Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on July 8, 2014
Solid keyboard stand for serious players! Ditch that X stand and move up to a table type stand. Your keys will not move and your playing will improve immediately. And your pedals will be in the correct position, under the keyboard and not to the side. If you have always used an X stand, give this a try and you will never go back.
Height and width adjustable, good for mixers too. Table legs also have levelers in the feet, uneven floors are no problem!
on December 23, 2014
I've been playing keyboards since I was in 2nd grade. I've played a lot of pianos, organs, synths, stage pianos, and electronic keyboards. The heavier the instrument, the more stable a base you require. The best stand I've used for oversized keyboards was the Ultimate Support APEX model, although if you only use one keyboard, a stand that supports two is overkill (and looks terrible when you don't need the extra height on the stand sticking out). Also have had the misfortune of using X-brace stands (both single and dual bracing) to support heavy workstations like my Korg Triton Extreme 88. Tried some of the Z-frame and U-shaped stands, but almost all of them have tendency to wobble under the weight of a keyboard like the Extreme88. Forget putting those kinds of stands on uneven surfaces or carpets, or you'll add some high-stress tension to your playing as the keyboard rocks and rolls.

While the stand isn't perfect (what is perfection, and what cost does it come at), it is by far the best platform for a heavy keyboard like the Extreme88, or oversized gear cases I'm sure I could probably use this in place of the screw-in Fender Rhodes legs those pianos favored, although I might consider permanently mounting this stand to the Rhodes case itself, since it has fold-out legs. Would definitely have to find the right balance point under the Rhodes, but the idea is definitely possible.

With respect to the comments from other buyers regarding the top surface being smooth metal (no bumpers, cushions, or other protective material) - I plan to either use rubberized shelf liner, or recycle a yoga mat and attach it with silicon glue to the top frame, or use some other appropriate material with the proper bonding agent. Not entirely sure whether I would apply the material to the entire frame surface, or parts of the frame where the keyboard would rest.
on February 12, 2015
Does not fit the Yamaha 88 key P series 105B keyboard as the bottom of this keyboard is a sort "boat hull shape" like a "V" with the point chopped off, the size of which is too long & wide to fit between the gap in the frame of this stand. This problem can be overcome by a trip to a hardware warehouse store and a subsequent purchase of appropriately sized metal tubing to extend the length of the table. There are chrome rods within this stand which can be unscrewed and replaced with the replacements aforementioned. If your keyboard is flat-bottomed, this stand will accommodate adequately. It is sturdy enough for what it is, but not tremendously sturdy. The negative aspect is really just that the depth is too shallow to accommodate a great variety of keyboards. As it does not fit all keyboards universally, measure your instrument before ordering.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on May 5, 2014
I had a X keyboard stand.Somehow I was feeling that something was wrong..After reading reviews about this product I decided to give it a try. After setting up the stand, which is as easy as a breeze, I noticed a big, big difference.The stand was firm , and no vibrations, or shaking. I have a wood floor, and noticed that one base was not completely touching the floor, but thanks to this stand, you can turn the knobs at the base, and make the stand completely touch the floor. Now I feel that I am playing a piano, the way that a piano is so still on the floor. and I feel much more comfortable playing the keyboard, A big , big difference.. The stand feels sturdy , and firm, besides it has a nice design.
on October 1, 2013
The stand puts my Yamaha P-105 awfully high for me, at 5'2". I expected to be able to sit in a chair and reach the keys. I adjusted the stand up even higher to work with a medium height counter stool for my 6' tall friends, and that worked for them. The stand does support the piano and you get leg room. If you want to stand and play, it would be fine. Tip: A couple strips of rubberized shelf liner under the piano holds the piano securely on the stand. If I played a lot, which I do not, I would look for another solution. I would love to make this work. If anybody has another suggestion, please let me know.
on October 1, 2013
If you want a heavy solid stand for your keyboard or mixer, this is it.
Its made of steel not aluminum. One problem was that the stand comes with no bumpers or pads on the top so your keyboard will slide around until you buy some and install them yourself.
on December 10, 2012
I have never bought a piano stand before. I use to practice on my little keyboard before we got our real piano so I practiced with it on a table for only a short time. Years after quitting piano, I didn't really want to work around the tv watching schedule in our family. Since our piano is in the living room. (Sorry for the story) So I pulled out my ole trusty keyboard and ordered a stand.

Since this is my first stand ever, I don't have anything to compare this too, but... I can say with all certainty it does not easily fall over. Plenty of leg room, and practically assembled before you even open the box. Literally just had to straighten the legs and I was done.

If you're wanting to add a sustain pedal like I wanted to, I think this stand is a must.
The X stands just don't look pedal friendly. Or leg friendly for that matter.

All in all, great stand for the price. You may feel like your wallet is getting ransacked, but I'm glad I bought this. The best stand I've ever seen! Even thought I've only personally seen two kinds.
on April 27, 2014
I had one of those X stands... and having long legs....
THIS stand is very sturdy, tall, adjustable, foldable... highly recommend it..
on September 20, 2014
Fits in a 88 key i am using it on a Akai MPK 88. Its strong not wobbly and can be adjusted up or out. Only complaint is there is no rubber on top just the plain metal and can scratch you keyboard so i recommend putting rubber mousepad under or something. Legs do fit in fine even on all chairs.
on January 31, 2015
This is a very sturdy stand that is easy to assemble even though there are no setup instructions. The most significant issue I have is that there is no way to actually secure the keyboard to the stand. There are openings in the base of the stand, but these are too large to use screws or something similar (there were no screws or bolts included in the box and the keyboard I have does not fit into the frame). I probably will use heavy duty velcro to keep the keyboard from falling off should anyone bump into the stand.