Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on December 11, 2003
I was expecting a book with good turkey recipes with marinades and rubs, but instead it is recipes that you need to buy the authors own marinades and rubs. Evidently this guy started the Cajun Injector marinades and seasoning and the recipes say things like, use one jar of our marinade and one can of our seasoning and use our injector. There are a grand total of 9 turkey recipes in a book that has 192 pages. All the other recipes are for different side dishes and some desserts. Don't waste your money on this book. It was a big dissappointment.
on February 5, 2006
I bought this book hoping to get a better understanding of how to cook with a turkey fryer, and got some good recipes in the process. Despite what has been previously posted, nearly half of the 160 recipes are for main courses. I was also unbothered by the self-promotion, having been forwarned. Besides you could easily substitute another seasoning or marinade if you didn't want or couldn't find the author's.

My major disappointment was that there was next to nothing unique to using a turkey fryer, save one page on actually frying a turkey. I was more interested in using this appliance to cook fish and chicken for large groups at church and other places. While it had plenty of recipes for fish, chicken, fries, funnel cakes, etc., it didn't even include such basic info as how much oil to use for these recipes (surely not the five gallons required for a turkey.) I would have liked to have know what advantages this appliance would have over a regular fryer. Would adding extra oil allow me to cook more than four pieces of fish at one time? I still have no idea.

With a title like "The Ultimate Turkey Fryer Book," I expected more, although having bought it for about $5.00 including postage on Amazon's used section, I got what I paid for.
on June 11, 2012
Great recipes abound in this well illustrated cookbook. It is exciting to see how many things BESIDES turkey you can make in the fryer including: shrimp, chicken, veggies, etc. A must have if you have a turkey fryer. The price was excellent and delivery as well.
on December 8, 2011
Far ranging creative "turkey fryer" recipies for only about $11; buy it. Amazon also offers two other valuable, low cost books that will expand your "turkey fryer" usage: "Fearless Frying" by Taylor, plus "103 Uses for your Turkey Fryer".
on February 22, 2004
One star off for the author touting his own rubs and marinades. Aside from that, this is one of the best cookbooks I've seen for deep frying in general - especially if you love onion blooms and begneits. The turkey frying instructions are very safety-oriented and we got great results. Every recipe is carefully given for the best breading and frying technique for the particular food. Our family has passed around one copy of this book for several months now while waiting to buy our own copies. Highly recomended!
on January 29, 2014
Book has some great recipes. My turkey fryer is an electric so I have adjusted several recipes to meet the capability of my fryer. I would wholeheartedly recommend this cookbook for propane fired cookers. Temperature and cooking times are about the same. The amount of food to be cooked need to be adjusted for the electric cooker. Finally the cookbook is of value to both cookers.
on December 27, 2012
Easy to follow.great recipes. I can't wait to try more of the recipes. I got to cook with my husband
on January 3, 2015
It would be fun if these people told you "After the use of your greasy ass oil you will need to dispose of it". I used it----and I asked my local garbage man how to get rid of it, he said "You will need to go 20 miles to the landfill", In California, I thought they recycled. No chance. Peanut Oil.---Super expensive!

The best Turkey I have ever tasted. I bought a 50 gallon drum at Costco, and bought a smaller deep fryer. The chicken is what it should be, delicious!

Where can we get rid of the old oil? That would be perfect!---------
on October 30, 2013
Filled with good stories, the background of the author, his family, their restaurants, and how Cajun Injector (a staple at our house during the holidays) came into being. Can't wait for my new turkey fryer to arrive next week so I can try these recipes out!! I got a great deal on the book. It was a "Bargain Book" but arrived in almost pristine condition. The only mark on the book was a crease in the front cover.... something I can live with, no problem. For under $6, you can't beat that with a stick!!!! Thank you Amazon!
on January 3, 2016
Not sure if the cookbook is good or not. I do know I paid $13.23 for a new cookbook and it came with $6 stickers plastered on the front and back. That should look nice when I give it as a birthday gift. I feel ripped off by Amazon.
review image