5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent carrier
Published on June 14, 2010 by Robert M. Gallant

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy, and I hurt my cat because of it
I used this bag twice. Today I was taking my cat to the vet and as I picked up the bag the strap broke, and my sick cat ended up on the ground.
Published on July 16, 2012 by Skyrocket

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent carrier, June 14, 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Sherpa pet dog cat carrier Bag Medium Red with Black Trim Airline Approved Pet Carrier (Misc.)
Our daughter gave my wife and me, long-term empty nesters, an animal shelter, terrier type little guy who was promptly named Rooney for his shaggy eyebrows. This gave us the problem of taking him back and forth from SC to our summer home in Maine; the Sherpa carrier was the perfect solution. Rooney had to be confined to the Sherpa for almost all of a fourteen hour, weather delayed, two-leg flight. We introduced him to the carrier ten days prior to the flight and he became accustomed to it, particularly being able to stick his head out the top or to look through the ample screen windows, all with roll-down flaps. It fitted very nicely under the seats ahead. The construction was excellent, the weight not excessive, and the waterproof, washable bottom with one inch lip all around was fitted with a nice little mattress on top of a removable, stiff insert that kept the carrier from sagging when being carried. The hand grip handles and shoulder strap were convenient and the d-ring inside handy for retaining the pet while the top or front was fully opened. A long pouch for treats, toys and airline tickets was on one side. You and your pet won't be sorry you bought this Sherpa carrier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable Pet Carrier, July 22, 2010
I read many reviews to help in selecting the right travel carrier. So in return here's my feedback, hope it helps. I purchased the Ultimate Sherpa soft carrier for a first time airline flight for an 11 year old Chihuahua weighing 7lbs 8 ozs. The carrier provided plenty of room, ventilation, and storage for treats, food, toys, blanket, etc. Initial concerns prior to purchase were the size, airline restrictions, style and durability. The product met these requirements and more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Details, March 5, 2010
I just received the medium carrier. This is a very well-made carrier with quality materials and excellent details--it looks great! Dual access from the top and side offers convenient options. The straps are a heavy duty, woven material (shoulder straps detachable) and look like they won't rip or detach from the bag with repeated use. The fabric is very heavy and seems like it will be stain resistant (but probably not stain proof). The flaps roll up nicely to let the pet look through the mesh, which appears to be heavy duty and not easily ripped. The flaps fold down to make a snug "nest" for the pet and to give it privacy from the curious.

I purchased this bag primarily to bring a dachshund puppy home (3 hour flight), and at 8 weeks old, the puppy will barely weigh 3 pounds and will have plenty of room. However, I also have a full grown dachshund who is 12 pounds. This bag claims to fit dogs up to 16 pounds and while my adult dog "fits", it is a little bit tight length-wise for him (and he is not a long dachshund). The interior space is a little smaller than it appears due to the padding on the floor, pockets and such. The puppy is expected to be 8-9 pounds full grown, which I think is the right size for this medium carrier. If I needed to transport the 12 pound dachshund, I would prefer a larger carrier for the dog's comfort.

Overall, I really like it and I believe the puppy will be quite comfy inside, plus I can use it in the car to keep her contained (strap faciliates fastening to seatbelt). I am rating 4 stars out of 5 for two reasons - it is pricey in my opinion (yes, great quality and details but truly think the value is more in $60 range) and also because a 16 pound dog would not be confortable in this carrier. I would think up to 10 pounds would be best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little dogs or cats, January 20, 2011
I recently moved across the country and wanted to take my Chi on board with me. A few airlines will let you take a pet as a carryon, but the size restrictions are a real pain. I looked at 19 or so different carriers before I found something that would work within SouthWests size limits.

This bag is beautifully constructed, sturdy and has alot of flaps for air/privacy. They company also has a on board agreement with the airline and IF for some reason you are denied access on the plane because of the carrier=they will refund your plan fare. (on the Sherpa Website). Taking no chances, I printed off the agreement and took it to the airline counter with me, just in case.

The bag fits perfectly under the Southwest seats (which were smaller in size than other airlines). If you need to fly your pet with you on Southwest, you won't go wrong with this size carrier!

5.0 out of 5 stars ultimate sherpa bag, July 24, 2010
worked great so far. well made, nice looking, good size (fit a shih tzu with extra space and easily fit under the airline seat). also has a nice big pocket on the side and a few smaller ones at the ends. easy to get her in and out and easy to cary. a little expensive, but for me worth some extra money to have the ability to roll the sides up or down (my dog stayed a little quieter when she couldn't see out as much, but i like to have the option to open it up.) i have only used it once so far, but was very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Carrier Ever!!!, August 18, 2013
J.S. "JayJay" (South Florida Beach) - See all my reviews
I have 2 Cats. They both are quite healthy. This carrier will carry my medium cat or the large plump kitty. The medium carrier is wonderful on an airplane as it is the perfect size to fit under the seat in front of you. If you travel often as I do and want to bring either your cat or small dog with you, this is the best carrier ever. It is durable, reliable, comfortable, and can be wiped clean should an accident occur. The Sherpa carrier allows your pet to see you to know they are well taken care of. Of course if it is nap time, this carrier provides privacy as well if desired. I have tried other carriers and they fell apart. I will only own a Sherpa carrier because I know I can count on it to last a lifetime!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat crawled in right away!, July 15, 2013
My big 15 pound cat seems to love this. We had a smaller one but he outgrew it. I like the roll up flaps, and the fuzzy blanket that sits in a trough like thing on the bottom, to keep "leaks" in, I presume? It also has a luggage strap to put it on the handles of the suitcase you are carrying. I bought one, and the Teafco Argo large. I am returning the Teafco because it is SMALLER than this Sherpa Bag. My cats look much more comfortable in this. Hopefully it fits well under the seats on the airplane!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for dog, December 28, 2012
After considerable research, decided on this one. It was perfect. High quality material. Fits under airline seats with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for My Pups!, October 3, 2012
Jade Orchid (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This product was bought for the sole purpose of transporting my two under 15 pound dogs in the cabin of an airlines. The carrier JUST fit under the seats (Delta airlines, first class cabin). Product is well-made and has the ability to provide all-around ventilation, which is important when your furry baby is stashed under the seat in front of you. It came with a 'wool-like' pad for comfort. The price could not be beat; purchased two for the price of one that you'd pay for in a brick and mortar shop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, August 19, 2012
I decided to take my 18 pound terrier/dachshund one year old dog on a 2 hour plane ride. The medium size carrier was the perfect size for her, and she even had room to turn around once the bag was zipped. I appreciated the fact that the bag had flaps that covered the sides and ends so that Jozi couldn't see out. The bag also fit perfectly under the seat in front of me, which was a relief. As I walked through the airport, I had to carry the bag by placing it on my forearms. Jozi wasn't stable when I put the bag over my shoulder, and it was too heavy to carry by the handles. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with this carrier, and it eased my nervousness about flying with a pet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›