5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Guitar Christmas Fake Book
Published on December 5, 2009 by Adrian

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version is HORRIBLE
The chords in the Kindle version are great, but impossible to play in the current format. Songs are split up between pages and extra verses are on separate pages making playing along nearly impossible. I was able to return the book though so...okay. I would not recommend for iPad users.
Published 14 months ago by 907_Science

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Guitar Christmas Fake Book, December 5, 2009
This review is from: The Ultimate Guitar Christmas Fakebook (Fake Books) (Plastic Comb)
I was a little skeptical about purchasing this book at first, but I took a chance and I was very satisfied. Out of all the guitar books I have ever purchased this one was definitely the greatest of them all. The illustrations and explanations are really helpful and makes playing those Christmas Carols really easy and simple. I give "The Ultimate Guitar Christmas Fake Book: 200 Holiday Favorites with Melody, Lyrics and chord Frames (Fake Book)" a big thumbs up. Whether you are a beginner or intermediate, this book is really wonderful I totally recommend it to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun Christmas Songs!!, January 30, 2009
I was looking for a book with lots of Christmas songs so I could play them on guitar and sing them with my family and teach them to my guitar students. This has nearly every Christmas song I have heard and more. I say nearly because I was surprised that it was missing one or two of my favorites; but overall, it has lots of great songs. It was well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas Song Book for Guitar!, January 30, 2010
This book has all the essential songs for Christmas. Everything you need to play and sing each song is given in a straight forward manner. There are few songs that exceed 2 pages in length which minimizes page turning if any at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for novices like me!, April 15, 2013
I was looking for a songbook so that I could play the guitar during my family's annual Christmas eve carol singing. I know the basic chords, but the book has all the chords you would need anyways. It has all the lyrics and it's easy to follow along. It comes with some suggested strumming patterns, but as long as you can keep some sort of rhythm, the songs are going to sound right no matter what.

There are so many songs in here, with only a few missing (mentioned in other reviews), but almost all the favorites are in there, and a few surprises too (i.e. "Santa Baby"). It even has "The Marvelous Toy" a song which I don't really think of as a Christmas song, but I've always liked, so I'm happy it's there. Some of the songs have different titles, such as "Old Toy Trains"/"Little Toy Trains" (Can't remember the name in the book off the top of my head), so if you don't see the song immediately, keep looking and it will probably be there (most are titled the way you would think)- There are A LOT of songs. 200! You may find some new favourites.

It has a spiral-ish binding (the kind that kind of grabs the spine from either side), and the covers are semi-laminated. Decent enough to take out once a year- I'm sure it will last a long time.

Overall it is certainly worth the low price, and has made X-mas a lot more fun for me and my family. I recommend it for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great collection of Christmas songs, but sometimes changes need to be made in these arrangements, December 6, 2013
Volkert Volkersz (Snohomish County, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I have have taught private guitar lessons since 1969, and I have led more Christmas sing-alongs than I can count over the years. As a result, I have collected a ton of songbooks, and in the early years have added the chords myself. This is the best collection I've found, to-date, that has all the best holiday songs, both sacred and secular, and for the most part, in guitar-friendly keys.

The book is not without it's minor shortcomings. In some cases, not all the verses of well-known songs are included. In other cases, I would've selected different chords, chord progressions, or I would've named the chords differently. But this is now the book I go to to start with. I always compare against the best-known recordings of the songs, and make my changes accordingly. In some cases, I end up changing the key altogether.

Most recently, my students wanted to learn "Last Christmas," but the version in this book is based on the Wham (George Michael) version from the 1980s. These young people wanted the Taylor Swift version, which is in a different key, but it's also easier to play.

This is still a great book, and I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, January 25, 2013
We use it at Christmas family gatherings for sing-a-longs, informal Church worship services. Guitar-friendly key signatures. Wide variety of songs, both sacred and secular.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want only one book, this is it!, March 3, 2014
We've used the smaller Christmas Fakebook but it has far less tunes and the keys are terrible for guitars and fiddles. This has most every song you want [ok, no Drummer Boy, no Baby It's Cold Outside, no Winter Wonderland. I've convinced 5 other people to buy this and not one complaint. [you can fake it through Drummer Boy]

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version is HORRIBLE, December 18, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Guitar fake book, January 12, 2014
I had fun playing and singing Christmas carols with the family. I love it!!! Easy to read and has all the right chords.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is easy to use., January 11, 2007
I like the fact that the chord graphs are provided - makes it very easy if you're a novice like I am.

The Ultimate Guitar Christmas Fakebook (Fake Books)
The Ultimate Guitar Christmas Fakebook (Fake Books) by Hal Leonard Corp. (Plastic Comb - September 1, 2000)
$19.95 $15.46