotion Handbook by Jim F. Kukral is truly ultimate in promoting your book. This guide has inspired me to join in as one of the companies who provide a resource to authors to market their books to as many readers as possible.
Jim's book provides you with ideas on how to market your book step by step. It could have taken me years to achieve the sales I made thanks to this amazing resource put together by Jim Kukral. This manual is a must have for authors and individuals who aspire to write and successfully promote their books.
Thank you Jim for this wonderful gift you have really assisted me to be a success in the business of publishing.
Jim is a mentor he provides training courses on how to write a book all these goodies can be found on his website Author Marketing Club , he is truly a genius and I recommend his advice to all.
on August 29, 2012
The book description covers what this is, the other reviews give you even more info on what this is so there's no risk.
The simple fact here is that all the hard work of finding sites and links has been done for you, you'd be nuts not to spend a lousy 99c to get this. You spend more on a coffee and don't even blink at making that decision so save several (at least) hours of your life, get something that DOES help you promote your work and get out there and do it.
VINE VOICEon November 9, 2012
The Ultimate Digital Book Promotion Handbook by Jim F. Kukral is filled with links and helpful tips for promoting digital books (ebooks) on the web. Kukral has put together an extensive list of places that welcome authors to promote their books as well as tips for planning promotion days to be the most beneficial. He is quick to point out that websites come and go, so he can't guarantee the sites listed will still be available. He updates the handbook to keep it as current as possible. I used The Ultimate Digital Book Promotion Handbook for my last promotion blitz and found many of the sites Kukral recommended drove traffic to my books on promotion day; therefore I would recommend the handbook for those looking for readers for their ebooks.
on September 16, 2012
The Author Marketing Club ([...]) - by the way a great website for authors and free - founder, Jim Kukral wrote this book. He offers a list of free promotions available for writers to market their work. Easy steps on how to set up your books and post them to the right sites are detailed. Jim is very giving when it comes to supporting authors both in his book and at his website. As someone who has purchased this book and signed up as a member at his website, I recommend this book.
on January 8, 2013
A post in the KDP Forum suggested a link to [...], where I found this priceless resource to help me promote my ebook "Victim of Victims" - memoir of a suicide FREE JANUARY, 12 and 13, 2013.
I am truly overwhelmed at the very sound advice and intelligent observations along with priceless links that Jim F. Kukral has provided which will save us hours, NO! Days, weeks, even months of trial and error researching. Jim F. Kukral has given us a free ride to finding a platform for our voice, just follow the simple nstructions. Thank you so very much Jim!