- Explore more great deals on thousands of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From Publishers Weekly
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
About the Author
Thon Hartmann is the award-winning, best-selling author of fourteen books currently in print in over a dozen languages. An internationally known speaker, his most recent books are The Edison Gene, The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight, Unequal Protection, We the People: A Call to take Back America, and What Would Jefferson Do? His nationally syndicated radio show is currently on Air America and Sirius Satellite Radio.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The discussion of individuals like Banister, Martino, and Morales provides a lot of good information about them and their activities. But, all were involved with various organizations other than the mafia. So why conclude that they were acting on behalf of the mafia?
2. There is a lot of interesting information about David Atlee Phillips and his activities, but to fit the mafia conclusion, it is stated that Phillips' activities were somehow (not clear how) manipulated by the mafia. Seems unlikely.
3. Oswald is said to have been in Mexico City seeking a visa to Cuba as part of a US government plot to kill Castro, with Oswald having some undefined role in that plot. The evidence, documented in Norman Mailer's non-fiction work, Oswald's Tale, that months before that Oswald was seriously considering hijacking a plane to get to Cuba, is ignored in this book. That prior indication of Oswald's desperation to go to Cuba, for personal reasons since no US government mission would attempt to get him to Cuba via a hijacking, would seem to refute the notion of Oswald's motivation provided here. A simple personal motivation would also better explain Oswald's behavior documented by Nechiporenko in Passport to Assassination.
4. I don't really understand the reasoning that the US government covered up the JFK case because mafia figures knew about the planned operations against Cuba.Read more ›
A very satisfied reader
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
(a Browns fan all the way haha)
Waldron presents information in easy to follow pieces, developing a clear and convincing argument for involvement of the CIA with the Mafia in a program that Bobby Kennedy, representing JFK, had ordered stopped. I am left with the awareness of a renegade CIA refusing to follow orders from the President himself.
What impressed me is the message I perceived from Waldron's nonjudgmental reporting, that the Kennedy brothers truly cared about what happened to the Cubans and wanted them to have a fair and democratic government.
Ultimate Sacrifice is well documented and well indexed. I appreciate the attention to detail that went into its production.
I recommend this book for anyone who is interested in a close look at the inner workings of government and a clear understanding of how things can go wrong even with the motive is pure.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Another explanation of the conspiracy, with very credible points. Fascinating reading. Will we ever know the truth?Published 3 months ago by Chemical Jose
This is a long book. It represents the culmination of years of painstaking research into the most brazen murder of all time. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Elcid
Great book!Great product...thanks......all that was promised.Published 5 months ago by Doris Judy O'connor
Perhaps the definitive book on the JFK assassination--or at least one of them.Published 9 months ago by Vincent
What a load of crap. Sorry, but while I believe the mob was involved in the assassination, there is absolutely no way they had the power to make the fed's cover it up. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Lisa Hardy
If accurate, this answers a lot of the questions that remain unresolved in my mind about JFK's death, but WOW is this book a slog. INCREDIBLY dense. Read morePublished 15 months ago by G. Marshall
THIS BOOK WAS VERY INFORMATIVE, THIS IS WHY I PURCHASED THE BOOK IN THE FIRST PLACE. VERY CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENE.Published 23 months ago by Sandra Baird
Why read this very heavy book of nearly eight hundred pages of small case type? Because the researching authors Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann have spent years researching all the... Read morePublished on February 1, 2014 by C. M Mills