Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 523 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 6:05:42 AM PST
bookfinder says:
Yes... it's like the only way you can play their stuff is if you buy their device, and I think that is BS... If we buy/redeem a movie we should be able to play it on whatever we want...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 8:46:34 AM PST
lauryn says:
Yes, I have an HTC Incredble 2 and I was able to actually download the digital copy instead of streaming it. I have Verizon unlimited data package, but this is only because my family had data packages before Verizon started limiting data usage. It took quite a while for the movie to download, so I would recommend downloading in a place where you can switch to Wi-Fi. The major problem I am having now is that I cannot find the digital copy anywhere on my phone to transfer to my tablet... very frustrating as I bought and paid for the rights to actually USE the digital copy... should've bought it on itunes

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 8:50:52 AM PST
lauryn says:
There IS a digital copy. You just have to have one of the few listed compatible devices to download it. The list is under frequently asked questions on their website.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 11:35:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2011 11:45:29 AM PST
sandawana56 says:
Lauryn, Flixster has to be installed on your tablet and you have to be logged into your account to do a download to the tablet? Unfortunately, per Flixster, downloads are not currently supported on Android tablets.

BTW Flixster tracks downloads and streaming to all devices so that is probably the reason you can't locate the actual file. It may be a hidden file to prevent uncontrolled transfer of the movie between devices. It's not a true, standalone digital copy that allows you to transfer between devices at will.

I saw a post on Flixster from a user experiencing the same, exact issue you are having.
http://getsatisfaction.com/flixster/topics/where_is_my_downloaded_digital_copy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 11:39:59 AM PST
sandawana56 says:
I think some users are having an issue watching downloaded Flixster movies offline. I saw this post on Flixster;

"November 18, 2011 17:54
Downloaded Movie on Android Phone
I downloaded a movie I purchased to my android phone. I know the FAQs say that to watch the movie you have to go through the Flixster App...tap Watch Now...and it will automatically use the downloaded copy offline. That being said...I turned off my internet connection (just so I was sure my data plan wasn't being eaten up), and when I tapped Watch Now, Flixster told me I couldn't watch my movie because I didn't have an internet connection. Why do I need an internet connection to watch a movie that is on my phone to begin with??? I absolutely HATE that I have to use a certain app (or piece of software on my desktop) to watch this movie. I'll be very careful what I buy from now on."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 6:47:31 AM PST
bookfinder says:
I have flixster on my android/kindle fire... it does not work... the option to watch it does not come up...

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 5:07:21 PM PST
J. Maddox says:
They should've called it "Flixster Digital Copy" -- not Ultraviolet Digital Copy. Ultraviolet isn't technically a digital copy, it's a system that will be ready next year that lets you transfer your movies between retailers so that you're not locked in to only one ecosystem. (So theoretically, if you download a bunch of movies on your PS3, but then decide to stream them off the Amazon website, Amazon will be authorized to play them too. Provided that you give Amazon permission to look into your Ultraviolet account, of course.) All that wouldn't be ready until sometime in 2012 at the earliest.

What Ultraviolet is hoping to do is actually a very good thing. Right now, every retailer locks you into their apps and devices, and once you collect a bunch of movies you're basically locked in and can't switch. That's really bad for a free market and is keeping the digital download of movies from taking off. Healthy competition is really important for both keeping prices low and innovation high. Most of the retailers have signed on to Ultraviolet, which will probably be ready in 2012 -- except Apple, which understandably has the market power to keep its consumers locked in without sparking a revolt. (I love my Apple products, but actually I wish they should open up their systems to let competitors sell content... MP3s didn't hurt sales of iPods. But right now Apple wants its 30% cut from the studios, so they won't want open competition.)

Warner screwed up in two ways -- by calling it "Ultraviolet Digital Copy" which confuses the issue of what Ultraviolet really is. And by launching way too early before any retailers were ready to support it. And so they've put their crappy Flixster system out there, called it Ultraviolet, and screwed the rest of the industry for now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 5:13:03 PM PST
J. Maddox says:
I completely agree with you about the consequences of Warner's decision, from a business perspective your point is very well taken. But it's a tough dilemma isn't it... they created the content and are legally and ethically entitled to do whatever they want with it. If you created a work of art (movie, painting, short story, whatever), people can't demand that they have the right to buy it from you at the time, place, and format of their choosing, or else they can just make illegal copies of it. You created the work, and it's yours to exploit (or bury in a deep tomb for nobody to enjoy) as you please.

SO while I agree with you on most points, ethically a copyright holder IS entitled to take the high ground against illegal copying.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 10:05:24 AM PST
C.J. says:
I just want a DVD that I can use on my TV. Sounds like the Ultra-violet is not going to work?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 10:19:08 AM PST
L. Titus says:
You get a DVD with the Triple Play pack or by buying the DVD copy o.o

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 11:34:24 AM PST
V. Thompson says:
Blu-ray is encoded with a universal standard. PAL or NTSC does not come into consideration unless the source material is of standard definition. Now, the digital copy may be suspect. I'm going to have to look into that.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 7:53:27 PM PST
Christian says:
I don't generally comment on this sort of discussion nonsense, but the whole bloody Ultraviolet hfiasco/SNAFU/frackup has got me feeling, well, positively bloody ultraviolent. I had my copy all ready to order and all, but canceled it because of the UV. I want a digital copy that I can download and take anywhere, even in the public toilets if I want to. The digital on disc is prefered, but even the on line that LOTR Extended and Jurassic Park have are OK if you have bandwidth to burn and cash to pay when you go over. I WILL NOT use this system, and will not support anyone who forces it on me. And I am sure it is not accessible to the disabled, which is flagrant violation of the ADA. They don't give a d@mn, so I don't give a dollar. When they care, I'll cash in. I also sold out on the Ultimate Editions of HP 3/6 because of the no extended issue, which is annoying in and of itself, but has been covered quite aptly in the relevant discussions. I bought the DVD 1/8 set for my sister, but I am waiting for a definitive big box set of Blu-Rays, HOPEFULLY with NO Ultravomit, excuse me ultravomitous, and tons of extra features. Until then, I'll borrow my sister's copy of HP7 P2 and rip it myself for my smart phone. Nice going people, let's show them how it's done. Maybe we should occupy WB now. Pepper spray anyone?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 8:13:43 PM PST
C.J. says:
So, the ultra-violet will not work on my tv, i. e., I can't just pop a dvd into the player, sit down and watch?

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 8:49:24 PM PST
Say it isn't so, I just purchased my copy of Deathly Hallows 2, and I didn't see because of course I didn't have my glasses that you can not open in itunes! AYE Warner Brothers!!!!

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 7:05:30 PM PST
DrXenos says:
Don't worry. You GET a DVD. Just ignore the Ultra-Violet nonsense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 7:11:24 PM PST
C.J. says:
THANKS SO MUCH. This ultra-violet discussion was making me dizzy. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 12:01:23 AM PST
David Harris says:
I just want a plain ole' dvd too, for my player, on a big TV, whilst on my couch! It's $13.99 now with the UV copy, not bad, but I'm thinking about waiting and see if they release a dvd-only for $9.99 or less. I haven't watched my DH pt. 1 yet, I thought I'd wait and see them back-to-back!

Just curious about all the people with mobile devices, where is it you go that you have 2+ hours with nothing to do so you can watch a movie? Besides a long plane, bus or car ride I mean? Not meant insultive, just curious! (Maybe a little dense.) When I'm away from my big-screen, I'm out... doing things!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 1:11:37 PM PST
sandawana56 says:
For everyone looking just for the HP Deathly Hallows Pt 2 plain old DVD,. check out Best Buy where it's 6.99 on Black Friday. I have not checked Amazon yet but I imagine they'll be having a similar deal. I plan to get it because I'm still waiting for my HP Blu-Ray set from the UK ($31 discount over USA price on amazon.co.uk). I also don't want to pay for UltraViolet because there is no way I'm installing an application that most likely would install a back door into my PC.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 3:51:01 PM PST
bookfinder says:
for all new people to this forum... As we have been discussing earlier... if you contact flixster, they will give you a digital copy code for itunes... And sandawana56, amazon is having deals on movies... a movie I have been watching just went down to 9.99 and is originally 29.99 or somewhere around their...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 4:24:56 PM PST
sandawana56 says:
I checked but did not see the stand-alone DVD for Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Amazon. Re iTunes, that option only works if you use iTunes and use Apple devices. I use a Zune, a PC and an Android phone. As an aside Amazon is now offering a PC compatible digital download for Deathly Hallows Part 2 for $14.99 but it does not appear to be compatible with smart phones.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 6:28:47 PM PST
David Harris says:
Thanks sandawana56! I just checked the BB site and HPDH2 will be at $6.99 with free shipping Friday I'm hoping. It just says "coming soon" instead of "add to cart". If I order that it'll be my first and last shopping for the Xmas season!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 7:23:09 PM PST
sandawana56 says:
I'm also waiting until midnight. However last year on the BB site midnight really meant 3am ET / 12am PT. Not sure if they'll do the same this year.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 9:14:53 PM PST
Nick says:
What is the point of a digital copy if you can't watch it when you want. What if I don't have wi-fi or 3g on my iPad because I'm on, I dunno say a plane.... hello. Keep it simple. Allow us to put it on iTunes and then on our iPads. I'm so over all these companies trying to fight Apple. Hello Apple owns the tablet market, you'd think they'd want to satisfy the majority and give the consumer what they want. Too much control.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 10:29:12 PM PST
sandawana56 says:
The regular HP Deathly Hallows Part 2 is available right now on BB for $6.99. Been checking for the last 90 mins and it just went live.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 10:44:53 PM PST
David Harris says:
Yup, just snagged it for $7 bucks. The collection is complete. It was just after midnight central time (OK) that it went live, the info I looked up before said that the start time was not specific in regards to time zones. Thanks for suggesting BB, I don't have one in town and I forget to check their site!

Just a dvd, that was all I needed. ;)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  189
Total posts:  523
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 9, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions