Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on July 1, 2011
I've read this book cover to cover. I have two main complaints about this book:

1) I was hoping to gain specific knowledge of hockey-specific training techniques. This book provides very little information about that. The workout and nutrition routines seem generic - like they could work for any sport. Furthermore, this book doesn't explain why you're doing what you're doing!

2) The grammar and spelling is abosolutely atrocious. It was painfully to read some parts.
on June 24, 2015
This book presents programs in three formats, maintenance (high rep, low weight muscle hypertrophy), strength (pyramid schemes) and power (essentially same as maintenance plus the power clean and plyometrics). It includes lots of variation, so you get good at nothing and just feel sore and overtrained all the time. It also explores antagonistic (push-pull) workouts and synergistic (all pushing, or all pulling). I had constant elbow and shoulder pain, especially from the synergistic workouts. These programs follow recent fads of variation, and pyramid based programs that just don't work for novice and intermediate lifters. Plus there is very little emphasis on form, so don't expect any help there; get an experienced strength coach for that. Skip this piece of junk and just read Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. I've gained 20 pounds of muscle mass in 6 weeks following that program, and suspect to keep on that linear progression for several more months. I feel much stronger on the ice, take hits and "incidental contact" without any problems, and feel like I'm throwing bigger and heavier guys around in front of the net with ease.
on January 18, 2012
This book is chalk full of excellent weight training material. Purchased for my 14 yr old son and he loves it.
on December 21, 2011
No complains. I don't have any reason for not to recommend this product. It works just fine you just have to try hard. Reasonable price. I am completely satisfaid.