Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook: More Than 200 Perfect-Every-Time Recipes for Making Panini - and Lots of Other Things - on Your Panini Press or Other Countertop Grill
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more $5 Albums nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having gotten a panini press for Mother's Day, I was looking for some ideas of things to make that weren't the standard grilled cheese, or blt recipes. Happily for me, this book came along shortly thereafter. While I haven't had a chance to try everything, and there are some things that we probably wouldn't choose to eat, I am quite impressed with the recipes overall.

The beginning of the book covers some basics about panini presses, the types of bread to use, and the ingredients that can be put inside the bread. Then you get into the chapters: Poultry Perfection, High on the Hog, The Butcher's Best, Gifts from the Sea, Nature's Bounty, Gooey Goodness, On the Morning Menu and A Little Something Sweet. Each chapter has several different panini recipes, and at least one idea of things to make on the press that aren't sandwiches.

I have a personal rule that I won't review a cookbook unless I have tried at least three things - this one was more, just because we were having so much fun with it. First was the Chorizo Tortas. They were simple, with basic ingredients. We did find the telera rolls at a local Mexican grocer, but the book says kaiser rolls would work as well. They were delicious, and very easy to adjust ingredients for the more picky among us. Next we tried the Marinated Mozzarella Panini with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers. Again, all the ingredients were easy to find. The flavor was delicious, though I personally would double the mozzarella marinade so that I have enough left over to drizzle on the bread as I layer the ingredients. Then came the Salami, Prosciutto, and Provolone Panini, which happened to be my husband's absolute favorite. The flavors were excellent, particularly with the salsa. The Peach Caprese Panini was absolute yumminess, and surprised my husband by how good it was, as he persists in believing he doesn't like fruit with his savory. The last thing I made, just because I couldn't resist, was the Mini Yellow Layer Cake with Chocolate Buttercream. Sadly, I wasn't as excited about this one. The cake was not very light or fluffy, but instead pretty dense. The flavor wasn't bad for either the cake or the frosting, but I can't think I would be making it very often. I'm still curious to try the carrot cake though...

Overall, I am extremely impressed by this book. I look forward to trying more of the recipes and coming back to those I already tried. They are so easy to make and so flavorful, that it makes perfect sense for anyone trying to put dinner on the table. I highly recommend this book!
on November 27, 2013
I am extremely impressed by this book. First of all, it is huge, there are enough ideas in here to feed me for a year. Also, the diversity of ideas is tremendous--veggie dishes, meat and desserts. The pictures are mouthwatering.
As a beginner panini maker (I even followed Kathy's advice about what panini maker to buy), I found this book simple to follow and my creations came out great. I will be buying it for several cooks in my life this holiday season.
on December 8, 2013
I love sandwiches and when they're hot, I love them even more so it stands to reason that this cookbook is perfect for me. I have a non-electric panini press and have enjoyed it for years rarely stepping out of the happy rut I was in with ingredients. This cookbook has helped change that providing flavor combos I'd never have thought of that are delicious (hello grilled shrimp, mango and avocado with pepper jelly & monterey jack!). An unexpected perk to this cookbook are the recipes for aiolis, vinaigrettes, pestos, and other condiments that make your panini (or anything else you want to enjoy them with) taste great. And if it's something other than tasty ingredients sandwiched between bread you're in the mood for, there are recipes to use your panini press to grill ahi for salad, grill tomatillos to make guacamole, or even homemade cones for ice cream.
on October 17, 2013
Single subject cookbooks are dubious at best, they're either paper thin pushouts generated for a quick dollar by the publisher, or they're epic tomes that shut down the subject for the next few decades based on the fact that they're co complete, so informative, and so replete with innovative recipes that are as convivial as they are engaging that there is no need for another book to be written about the subject.

This is the latter (obviously).

No matter what you have in your pantry, Strahs prepares and educates you on the art of the panini. More than that, she teaches food pairings, balancing flavor, and introduces new methods and techniques. She pushes the boundaries of a simple panini press and brings new life to a what was once though a single use device.

A must have for the cookbook library.
on November 14, 2013
This is the best book for paninis. It has made my panini grill an appliance I use almost every day. We love the sandwiches in this book and all the other great ideas too. The French Toast is my husband's favorite, I make it 2-3 times a week. I use this book a lot it's awesome.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I received this book free to review and after selecting it, wondered what the heck I was thinking. I mean what else do you make on a panini press but sandwiches, and how many variations could you possibly do; especially since I'm a fussy eater that doesn't like many veggies? Color me surprised.

The recipes and suggestions in this book refer to any grilling machine that grills both the top and bottom at the same time, such as a George Foreman Grill or Cuisinart 5-in-1. The first 13 pages are devoted to information. If you are new to using this type of machine, you get the different features to look for when deciding what to buy, basic instructions for cleaning and what tools you should use, as well as food usage suggestions broken down by food group.

I'm not very creative in the kitchen when throwing things together on my own, other than the basics, but I can effectively follow a recipe. My idea of a sandwich was pretty limited to a sliced meat, cheese, lettuce, maybe pickle and either a condiment or sauce on bread. I hadn't realized how limited I was.

Out of the 205 recipes in this book, I found plenty that interested me and it's not limited to just sandwiches. It's anything that can be cooked on a grill. The first one I tried was Sweet and Smoky Grilled Pork Tenderloin Medallions which is not a sandwich. It was a hit. I have tried a number sandwich recipes since then. You'll also find recipes for breakfast items as well as desserts.

Expect to find a lot of recipes using plenty from your spice rack as well as recipes for sauces. Some items I've never heard of. A variety of types of bread, veggies, meat, fish, fruit and cheeses are all used in this book. In some cases you're cooking on the stove with just a small portion of the recipe made on the grill. And yes, you will find a few recipes that most have thought of on their own. But I think you'd be surprised at the variety offered in this book.
on January 7, 2015
This book is opening a vast and tasteful world. The recepits are easy and flavorfull. Kathy Strahs has really studied her choices and the results I have already experienced following her directions are beyond what I would have expected. Good work and anyone who wants to experiment with new sandwiches and a variety of new choices should by "The Ultimate Panini Press".
on March 18, 2015
Excellent book. Very well written. I felt as if I was speaking to Kathy face to face about the subject of paninis. She gives very clear delivery of the information to the reader and the recipes are fabulous. Not difficult and the ingredients are things that you either already have on hand or else they are very easy to purchase at your local grocery. The pictures are also mouth-watering. Excellent book!
on May 6, 2015
Lots of great ideas in this book. Got a job at a restaurant that has a panini press I quickly grew tired of the same old same old. I was looking for some fresh ideas and names for sandwiches that I'd forgotten about or had never thought of. Most of the paninies in this book can be made by simply reading the name of it, but don't fall for that you may just miss something or add too much or too little and could result in a sandwich that's not as good as (or better than) intended by the author. Give theirs a try first then make your own.
on May 3, 2014
I'm more of a novice when it comes to preparing meals, sandwiches, desserts, and more. But that doesn't mean I don't give it things a try if they look good to eat and nutritious. I like paninis. So much, that I decided to purchase a panini press. After that, I purchased "The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook." I found the book easy to understand and the preparation of paninis simple to make. I also make variations of the sandwiches, adding or deleting ingredients, depending on my taste. This is a cookbook I believe most people will like when they're wanting surefire recipes for paninis.