Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now PlasmaCar

Format: Blu-rayChange

on February 13, 2011
When you buy a BluRay, you expect HD Quality, and not VHS Quality.
Unfortunately, the source material used in this BluRay was probably from VHS and so the quality suffers.
The resolution looks worse than DVD quality (appears more blurry than 720x480) even though the technical
specs on the packaging says 1080p (1920x1080). This makes sense as the source data is low resolution.
You can re-master VHS a million times and the resolution won't get any higher. As far as content is
concerned, another reviewer correctly stated that this BluRay has less material than the 3-Disc Anniversary
Edition DVD. The only reason to buy this is if you can no longer find the DVD version.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2011
There was a time in my life where I would watch Come Fly With Me almost daily.
I remember all the moves, the dialog, etc. I tried doing all the moves in the playground right after watching the movie.

Needless to say i was so psyched to hear about this collection coming to Bluray.

I preordered it as soon as I could.

I was a bit disappointed that they would release something like this. There was no improvement from the DVD version. There were even times where you'd see some pixelation on the movies. Very disappointing. It's like watching youtube sometimes. Was the source material really that bad that they couldn't improve on it any more?
on February 17, 2011
Well, let me begin by stating all the good about this compilation. The good is that if you are a Jordan fan, like obviously I am, then you are considering purchasing the most comprehensive collection of Jordan moments EVER, and at a very fair to affordable price. I have been a Jordan fan for pretty much all of my life. Now in my latter 20's these moments still bring a childlike exuberance for my childhood hero, this legendary athlete. Furthermore, to those fans of "the game" of basketball who will be witnessing MJ for the first time you are especially in for a real treat! Not only is "Air Jordan's" most spectacular moments brought back to life in this collection, the moments have been restored in high definition blu-ray quality. Really! We all know about the hype of movies and sports on blu-ray discs, but these moments actually look better SO MUCH BETTER than when they actually took place. Also, all of you long time fans can finally stop worrying so much about trying to preserve your favorite moments on VHS and DVD's. Moreover, this complication includes the following classic moments... (Over 16 hrs and 32 min. of footage!)

Films: "Come Fly With Me", "Michael Jordan's Playground", "Airtime", "Above and Beyond", and "His Airness".

Games: 1986 Playoffs Game 2: Chicago vs. Boston (Scores 63 Points), 1990 Chicago vs Cleveland (Scores 69 Points), 1993 Finals Game 4: Chicago vs. Phoenix (Scores 55 Points), 1997 Finals Game 5: Chicago vs. Utah (The Flu Game), 1998 Finals Game 6: Chicago vs. Utah (The Sixth Title)

-2009 Hall of Fame Induction Speech
-Slam Dunk Highlights
-Michael's Great 8
-The Making of Michael Jordan's Playground
-And Much More

The only real downside to this collection is that there are not any of his All Star appearances, 1992 Dream Team Olympic Highlights/gold medal ceremony, college games,198 "Space "songs/highlights, 1987-88 full slam dunk contests, commercials: Gatorade, Wheaties, Nike shoe commercials, Hanes, Energizer, Ballpark Hotdogs,music video's (of Space Jam or "Jam" with Michael Jackson), or even his last game. However, these moments would make GREAT additions for a 25th compilation. Also, the loading screen music sounds rather basic and repetitative. It's a crying shame that potentially the geatest athlete of all-time is represented by some corny ole elevator music...Blah! That's just nasty, and not in a good way,...OOH!

In a few closing words, to date, this is the BEST Michael Jordan compilation yet, if you happen to be a Jordan fan. A LOT of stuff is left out, but I suppose even a little nibble of greatness is better than nothing at all.
Grade: A
An awesome addition for any Jordan fan!!!!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2014
This is a great set. Quality is good enough, not great, but good enough. I did have to realize that the quality was not going to be ESPN HD TV, which is what I've been used to for quite some time. But it's good. I'm a fan and this had to be added to the collection. I like to watch it when they try to say someone is better! Arrived on time and in great condition. I do recommend this 4 disc set.
on March 19, 2011
I'm sure by now you've seen all the reviews of individuals getting a wee bit "irate" over the fact that the content provided is not in HD. As unfortunate as this is, the fact remains that any footage (whether HD or not) is better than none at all.

We are entering a time where the younger generation may not know of the wonders of Michael Jordan, and this should be a crime! What this does, is allows them to be introduced to "His Airness," in a format that many of the younger generation are familiar with (Blu-Ray). True, the picture quality is not at all up to par, and while that would have been fantastic to see all the action in high-definition clarity, that's not really the point. The point is keeping the Jordan Legacy alive (by any means necessary) and keeping up with today's technological formats to allow this footage to prevail through time.

Who knows? Hopeful in the future, another method of transfer video will come along to where this footage can be cleared up somewhat, but until then, it's best not to complain and just be thankful for what is offered.

The nice addition on these discs is being able to observe several memorable games of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls in their entirety (and completely commercial free). I have only been able to watch a couple of them so far, but it has been a real "treat" to be able to relive some of these moments. Also included however, are documentaries that have been released throughout Michael's Career up until his second retirement. These are very informative looks at both his early life, progression in basketball, and ultimately, his career in the NBA. Each one of them adds something different; though at certain points subject matter becomes redundant or used multiple times yet it is not big deal.

Ultimately, I am very pleased with this purchase! I actually had the DVD version (of a previous release), and I decided to upgrade (and yes I said "upgrade"). Let us not forget that blu-ray discs also have other advantages over DVDs than just higher image resolution (such as better protection on discs surfaces). Anyway, you should definitely consider picking this one up (especially if you don't own any of the Ultimate Jordan sets already)! :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2013
Everyone complaining about the transfer needs to understand that this Blu-Ray set is actually a decent transfer. Yes it's blurry and looks like VHS but it's a decent transfer and I will explain why.

The games were most likely filmed with SVHS format which were used in broadcasting through out that time. Games weren't filmed with actual film or digital format which would make a transfer that you would expect from standard def to hi-def. This is the best you'll get so deal with it.

As for the $175 price tag, I would not have purchased it but I bought it for my dad so we can watch some good old games together.
on April 1, 2012
Get this limited edition before it disappears for good. Five of Jordan's greatest games in the BEST EVER quality available is all I needed to know. The games are NOT true HD, but they are old games and were NEVER even in HD. So I will take what I can get. And since I attended the Jordan "flu game" in the Delta Center in Utah in Game 5 then I am thrilled just to have this available. I am happy to have this in my collection and on my shelf at home. 5 stars.
on September 11, 2011
It's quite sad that people are complaining about this collection because I believe this is the most complete collection out on the market. It's quite impossible to turn footage from the late 80's and early 90's into the HD that we expect. But it is better than the original source material, of that I'm sure. This is definitely worth the purchase for any Jordan fans!
on June 11, 2011
This movie is awesome for anyone who likes Michael Jordan 16 Hours and 32 minutes is just crazy. I am very excited to watch all of the things on the Blu-Ray and i got it fast! A must buy for any Jordan Or Bulls collectors or fans!
on December 8, 2012
I searched around looking for a good Jordan BD to buy, and I came here. Considering the SD source material I am sure the $39.98 BD is most definitely NOT worth $144.98!! Maybe Amazon should look into it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse