Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 499 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2011 11:04:47 PM PDT
Matt D. says:
It says that the digital copy that comes with this is "Ultra-Violet" which I had never heard of before, but apparently it streams to your devices. Will it still come with a regular digital copy that I can use on my iPod classic 6th gen?

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 7:00:40 AM PDT
The Green Lantern disc I just got had Ultraviolet digital copy and it only works through the Flixster service. You can't load it in iTunes. If you don't want to use the Flixster service, I would recommend not purchasing this version. If they aren't going to support iTunes, then I'm not paying for the digital copy versions...

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 10:29:25 AM PDT
JohnB says:
every new Warner Bros bluray that comes with a digital copy are using this flixster service. dumb as hell. if you need more info on this crap go to the horrible bosses bluray reviews and look at the 1 stars.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 10:52:05 PM PDT
J. Sheer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 9:45:50 AM PDT
If the ability to use the digital copy is important to you and you feel "duped" or like the "digital copy" advertisement was misleading, return it as defective or not-as-described. The only way WB will listen is if you return (and in the future don't purchase) movies that only have UV digital copies.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 11:49:06 AM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
WB is doing shady things in the video game realm too! The recently released Batman: Arkham City has a code that unlocks the Catwoman playable parts. They are already on the disc, the code just unlocks it. The purpose of this is to get people to buy new instead of used, as most used copies will have had this code used by the previous owner. Not exactly as shady as a useless "digital copy" that only STREAMS to a couple of compatible devices. Now to have a real Digital Copy you either have to buy one from WB, if that is possible, or rip your own which is illegal. It seems that WB is trying to make their customers pay for things that would/should have already been included. They don't seem to care about their customers in the slightest. Seriously does anybody here have a device that is compatible with this Ultra Violet nonsense? And if you do, what is your data plan limit?

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 10:17:18 PM PDT
Mac Lover says:
I cancel my order and just went with the one disc blu ray.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 7:37:21 AM PDT
J. Butler says:
The only problem is, the single bluray has no special features. :(

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 3:07:32 PM PDT
Caleb Pierce says:
Rip the movie from the DVD using the free program DVDShrink, and then used a built in profile in the free program Handbrake to convert it to an iPod format movie file :D

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 12:29:32 PM PDT
It comes with a regular DVD disc and an Ultra Viloet Disc?

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 4:35:05 PM PDT
Jay Schufman says:
Ultraviolet is not a disc or a digital copy! Ultraviolet is an app to stream video from their website! And-- it doesn't work! The whole thing is a rip-off! I had to check this out when I bought Green Lantern! There is NO DIGITAL COPY!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 5:52:29 PM PDT
It says the format is DVD. So I am not going to get a DVD that I can play???

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 7:10:59 PM PDT
Kir Kanos TN says:
Basically if you want to watch it on your portable device, you have to have access to Wifi streaming AND then it expires within 3 - 5 years depending on the movie. The only thing this app is missing is the "CR" before it. Ultra Violet is Ultra USELESS for portable devices. I'm sure it has potential, but they shouldn't have released it before they had the bugs worked out. And Apple is basically sitting back waiting for it to implode, which it's on track to. Way to go WB!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 7:45:21 PM PDT
Cesar Zuniga says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011 1:17:58 AM PDT
J. Sheer says:
PS there pulling all the harry potter movies off the shelves Dec. 29th there doign a vault harry potter Ala Disney Copiers. I love WB in my Roger Rabbit but now there just being stupidly annoying and not to mention they still need to do a 7.1 and 7.2 ultimate Blu ray....

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 1:28:14 AM PDT
rareoopdvds says:
Because Warner owns Flixster, it sounds like Warner is trying to circumvent standardized streaming or downloading (i.e. iTunes, Amazon) by creating their own content based formula, integrating a socialized website that they own, and their own proprietary media for you to watch the movie. This cuts out any payouts to those other companies and they have bigger profits. Yet at the same time, reviews show that the quality and experience is as unfriendly as humanly possible. Like everyone is saying - avoid UltraViolet. Seems a waste, especially if you are buying the DVD to do it. Just pop in the DVD and quality will be better anyway.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 9:52:41 AM PDT
Movie Monkey says:
I agree with many of you. This is terrible. I bought Horrible Bosses and was frustrated that the digital copy is a streaming version. This means I have to be somewhere there is wireless, if not, I can't watch it. So if I want to watch it on certain planes, or in a hotel that makes me pay for wireless, I am out of luck. This is dumb.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 2:42:51 PM PDT
OK, Call me dumb... but, AM I GOING TO GET A DVD AND a code or something that I can "stream" or JUST the streaming?
I've read all these posts and can't make heads or tails out of this.
I want to buy the DVD for my grandson but he doesn't have an android/ipad thingy to stream on ...
What am I to do???

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 4:45:42 PM PDT
Movie Monkey says:
If you buy the product, you get the DVD. The streaming just comes with it as a code, however it is not required to use it.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 11:21:38 AM PDT
Yeah, if this isn't going to work in iTunes, then I'm just going to take the DVD version and use Handbrake to make my own digital copy. I don't care what the MPAA has paid off lawmakers to make "illegal", I'll watch the movies that I paid for any way I want, thank you very much.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 12:10:41 PM PDT
DrXenos says:
Right on, Kevin! The media companies and the lawmakers they've paid for are getting ridiculous!

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 12:25:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2011 5:59:26 AM PDT
Reynaldo says:
UltraViolet Digital System, Is very well explained in Wikipedia. It also states that all the major movie studios will use the new format, except for Apple and Disney at this time. My concern is that in my area I have problems with slow streaming speeds and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Also Internet Providers are now placing limits on usage or charging more for their service. Make the player manufacturers all agree on one file format, since this is their reason for the new system. This will instead force us to stop buying digital copies and using software to create what we want. I will no longer buy sets that include UltraViolet Digital Copies. I do not want to add 2 to 5 different programs, countless cookies and more passwords to my laptop, just to play my digital movies which I may or may not have access to depending on the weather, my location or provider overload. This is also another way for Big Brother to moniter what and how often we watch certain media.
If you Google UltraViolet System then look for the Wikipedia Link You will see this Statement. UltraViolet is developed and deployed by the 70-plus members of the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem consortium, which includes film studios, retailers, consumer electronics manufacturers, cable companies, ISPs, network hosting vendors, and other Internet systems and security vendors. Apple and Disney do not support this format

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2011 7:35:18 AM PDT
rareoopdvds says:
Sounds like a way for Studios to create additional control over their content, and maybe lockout third party companies like Apple, Netflix and Amazon. I don't know. But I ain't buyin'.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 3:01:28 AM PDT
I also am boycotting the Ultraviolet digital copy. If they are not going to support Itunes then I would rather buy an Apple TV and purchase the Itunes only version. I purchased Green Lantern with the Ultraviolet digital copy and it has been such a negative experience I will never buy another one. I am locked out of the Ultraviolet website. I have to stream thru flikster and that is if I am connected to wifi, otherwise my podunk town does not have 3g service so no streaming for me. So until things change thats my 2 cents.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2011 12:15:27 PM PDT
Thank you! So, for those who just want to watch the movie in their living room on their old fashioned TV by popping a physical DVD into a normal DVD player, this version is fine. Right? I'll have access by some code and shady operation to some other kind of service that I don't have to use. But the bottom line is that, when I buy the Deathly Hollows Part 2 (+ Ultraviolet Digital Copy), I will actually have a disc in my hands as well. Right?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9ca035f4)

This discussion

Participants:  183
Total posts:  499
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions