- File Size: 256 KB
- Print Length: 180 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0962833029
- Publisher: UBH Publications Inc (October 1, 2000)
- Publication Date: October 1, 2000
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0068B3QTM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #437,812 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.95|
Save $6.96 (47%)
Ultra Black Hair Growth II 2000 Edition Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
I wrote the original review for this book 10 years ago- wow! I've changed the rating from 2 to 4 stars, for a few reasons:
1. Not sure I conveyed this in the first review, but the 1st edition was a magical book. The idea of good care for black hair had never occurred to me, and it was an awakening. This was the first book of it's kind on the market, and started a revolution. I'm incredibly grateful to the author for that.
2. It's hard to rank this book. At the time the first edition came out, it was easily a 5. Didn't like the current edition as much (as stated below). The first just had this more fun vibe and I enjoyed reading it over and over again, and included a recipe for conditioner. Years later, there is a lot of amazing info out there - black hair care forums about growing long hair, youtube channels with black women with long hair sharing their tips, black long hair blogs, etc. I might put the 1st edition at a 3-4 today - a good read, worth a purchase, but not a complete resource (which is fine- you'll probably want to read/see lots of things to learn your own hair).
3. What is good about this book, and why you should consider purchasing it: it lays out some basic, simple rules for black hair growth. Growing long hair for black women is preventing damage, keeping the hair moisturized, and avoiding cutting too much.
With this book, I was able to grow my hair to past collarbone length (which was a big improvement). I'm happy to report that after I discovered black long hair care forums, my hair is now touching WAISTLENTH and still growing! My hair is the longest, healthiest, and thickest it has ever been!Read more ›
I do know that there were NO SHAMBOOSIES or Bamboosies 15 years ago who were writing intelligent guidelines to care for the hair of black women.
CATHY HOWSE is the FIRST author to seriously address and dispel the myths and the subculture attitudes of black hair grooming and growing. The other epigones are too late as far as I am concerned.
I have had professional hairstylists and hairdressers "take care" of my hair all my adolescent and adult life. I was so afraid to wash it by myself. I just scurried off to the hairdresser once or twice a week; had relaxers placed according to THEIR schedules and followed their "advice" to the letter. After all, they were "professionals". Yet, my hair remained less than 3 inches in length. That is, until I happened to stumble on to Cathy's book on Amazon.com this past August. The book literally CHANGED MY LIFE!!! It has become my bible and my daily guide. Her website is also awesome. There are many questions that she answers on her website that do not appear in the book ([...] I have ordered her products and the products of others, including Dudley, Motions and Pantene. Believe me, her products are FAR SUPERIOR than those offered by the other hair companies. She really has done her homework!! Some may find them expensive, but, "you get what you pay for". The only question that should be asked is, "Does this product promote the healthy growth of my hair?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very informative and came straight to the point. Provided important information when transitioning to natural hairstyles. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Karen T. Hicks
Good book and read but doesn't tell you much on how to care for your hair. I understand you do not want to endorse any particular vendor but this book just continue to inform you... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Shana L. Smith
So I've read most reviews about this book on every possible source of information regarding black hair care - and the thing that stands out for me about this book is the easy read... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Thabi
From many of the statements in the text it appears as if Cathy is going to talk about ingredients she feels are necessary in products. Read more
Cathy Howse book is good read with good tips. She has tips on everything you need to know and do for hair growth with or without chemicals.Published 5 months ago by Ms Opinionated
I have been on my hair journey for about a year and a half now but after reading this book. I know exactly what I was missing in my hair journey and truly believe my hair will... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Soleil
I JUST FINISHED READING THE BOOK, I WILL TRY ALL THE SUGGESTIONS AND SEE IF THE CONDITION OF MY HAIR IMPROVE.Published 6 months ago by Emily V. Worrell