5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish Learning Made Easy
I have studied Spanish at the college level before, but since then have not had the opportunity to practice speaking or writing except in informal settings with friends, while traveling, etc. So when I needed to speak with a Spanish client for business, I found my conversation and writing skills somewhat lacking. I turned to "The Ultimate Spanish Review and...
Published on December 26, 1999 by A.T.S., International Consulti...

3.0 out of 5 stars How good is your Spanish ?
Be careful when reading other reviews. When you see that this book is recommended for people who have already taken "a couple of years of Spanish", they must mean four years in high school PLUS a couple of years in college.
The book looks good and the CD is handy, but if your Spanish isn't already pretty good, this book isn't for you. I can carry very basic...
Published on March 7, 2008 by ELF

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb review material, July 21, 2003
wordnrrrd (Asheville, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I'm using "The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice" as an overall brush-up, having recently completed the Pimsleur courses, the two "Spanish Now!" books and Dorothy Devney Richmond's two "Practice Makes Perfect" books. This book is doing an excellent job of tying everything together, particularly with its extensive exercises. Like any good review book, each chapter builds on the ones before it as opposed to introducing a topic, reviewing it, and dropping it for good. And several of the exercises will give your brain a good workout.
I'd quicky recommend this book for someone with a solid basic grasp of the language -- perhaps a second-year student. It may prove to be too advanced for early students of the language, as some concepts (such as commands) appear in exercises several chapters before they're actually reviewed.
All-in-all, an excellent resource

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Study Guide, July 5, 2006
I needed something tht would prepare me for a Spanish exam and ordered several books just to play it safe. As it turns out, The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice by Ronni L Gordon proved to be the only book I needed. It contained everything I needed to brush up on my Spanish, reading, grammer, and even practice lessons to reinforce what was learned. The formatting was great because I also learned numerous facts that I would not have had the opportunity to discover otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for a refresher and grammar drills, March 5, 2006
Earthnut (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I took a summer of intensive Spanish 7 years ago and have traveled to Spanish speaking countries 2 times, but I have not kept up my study of the language until recently. I checked this book out of the library and found it so useful that I'm planning to buy it. It has lots of drills on verbs and grammar, but you may need a dictionary to look up words you don't know as many instrustions are in Spanish and there is no glossary in the back. It's definately not for beginners; it assumes you have basic vocabulary and goes into more detail than a beginner would be able to absorb.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to brush up on your Spanish, September 23, 2002
I took Spanish in high school and did not have to take it all through college, so I am pretty rusty. I picked up this book and it has really brought alot of what I learned back to my rememberance while reviewing concepts. Even when relating basic concepts, this book does not insult the skill level of a more advanced learner. It is very challenging and great for someone who wants to get back into speaking Spanish again.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this book, August 16, 2005
pvel (jonesboro, arkansas, usa) - See all my reviews
i am learning spanish as an adult. i have seen a lot of spanish books that are marginally useful. this one is packed with grammar and is presented in a useful and interesting way. it is too advanced for a complete beginner, but once you have mastered the basics this book will take you to the next few levels.

i highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy / great aid, March 16, 2004
By A Customer
Fantastic buy! Avoid this book if you have had NO experience in Spanish. However, if you've even had a little experience (through classes,etc.) then this is a MUST buy. While so many Spanish books try to make you "get by" in Spanish (teaching you how to reserve a room at a hotel, or order from a restaurant), this type of book is great for people who really want to LEARN the language. I wish they had one for Catalan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars isn't high enough - Fantastic value for money, September 3, 2005
Bookworm "bookworm" (Thornhill, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
If like me, you're studying Spanish for the enjoyment of learning a new language, or if you're studying for credit, this book is a terrific companion to your textbook. The grammar notes are thorough, clear and logical, and the examples very helpful. There are lots of good exercises, and the 'nota culturales' are interesting and helpful in understanding hispanic cultures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best material I have found, January 26, 2003
Cora L. Walker (Columbia, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This is the book for anyone looking to get the practice needed at the intermediate level. Brief grammar descriptions are followed by challenging activities that help the learner to master the material. I have purchased way too much learning software and books in the last two years but this is one of those buys that I would highly recommend. After completing this book I felt very confident with verb tenses and vocabulary. If you see this book and your finished with the basic begining courses purchase and get ready to advance with each chapter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for bright beginners!, February 20, 2006
Brenopa "bsmith376" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This is not an introductory book, but it can be used if you have really bright students. It breaks down the language into usuable parts. If you find it too advanced, just go at a slower pace, and spend more time on each exercise.

3.0 out of 5 stars Important Review and Information, October 16, 2001
This book has the exact same content as another book that I own called Repaso. However this book is in a smaller size format and does not have the space for the exercises. I would recommend purchasing Repaso and the answer key unless you need a smaller format for reference only. In addition, Repaso has some reference material that is omitted from this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice w/CD-ROM (UItimate Review & Reference Series)
Used & New from: $0.35