Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Learning Leadership: The Five Fundamentals of Becoming an Exemplary Leader
Improve your leadership skills with this new book from the authors of "The Leadership Challenge." Learn more.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
There are three things that you should know about this book before you buy it.
1. Sure, the title says that it is a book about Adwords, but really it is a complete guide to overhauling your business. Yes, you'll learn more about the intricacies of how Google works, how to make Adwords work better and how to save yourself a ton of frustration in the process. But, more importantly, you'll be challenged on how you think about, plan for and execute your business.
2. Perry and Bryan are not huge fans of "Dilbert-Cube" environments (i.e. nameless, faceless corporations.) So, if you roll that way, prepare to be offended. This book is not for guys that have tens of millions of dollars in their ad budgets and are more worried about promoting their brand than getting sales dollars. This book is a must read for all the millions of businesses out there who need to drive customers to their shops, plants and agencies - now!
3. This is not a get rich quick book. What Perry and Bryan prescribe is a tough look at your business and a clear pathway to get the kinds of customers you want to be the kind of business you want to be. Don't expect to read this book, buy a couple of keywords and have money rolling in tomorrow. Those days are over. But, if you want to capture a sustainable, profitable niche, then this book needs to be in your arsenal.
There is one thing that bothered me about the book. It frequently changes tenses. Sometimes it's Perry writing, using "I" and then sometimes is Bryan writing, referring to himself as "I". It is a bit disconcerting and unclear who is writing, but it hardly detracts from the overall effectiveness.
So, if you'd like to keep some of your hard earned money from Google, and like to see your business become more stable, and make a ton more cash in the process, then read this book.
1. As another reviewer mentioned, there seems to be a problem distinguishing which author is writing at which time. Not that it matters all that much. But it did become confusing more than once.
2. I found the discussion on quality score to be somewhat limited. Maintaining a favorable quality score is something that many adwords advertisers have a problem with. Consider a more thorough discussion of this in the next edition.
3. Finally, this leads me to something that ticked me off more and more as I read the book. I was very disappointed to find that the authors heavily (and I mean heavily) promote products and services within the book that lacked sincerity. For example, the authors promoted their own services (and opt-in lists), friends services, and even services from companies paying them some sort of commission for mentioning them in the book. For the latter, it was not made extremely obvious, but anybody that is in internet marketing could spot this. For example, WordTracker's url is [...] not [...] as mentioned in the book. I'm sure the .info was merely set up as a means to count referrals to the WordTracker service. To the authors, I would remind them that writing a book is different than your every day internet marketing efforts. Of course it is a great opportunity to expose the audience to your own brands and services, but lets keep in mind that people are actually paying to hold this book in their hands.Read more ›
If you are looking for a step-by-step guide to getting up and running with Google AdWords in record time this is the book.
If you follow the steps that Bryan and Perry teach in this book you'll run circles around your competitors. This book will take you by the hand and show you all the tips and strategies that Bryan and Perry have discovered over the past 5 years or so. I can't believe they packed so much into this book.
What I really like about the book is that it is written in a natural voice that makes it easy to understand. There is no confusing geek speak. If you are a beginner or a pro this book is easy to read and grasp.
I manage Google AdWords for my clients on a daily basis and I've been using AdWords since the day of its conception. I've generated hundreds of thousands of dollars for my clients using Google AdWords and I still find this 25 dollar book valuable enough to have on my desk with dog-eared pages, pencil marks and post-it notes on the pages.
I strongly recommend that you buy this book today and keep it on your desk for daily reference.
I hope you find it as useful as I do!
Going far beyond the mechanics of setting up your Google AdWords account, Perry covers ground where most books on the subject leave off, critical ground like:
*How to improve the conversion (ultimate sales) of your PPC landing pages, even when you have a site that is not an ecommerce store (such as a lead generation site)
*How to pay less for your Google clicks and get more clicks (the right way to organize your campaign, how to split test ads to get lower costs, adding negatives to improve your CTR, etc)
*How to test a concept you're not sure will sell (headline tests, keyword research using tools outside of AdWords, long tail keywords)
*How to use Google to reach prospects shopping for products in your local area (including how to structure two campaigns to reach folks who use your city in their search and those who don't)
*How to use auto responder email to follow up with prospects who arrive at your site and didn't buy (increasing the value of your clicks over time)
*Why tracking your conversions with both Google Conversion Tracker and Google Analytics takes the blindfold off and allows you to bid and manage your Google campaigns like a pro
This book is required reading for my PPC account management staff.
Once I read it (I had it pre-ordered months ago based on how much I enjoyed Perry's Definitive Guide to Google AdWords), I immediately ordered several additional copies so each PPC Account Manager on my team could have their own copy to highlight, dog-ear, and read over and over again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Changed directions, and did not need to read it. Will probably get to needint it.Published 11 months ago by Buyer Sue
Chocked full of great information from one of the greatest AdWords minds on the planet. I consider myself pretty bright, but it wasn't written to my level of comprehension. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Smart Shopper
It is OK. There is too much to learn about AdWords and things do change all the time. Waste of money,Published 17 months ago by CHARLES E. CARSTENSEN
I bought this book years ago, the concepts were great the implementation was not current. The problem is that the world changes all the time, paperback is out of date by the time... Read morePublished on May 8, 2014 by Jack D Friedman
It exceeded my expectations, was reasonably priced or good value for money. A welcome addition to our fridge and table.Published on December 1, 2013 by Rob Johnston
Perry Marshall knows Adwords. Afterall, he's been doing this for many years and is the go to guy for many of the Internet's top gurus when it comes to making profitable Adwords... Read morePublished on November 20, 2013 by Mystery Shopper
I signed up for the class taught by the authors, so purchased this book to help me prepare. It's so thorough and excellent, I read it twice! (I *rarely* read a book twice! Read morePublished on October 11, 2013 by Susan Kruger, M.Ed.-SOAR Study Skills