Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Platform: Xbox|Edition: Standard|Change

on October 26, 2005
Ultimate Spider-Man started out alright. It was more fun to play Venom than Spider-Man. The problem is that the game because redundent. There are two types of mission aside from the storyline for Spider-man. You have to finish so many mission to advance to the next story plot -either fight a villain or play Venom-. But the missions are all the same you fight some minor criminals that you can take out with three hits without any real damage; even if they're armed. The other mission is a race, which can be fun. But fighting the main becomes a problem. Not only are there annoy races to catch up to a villain after he runs -and you can't attack him during the chase-. But the way for defeating them becomes the same. You jump around waiting for the point that you can attack for a few hits, jump back, continue jumping around avoiding attacks, hit them again, jump around some more, etc. etc. It got to the point that fightening the Beetle as Venom was simply frustrating and I lost interest.

I would suggest renting this game if anything, but don't spend the money to buy it unless you actually like it.
on October 8, 2005
I was looking forward to this game! I was dissapointed! Ultimate Spiderman from the looks of things looks really cool, and would be if it weren't for the Spider-Man 2 movie game.

CONNECTION TO THE COMIC: Launched five years ago, the Ultimate Spiderman comic put the wall crawler back to his roots. Once again, Peter Parker's a high school kid who becomes The Spiderman. Treyarch decided to make the next SM game in the style of this comic, and does a good job at that also. It has all the things that the comic has, including the revamped super-villains, one of the most changed characters is the Green Goblin, who really looks like the Hulk with horns. As a comic book game this game is great, but not exelent.

THE GRAPHICS: One of USM's high pints is the graphics and the style of the cut-scenes. The game focuses on a cell-shaded style of graphics which really makes the game look like a comic. The cut-scenes are one of the best parts of the game, which i always looked forward to. Its hard to explain the cut-scenes in words but the trailer for the game is a good example.

CHARACTER 1, SPIDERMAN: Playing as Spiderman is fun but not as fun as in Spiderman 2 the game. You can only use your web to swing around the city and to tie up your enemies. The combat system is not based on combinations, but on a hit-quick-and-back-off method of fighting, which is actually more fun than it seems. Swinging around the city is fun, but not as fun as it was in SM2. The sense of speed is lost, even with all the upgrades achieved through racing against the Jonny Storm.

CARACTER 2, VENOM: Playing as Venom sound cool? Not really. If you know Venom, you know that he's supposed to be able to swing around on his own type web. Does he? No. You might also know that his costume is supposed to have a spider on it. One of the cool points of venom is the ability to take any human you like and feed on them to gain helth. Fighting as Veom seems fun at first, but gets repetitive. As I mentioned before, you can not swing like Venom should. Instead you jump. Really high. Fun, but once again sets repetitive. You can not free-roam until the game is complete.

STORY: A great sttory if you ask me, but just when you think it started, the game is over. This game is way, way to short. But what you get is good. The main story follows Venom and his suit. It includes little side apearences from super-villains that have nothing to do with the story, like Rhino. The Boss fights are the good old patern style fights (Villan is invincible, gets stuck in a wall, vincible.).

ENDING THOUGHTS: The Ultimate Spiderman is overall a great game, even with its many flaws it is woth picking up or at least renting.
on October 12, 2005
Ultimate Spider-Man has to be the best Spider-Man based game I have ever played, and I have played a lot. It takes the best parts of Spider-Man 2 and puts them in here along with some more stuff.

Nothing much to be said that hasn't been said here already. The game is extremely fun, but it does have two downsides to it. One thing is that some parts are very difficult, this ain't a game for kids when it comes to this being an easy game, because it's not. You'll find yourself dying a lot on different bosses or having to start over because the guy you have to chase runs away. Some of it can become agravating.

Another thing that is wrong with the game is how short it is. I beat the entire game in 5 hours and 7 minutes, and someone I know beat it in 4 hours and 34 minutes. Needless to say, the game is short, but sweet. For that reason, it's not worth $50. If only it lasted eight hours I would have been satisfied. Oh well.

Overall, the game is great, it's fantastic! The only problem are the two I mentioned

1. Bosses are not easy, and can be frustrating

2. It's short
on January 4, 2006
I got this game for Christmas and I think it is much better than the original "Spider Man" games that are based on the movies.I like how they let you be not only Spider Man,but Venom also.And another thing is,the booklet that comes with it is much more easy to understand.I definately reccomend this game for anyone who likes Spider Man,Action,or Good Super Hero Games!
on October 10, 2015
Classic Spidey game. Probably my favorite after Spider-Man 2 for the ps2. The Amazing Spider-Man for xbox one is also gret despite what people say. If you're a spidey fan you're going to enjoy this game as well as the others i mentioned.
on February 17, 2006
I tend to enjoy gritty games with adult themes. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I find Ultimate Spiderman addictive. Its just a simple, fun game, with excellent visual and gameplay design. Its not the toughest game in the world, but if you're a fan of comicbooks in general, and Spiderman in particular, you can't help but have fun playing it. The web slinging mechanics are phenomenl (if you've ever dreamed of being spiderman), and the voice acting is entertaining, if a bit cheesy. Overall, its a great game to pick up and play for an hour at a time.
on September 24, 2014
This is rediculas! 80!? Was the seller smoking crack? I used to have this game back on GameCube. And it was awesome. I love the option to play as venom! So I got an xbox 7 years later and said: hey. Why don't I buy ultimate Spiderman for Xbox 360? And so I looked to Amazon and.... This?.. This game isint worth 80 bucks. It's awesome and all but I don't think its worth 80 freaking dollers. My allowance isint even that high! Fix this to some where around 10 or 20 bucks. Cause again... 80?... Ugh. Gimme a break.
on March 1, 2012
This game is fantastic. The graphics are amazing for xbox. It genuinely looks like the actual comic book in motion. The story is interesting. There are lots of cool enemies to fight. Playing as Venom is very fun. I personally like it better than the other Spider-man games for xbox. It's great for younger gamers and older gamers. I recommend it, but buy it used. It's not worth $50.
on March 10, 2016
I have always loved this game. This one and Spider-Man 2 are the two best Spider-Man games. Very similar and yet very different. In this one you get a great sense of a young Peter Parker. And on the flip side, you get to play as Venom through half of the game. Well more like 30 to 35% of it. It is still Spider-Man's game, after all.
on September 26, 2014
I found this game to be an improvment over Spiderman 2. It took me into the fantasy world, had tougher missions, used the idea of an open world better and was a lot of fun. The open world idea worked better here as the design mattered a lot more when doing the missions, bonus games and hero work. Also the hero work was better as you now had to do variety and they got you more confortable with the controls and thinking before you act. And I did feel like I got a satisfying reward for doing the hero work as the bosses were a lot harder here.
That however is the game big weakness, the bosses levels 12 onward were pretty hard for me to beat and the guide isn't the best at describing strategies to beat them. Still I found this game to be a lot of fun and I love it.