5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipe book
I am extremely impressed by this book. First of all, it is huge, there are enough ideas in here to feed me for a year. Also, the diversity of ideas is tremendous--veggie dishes, meat and desserts. The pictures are mouthwatering.
Published 9 months ago by Alissa Douglas

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for picky eaters
Published 11 months ago by Jennifer Sicurella

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipe book, November 27, 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook: More Than 200 Perfect-Every-Time Recipes for Making Panini - and Lots of Other Things - on Your Panini Press or Other Countertop Grill (Paperback)
As a beginner panini maker (I even followed Kathy's advice about what panini maker to buy), I found this book simple to follow and my creations came out great. I will be buying it for several cooks in my life this holiday season.

5.0 out of 5 stars I could eat a panino every day and be happy, December 8, 2013
I love sandwiches and when they're hot, I love them even more so it stands to reason that this cookbook is perfect for me. I have a non-electric panini press and have enjoyed it for years rarely stepping out of the happy rut I was in with ingredients. This cookbook has helped change that providing flavor combos I'd never have thought of that are delicious (hello grilled shrimp, mango and avocado with pepper jelly & monterey jack!). An unexpected perk to this cookbook are the recipes for aiolis, vinaigrettes, pestos, and other condiments that make your panini (or anything else you want to enjoy them with) taste great. And if it's something other than tasty ingredients sandwiched between bread you're in the mood for, there are recipes to use your panini press to grill ahi for salad, grill tomatillos to make guacamole, or even homemade cones for ice cream.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for picky eaters, September 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love my panini press and am constantly on the lookout for new recipes to use with it. We eat a huge variety of food around here and I figured with over 200 recipes, this cookbook would be used frequently. Not so. With 4 kids and a husband with a palate slightly less adventurous than my own, we found a total of 6 recipes that would work for us (Pulled BBQ Chicken Panini, Chicken Bacon Melt Panini, Smoked Turkey Panini with Asiago Tomato & Avocado, Bacon Cheddar and Tomato Panini, California Steak Panini, and Bacon Breakfast Panini).

The majority of the recipes in this cookbook were too "fancy" for us, for lack of a better term. Figs, brie, goat cheese, arugula, liverwurst, and other ingredients were used that my family wouldn't consider touching. Lots of recipes for sandwiches that had both meat and fruit on them, a combination I personally don't understand.

This was a nice cookbook, but one that isn't going to get much use in a family kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my panini maker a staple appliance, September 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It has been all paninis all the time in our house since I got this book. We had the panini maker for awhile and I tried to copy paninis I had in restaurants but they never came out as intended. This book teaches you how to pick the ingredients, and how to put them together in a simple way that tastes great. It shows you how to use the panini maker for every meal, dessert included which is amazing.

The recipes are very simple, some using leftovers! There are usually only a few ingredients and they are easy to find, yet when you throw them together on your press it comes out tasting amazing. There really is something for everyone in this book. The stand out is the sauces and spreads. When combined with the store bought ingredients it takes these sandwiches over the top.

A great book for gifting as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deliciousness on a press!, August 25, 2013
Biblioholic Beth (Portland, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having gotten a panini press for Mother's Day, I was looking for some ideas of things to make that weren't the standard grilled cheese, or blt recipes. Happily for me, this book came along shortly thereafter. While I haven't had a chance to try everything, and there are some things that we probably wouldn't choose to eat, I am quite impressed with the recipes overall.

The beginning of the book covers some basics about panini presses, the types of bread to use, and the ingredients that can be put inside the bread. Then you get into the chapters: Poultry Perfection, High on the Hog, The Butcher's Best, Gifts from the Sea, Nature's Bounty, Gooey Goodness, On the Morning Menu and A Little Something Sweet. Each chapter has several different panini recipes, and at least one idea of things to make on the press that aren't sandwiches.

I have a personal rule that I won't review a cookbook unless I have tried at least three things - this one was more, just because we were having so much fun with it. First was the Chorizo Tortas. They were simple, with basic ingredients. We did find the telera rolls at a local Mexican grocer, but the book says kaiser rolls would work as well. They were delicious, and very easy to adjust ingredients for the more picky among us. Next we tried the Marinated Mozzarella Panini with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers. Again, all the ingredients were easy to find. The flavor was delicious, though I personally would double the mozzarella marinade so that I have enough left over to drizzle on the bread as I layer the ingredients. Then came the Salami, Prosciutto, and Provolone Panini, which happened to be my husband's absolute favorite. The flavors were excellent, particularly with the salsa. The Peach Caprese Panini was absolute yumminess, and surprised my husband by how good it was, as he persists in believing he doesn't like fruit with his savory. The last thing I made, just because I couldn't resist, was the Mini Yellow Layer Cake with Chocolate Buttercream. Sadly, I wasn't as excited about this one. The cake was not very light or fluffy, but instead pretty dense. The flavor wasn't bad for either the cake or the frosting, but I can't think I would be making it very often. I'm still curious to try the carrot cake though...

Overall, I am extremely impressed by this book. I look forward to trying more of the recipes and coming back to those I already tried. They are so easy to make and so flavorful, that it makes perfect sense for anyone trying to put dinner on the table. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!!!, November 14, 2013
This is the best book for paninis. It has made my panini grill an appliance I use almost every day. We love the sandwiches in this book and all the other great ideas too. The French Toast is my husband's favorite, I make it 2-3 times a week. I use this book a lot it's awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars It surprised me, August 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this book free to review and after selecting it, wondered what the heck I was thinking. I mean what else do you make on a panini press but sandwiches, and how many variations could you possibly do; especially since I'm a fussy eater that doesn't like many veggies? Color me surprised.

The recipes and suggestions in this book refer to any grilling machine that grills both the top and bottom at the same time, such as a George Foreman Grill or Cuisinart 5-in-1. The first 13 pages are devoted to information. If you are new to using this type of machine, you get the different features to look for when deciding what to buy, basic instructions for cleaning and what tools you should use, as well as food usage suggestions broken down by food group.

I'm not very creative in the kitchen when throwing things together on my own, other than the basics, but I can effectively follow a recipe. My idea of a sandwich was pretty limited to a sliced meat, cheese, lettuce, maybe pickle and either a condiment or sauce on bread. I hadn't realized how limited I was.

Out of the 205 recipes in this book, I found plenty that interested me and it's not limited to just sandwiches. It's anything that can be cooked on a grill. The first one I tried was Sweet and Smoky Grilled Pork Tenderloin Medallions which is not a sandwich. It was a hit. I have tried a number sandwich recipes since then. You'll also find recipes for breakfast items as well as desserts.

Expect to find a lot of recipes using plenty from your spice rack as well as recipes for sauces. Some items I've never heard of. A variety of types of bread, veggies, meat, fish, fruit and cheeses are all used in this book. In some cases you're cooking on the stove with just a small portion of the recipe made on the grill. And yes, you will find a few recipes that most have thought of on their own. But I think you'd be surprised at the variety offered in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panini Me, Please, October 17, 2013
Single subject cookbooks are dubious at best, they're either paper thin pushouts generated for a quick dollar by the publisher, or they're epic tomes that shut down the subject for the next few decades based on the fact that they're co complete, so informative, and so replete with innovative recipes that are as convivial as they are engaging that there is no need for another book to be written about the subject.

This is the latter (obviously).

No matter what you have in your pantry, Strahs prepares and educates you on the art of the panini. More than that, she teaches food pairings, balancing flavor, and introduces new methods and techniques. She pushes the boundaries of a simple panini press and brings new life to a what was once though a single use device.

A must have for the cookbook library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Get Bored with Sandwiches Again, December 17, 2013
A sandwich for lunch? Perfectly ordinary. But offer your guest a "panini" and suddenly you have embarked on a culinary adventure. The Ultimate Panini Press shows you in interesting detail just how to create a wide variety of gourmet sandwiches that take their name from the device that grills both sides of the sandwich between two grates. The author even gives you permissiont to cheat and substitute that Foreman Grill that is languishing on your countertop rather than invest in an authentic Panini Grill. The array of recipes are mouthwatering and chock full of meats, cheeses, vegetables and other savory ingredients. Why settle for a common PBJ sandwich when with just a little extra effort, you can create a Homemade Peanut Butter and Carmelized Banana Panini? And a plain ham and cheese will no longer suffice when you know how to prepare a Ham, Apple and Smoked Cheddar Panini with Brown Sugar Crust. So why not live a little in the coming year and learn how having a Panini Press and the skills to use it can transforming boring sandwiches into culinary masterpieces with international flair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panini Press Cookbook, November 5, 2013
This is a great Panini Cookbook.....Love the recipes..... I've loaned it out and others now are wanting to get one...

Rate and Discover Movies