Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 503 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 30, 2011 1:31:12 PM PDT
Avoid UltraViolet like the plague. When this DRM initiative fails Warner Brothers will turn off the UV DRM server then your well spent money will be lost to another failed attempt at over reaching DRM that punishes the buyer.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2011 6:13:08 PM PDT
Brax says:
No, if you want to download it to your computer to watch it without streaming you have to download a software first, the movie can only play on that software. UltraViolet is not compatibel with itunes.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 11:27:09 AM PDT
V. Thompson says:
I just pre-ordered a copy of the movie from Amazon's UK site. The Bluray disk is region free and comes with a standard version of the digital copy. It does come out almost a month later, but its not a big deal. At least its before Christmas for those looking to buy as a gift.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 7:37:44 PM PDT
JMM says:
I agree with everyone about the Ultraviolet digital copy -- I am upset that it will not work for iTunes.

But... I will still purchase this item. Remember that the digital copy is just one part of this purchase. While the Ultraviolet issue is aggravating, I think what most of us are really interested in is the Blu-Ray.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 4:49:19 AM PDT
bookfinder says:
it doesn't really bother me though... I'll tamper with it when I get the movie and see if it can be converted or anything.... i havn't actually worked with the ultraviolet digi copy yet... I think they changed it because people were complaining about how if it's an itunes file it's copy righted to work only with itunes. Like they wanted to be able to make it work with all the devices instead of just the ipod... I think if you had another player that you can transfer the file usb through or even like the ps3, then you can copy it and it should be able to play, but I'm not exactly sure on that.... I'll have to wait and see :) hopefully it's compatible with kindle fire and then that's my first movie on it :)

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 4:58:51 AM PDT
bookfinder says:
hmmm I read up on it and I hate streaming, so I am going to cancel my order and just order the blu-ray/dvd copy... i have a portable blu-ray player anyways that has a 6 hour battery or longer, so it doesn't really bother me...

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 5:03:56 AM PDT
bookfinder says:
and since this is the only blu-ray digi copy available I had to preorder it again :(

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 5:04:16 AM PDT
bookfinder says:
i mean blu-ray dvd combo package lol :(

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 9:25:54 AM PDT
Jacob Minger says:
@timothy of course you will lol. I'm buying this on Blu-ray for the actual Blu-ray disc, and the special features that come with it+plus the DVD which (and this might come as a shock to some of you) I could just rip and...wait for it...put on my Ipod).

I'm intentionally being sarcastic for fun :D. Seriously, I never even use the Digital copies anyway, I find them almost completely useless

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 4:38:25 PM PDT
Send in complaints to Warner Bros!!! My brother and I have been sending in complaints and its been working, aside from the possible BS response that they are working on making UltraViolet have an iTunes option, they responded by giving us free itunes copies of the movies we complained about!

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 7:51:26 AM PDT
bookfinder says:
I think everyone is switching over to streaming... I bought the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie a few weeks ago and when I entered the code in disney movie rewards it gave me a free digital copy... I had a download copy and then a stream copy... like both of those types... honestly I don't stream and try not to at all cost... I don't see the point unless your going to be at home all the time. What if I'm away at a place with no wi-fi and can't access it to watch???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2011 5:30:45 PM PDT
A. Nguyen says:
Don't waste your money on Ultraviolet Digital copy. You won't have a regular digital copy. You need to stream it down to your laptop or coputer to watch it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 9:45:21 PM PDT
Actually when you purchase a preowned copy of arkham city from gamestop a code for the catwoman parts comes printed on your receipt.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 8:07:25 AM PDT
triangle8 says:
It would be nice to have both an itunes digital copy and ultraviolet copy. I agree that having a offline version is great, but ultraviolet is also pretty cool. Having ultraviolet means having access to a library of content anywhere I have access to the web. It's not that dissimilar to what you'll get with a kindle fire since the storage on the device is so limited, most of the content that you can watch will have to be streamed. The other nice thing about ultraviolet is that you can use it on multiple types of devices instead of just one device like the kindle fire. How about making Amazon Video available on the ipad, Amazon?

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 8:20:23 AM PDT
bookfinder says:
so will ultra violet be available to view on kindle fire? that'd be so sweet and I'd love that :) I have the kindle fire pre-ordered

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 8:48:28 AM PDT
bookfinder says:
actually i just chatted with a kindle team member, and they said that we will be able to use ultra-violet digital copies on the kindle fire... and did anyone notice the price just dropped down like 5.?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 8:58:44 AM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
Lol I do the same thing, and I'm sure this UltraViolet garbage is going to prompt many others to do the same as well. Way to force people to do what you don't want them doing, just to get what you should be giving them in the first place, WB. Smooth move!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 9:03:45 AM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
That's cool. Did not expect that. Probably happened in response to the extremely negative reaction to it. How did they think locking people out of content that is on the disc was going to go? Folks in the gaming community were upset to say the least. If we don't nip this BS in the bud now, we will be paying monthly fees for our games & movies in no time!

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 9:58:59 AM PDT
bookfinder says:
Actually, at first i didn't even care about the digital copy, but then they started including them in the blu-ray/dvd packs and some other packs, so it's like you have no choice... however... since it is now available with tablets and such as kindle fire, I may be more interested... I had bought an iPod just for the digital copies, and then I know like some expire and you can't transfer the itunes redeemed purchases to other devices due to the copy right which is a big downside :( So in a way I'm glad they made the ultra-violet copies... Just the only downside about them is you can't actually own the movie... However, maybe this way it won't expire because most digital copies you have to claim within a time limit, or they expire

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 10:46:39 AM PDT
No, it won't. Are you as unhappy as I with this turn of events?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 10:47:41 AM PDT
Yes, you'll have a Blu-Ray and DVD on separate discs.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 11:13:37 AM PDT
Kenneth says:
I went through the ordeal of setting up an Ultraviolet account and tried to watch Green Lantern on my Xoom. It didn't work. After much trial and error I found that my user ID wasn't being accepted even though I had set the account up that day. I forwarded a request to their technical service address and have never heard back. That was three weeks ago. If a company wants you to use their software to circumvent including a DVD in with their Bluray movies they had better make it a painless process.
I will avoid paying for this "extra service" and suggest if everyone follows suit perhaps Ultraviolet will go the way of the Betamax.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 2:36:01 PM PDT
mickey mouse says:
when walmart aster me about this device it cannot work on itunes

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 3:30:42 PM PDT
bookfinder says:
I don't know... At first I wasn't happy with the ultra-violet copies, but if it works with kindle fire, then I might be... I'm just upset because you can not physically own the digital copy since it is stream only

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 3:32:01 PM PDT
bookfinder says:
yes but the ultra-violet movies will be able to work with kindle fire...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  184
Total posts:  503
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  May 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions