Ultimate Spider-Man Limited Edition - PlayStation 2
|Price:||$99.99 + $3.99 shipping|
- Experience a living comic-book illustrated with 3D Comic Inking Technology that literally brings the comic to life
- Massive, free-roaming environments deliver a deep adventure with a variety of challenging missions
- Two distinct combat systems allow players to defeat enemies differently, using Spider-Man's fluid & acrobatic moves or Venom's brute force
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The game's expanded, free-roaming environments deliver a deep adventure with a variety of challenging missions, diverse game play, and an improved combat system that allows players to face off against the largest number of characters from the Spider-Man universe ever assembled in one video game.
- Play as Spider-Man and Venom in an original storyline.
- For the first time in a Spider-Man game, gamers get to play both sides as they triumph over evil as Spider-Man and assume the role of the super-villain Venom, rampaging through Manhattan as they destroy everything in their path.
- The two distinct combat systems allow players to defeat enemies differently, using Spider-Man's fluid, acrobatic moves or Venom's brute force.
- Experience a living comic book with the innovative 3D Comic Inking Technology.
- Unique animated comic-book panels move the story along.
- Move through a detailed environment and sense danger from multiple perspectives.
- Prepare for an all-new, feature-packed adventure with classic comic-book elements.
- Deepest Spider-Man game ever
- Expanded free-roaming environment includes the addition of Queens.
- Enhanced combat system lets players use the environment to pull off exciting new moves.
- More Spider-Man universe characters than ever before.
- Story and illustration by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley, the force behind the comic-book series.
- All-new story is revealed as the game picks up where the comic book left off.
Platform: PlayStation2 | Edition: Limited
Top Customer Reviews
Ultimate Spidey is a great follow up to Spider-man 2. But hardly an advancement or improvement on what Spidey 2. If anything it takes a couple steps back. It's suprisingly different from predecssor. These differences are both its strengths and its weakness. The controls for starters are much more simple... which means web-slinging is a breeze, but that also means that it's not nearly as spectacular as it was in Spidey 2. All the air tricks, slinging stunts, cool web attacks, and combat nuances of Spidey 2 are not here. This is a reflection of the gameplay as a whole as well. Crimes to solve are few and far between, there are no citizens to get missions from, no minigames, nothing but races, battle tours, and story missions... which are nothing more than a chase scene and a boss battle. The gameplay is very bare bones, without being totally so. 10 hours tops is how long it took me for my first play through. This feels more like an old Final Fight style SNES Spidey game at times, rather than a follow up the awesome Spidey 2.
Now, on the other hand, while you don't get to really feel what it's like to be in Spidey's tights, you do get to take on some spectacular boss battles and chases. They're about all there is, but they're awesome for what they are. The story is awesome, albeit there are some questionable loose plot threads. the story goes by in the blink of an eye, but with excellent presentation. It plays out like animated comic book panels. What Ang Lee tried to do with the Hulk movie, but failed miserably.Read more ›
Gameplay wise this is as easy as it gets,I have not played a Spider-man game since the original 3D spider-man came out for the PS1 (and that was a demo to boot) After the first mission I got a hang of the controls no problem.
The graphics of USM although from 2005 still look great as they were cel-shaded,giving a more cartoon look (cel-shaded graphics hold up a lot better than regular 3D graphics do) There is a little bit of slowdown on the PS2 version though nothing that will really affect gameplay.
The story of USM is pretty good for a spidey game and although bare-bones gets the job done (I've had way worse). My only complaint with USM is that its really short,it took me (a novice spider-man player) only 5 hours to beat it! The silver lining is that this game is so cheap now (I found the limited edition for the same price as standard-only $15!Read more ›
Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the new generation of games that seek to change all that. Not only is the comic exciting - maybe a bit simplistic, but well-written, well-drawn, and fun - but so is this game. In fact, they took character designs from the USM artist (Mark Bagley) and script cues from the series' writer (Brian Bendis), making the experience as tightly integrated with the comic as you can get.
And the game engine is no slouch. The controls are easy to learn (and re-learn, if you happen to wait months between plays like I did), the camera shifts intuitively, and the web-slinging is both fun and natural. If I played this game for more than 2 hours at a time, I got a little motion sickness - but that taught me to limit my playtime, so it didn't hamper my enjoyment.
The setup is fairly simple: there is a main storyline that cuts back and forth between missions for Spider-Man and Venom. You also get time to do side missions as Spider-Man (such as saving pedestrians and the like). It took me a few tries at some missions, but they didn't require special skill to beat. And even though my gameplay was stretched out over the better part of a year, I felt the game was pretty short overall. The post-game replay value isn't so hot, except for a Venom mini-game where you run around and smash stuff, but that can get old fast. Kids are bound to enjoy this title, but experienced gamers will probably beat this in a few days.
You can figure out where you fall in this range of gaming experience. I'm a lifelong, lately-sporadic gamer without a lot of skill, and I love Spider-Man, so this was well worth the money.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What can I say I bought this cuz I'm a collector. The extra features unfortunately are not impressive or interesting if you get this acknowledge that you really are obit going to... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Shaul
I ordered the limited edition and got the regular one.Published 12 months ago by Michael Arnold Ruiz
If you have played any Spider-Man game, then u have wanted to roam the streets of Manhattan or web-swing through the city traffic, and plus battle villains and save NYC one step at... Read morePublished on May 9, 2013 by Elijah Hummel
Really great game kinda hard but i beat it in three days. Spider-man is a really good superhero.
I like the free roam aspect.
Truly amazing experience, swinging thru New York as spider-man the one and only has never been as much fun as it is in ultimate spider-man. Read morePublished on July 27, 2012 by Slap Happy
Do you want to go to New York City? Well your in luck! The game is just like new york city. Fight bosses,adventure through New York City,destroy things,and chase peolpe,and... Read morePublished on January 3, 2007