5.0 out of 5 stars A book you'll use as your guide-it's that complete!
This book covers every aspect of building a barn, from plumbing and roofs down to nails. I would have liked to see more of the barn designs, and less patterns that could be purchased, but overall a very informative book. This will stay on the top of our book stack.
Published on December 31, 2010 by Indeed19

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned for credit
Returned as not even close to what I wanted. Wanted pictures of barns to give me ideas on what to build..
Published 12 months ago by Ellen

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you'll use as your guide-it's that complete!, December 31, 2010
This review is from: Ultimate Guide: Barns, Sheds & Outbuildings (Home Improvement) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like my Grandpa's old barn!, April 6, 2011
NCR (Southwest U.S.) - See all my reviews
Great book for a wanna be builder or just to become more informed even if I do end up having someone else do the work. We have retired and looking to build a few usefull outbuildings on our ranch.
Great price and fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars If your a new home owner or doing this project for first timer, Very necessary, January 27, 2014
I will be re-posting this post for 4 other books I bought just like this because they all show WONDERFUL information and pictures for different types of projects.
All these books, Including this one show you How, Why, and Ideas. Their might be other books out their Better/Cheaper, but I haven't found them yet and so I am just sharing that I am VERY satisfied with this book and a must for the first time home owner or first time a person wants to tackle these projects

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, January 9, 2014
If you are not a carpenter, and want to understand building fundamentals, this is an excellent book. It's loaded with diagrams and pics, and lots of clear text that explain building basics. Foundations, framing, siding and roofing are clearly explained. There are a few small shed plans in the book, and several more detailed plans for larger outbuildings for sale. I wanted to be able to design my own outbuilding, so the plans weren't that important to me. BTW, I paired this book with another outstanding Creative Homeowner book: "Ultimate Guide to House Framing; Plan, Design, Build". These two books complement each other very well if you want to make your own custom shed or outbuilding.

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned for credit, December 24, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great info for building your own top-notch shed, April 18, 2013
R. Dalton (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I borroewed this book from my local library just to review. Liked it so much I decided to buy my own copy as a building reference book. A self-trained DIY-er, I don't have formal training in building construction (Foundation and framing). This book covers these areas in spades! I also found a newer edition when ordering, it's got more plans than the older version, but for my needs, the older version would have been fine, but the cost increase was negligible, so I got the newer version. I am planning to build my own woodworking shop in the back yard in the very near future and this book will be a great help. This book has a lot with great details throughout. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very best b ooks with much information, April 4, 2013
a great addition to my reference material. The artist studio will be our next project. Building advice is very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, May 22, 2012
Book was full of ideas and explained things well. I found the garage that I want to build and it had the plans.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good manual, November 26, 2014
good presentation,got some good techniques and ideas

Ultimate Guide: Barns, Sheds & Outbuildings (Home Improvement)
Ultimate Guide: Barns, Sheds & Outbuildings (Home Improvement) by Home Improvement (Paperback - June 3, 2010)
Used & New from: $9.35