Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > The Dark Knight Rises [Blu-ray] forum

UltraViolet Digital Download

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 8, 2012 12:11:23 AM PDT
I wish that people would stop giving movies 1 star for having UltraViolet digital downloads. It's ridiculous and incredibly childish.

Stick to critiquing the movie.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 9:22:21 AM PDT
H. Vazquez says:
So I am confused the ultraviolet digital download is only for one day. If not you have to stream it on ultraviolet?

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 6:00:26 PM PDT
I wish people would mind their own business and allow other people to review as they see fit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 11:12:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 14, 2012 11:15:50 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 11:15:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2012 11:19:03 PM PDT
If you don't find the logic of critiquing the UV download (and only the UV download) to be completely asinine , then hey, more power to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 2:42:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 19, 2012 2:42:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 5:56:16 PM PDT
Mike says:
They are reviewing the PRODUCT. Why is it too hard for you to understand reviews for products should focus on the product, not just the movie itself?

Take the first Blu-ray release of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. The case said it was presented 1080p but there was an encoding error that supposedly caused the Blu-ray to actually present video output in 1080i. Two months later another version released correctly displaying video in 1080p. Should a review of that Blu-ray by customers not mention the quality of the video? I would want to know this if I was considering purchasing the item.

Should not someone complain about the lack of extras in a Blu-ray release if extras are next to nothing or do not exist? What if another release sells for the same price or less with equal or greater quality and more extras? Shouldn't a review mention this to inform others who would appreciate this feedback?

If you want a review of the movie go to a website that reviews movies. A quality review of a product on Amazon should review the entire product.

Personally, I dislike UV and I am glad to see these reviews mentioning this issue. I think people should mention this as it is relevant to the product. Should the review be 1 star out of 5? I don't know but you're more likely to get noticed by using that score than if you put a 3 out of 5.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 2:29:36 PM PDT
Farva says:
My thing is, even though it is UV, it still comes with the actual movie on a disc. So if you have a blu-ray drive on your PC, why not just rip it to whatever format you want, and then BAM! You can put on all your isheep, I mean iphones and itunes.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:10:38 PM PDT
hopefully the studios will take notice and start giving us real digital copies again. I'd like to know if this includes a real digital copy as well like some movies. There is a note on amazon saying the 'digital copy expires in 2014' usually digital copy refers to a 'digital copy' not ultraviolet garbage

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:10:49 PM PDT
I need to know this too, will determine if i buy or not

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 3:12:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 3:18:31 PM PDT
Chuck says:
maybe i've mistaken but the UV digital includes a copy you can download for iTunes. i was worried about the same issue for Hunger Games Blue ray that i purchased. But it gave me the option to download to my iTunes on the UV screen. once you choose iTunes, it sends you to itunes where u take your UV code and redeem it in itunes.

update: i should also mention, even though i choose itunes to redeem the digital movie, it still allows me to watch it via the UV site as well (you need to create an UV account). so i wasn't locked to one choice. here's the link of the blue ray i bought The Hunger Games (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)

update 2: i also want to clarify that upon download via itunes i was able to sync it to my Apple devices. It also shows up in my "purchased" movies section as well so i can stream it directly from apple tv etc.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 5:12:00 PM PDT
I'll never understand why people want digital copies anyway. Oh yeah, this is the iPad generation. Lame.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:07:04 PM PDT
And to the folks who think that their one star reviews are going to be noticed and UV will die a quick death... keep dreaming.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 1:44:32 PM PDT
Chuck says:
to be fair, i just want a digital copy to put on my phone. yes i understand you can rip etc yourself but it's just convenient to have it. plus because you own a digital version from iTunes etc. you can just stream it when it's convenient. obviously no way digital copy is gonna be blue ray but it's just for those times when you don't have your disc.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:39:19 AM PST
T. Marble says:
I have no problem with UltraViolet digital downloads. No different than iTunes downloads. At any time, the studio can pull the product, and you are only have temporary license, not ownership of the downloaded material, so what's the big deal? So many people whine about it, but it's not that bad, honestly. I stream movies via UV & Flixter to my tablet, and UV & Vudu to my roku boxes. works great coz now I don't have to have a bluray player in every room to enjoy a movie, and it's easily portable when I need it to be.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:16:55 PM PST
Indiana says:
The digital download expires December 4, 2014, not December 4, 2012.
I missed that too though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:38:52 AM PST
KeepingFaith says:
Tell me also!

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 6:45:36 PM PST
Hurr durr. Stoopid WB and their stoopid ultraviolet copees.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 7:52:35 AM PST
It looks like, per the picture on the Amazon page, that this product is Ultraviolet only and will not work on iTunes. Stay classy, WB. It costs them nothing to be able to give us a real digital copy, and instead they make us use this Ultraviolet system that I and many others hate. Awesome.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:06:45 AM PST
Tom says:
pulled this from www.uvdemystified.com:

[2.4.1] Does UltraViolet work with iTunes, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV?

UltraViolet works fine with Apple iOS devices if you download an UltraViolet app. Flixster Movies, the first UltraViolet-compatible app (released in Oct 2011), can stream and download UltraViolet movies on iPhones, iPads, Macs, Android devices, and Windows PCs. Using Apple AirPlay mirroring, iPad2's and iPhone 4S's can play the movies through Apple TV.

UltraViolet can work with iTunes, but only if Apple chooses to participate in UltraViolet. Until then, UltraViolet movies will play on Apple devices but won't show up in iTunes.

Sooo...I would take it as this only includes a UV code, not a traditional digital copy code that is compatible with windows media and/or itunes. Nowhere does it say it's an itunes compatible copy that I've seen.

Now, I would rate this down a full star because of this as well because you are rating the product, not the movie (that's what movie review sites are for!). Why not just include a UV and regular digital copy code like was included with Prometheus! I ended up pre-ordering just a digital copy version because I have more flexibility with it, and I'll probably just pick up a cheap blu-ray only version eventually when it's under $10 so I can have the higher quality video/audio later.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 1:28:18 PM PST
If you purchased a bike on Amazon would you like to know if it was missing a chain, or a front wheel, maybe some brakes. All of the sudden this review would become extremely valuable. Now, people are getting bent out of shape because people are rating a product low, because it doesn't include a part that they feel makes the product viable. I would hope that a bike would get one star if it was missing part of what makes a bike. I will continue to make one star reviews for products that only offer an ultra-violet copy. I will support the actual movie by purchasing it from the i-tunes store, and showing the movie studio what I support with my money. If the studio wants me to buy the discs, I will be happy to do so if they include the digital medium I prefer.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 6:02:04 AM PST
ShadowFalls says:
People are all going on about how bad UV is, but it works quite well and has app support on multiple devices. Now what about Itunes digital copies? I can only tell the ones upset are the Apple fanboys since the interoperability of their digital copies is far lower than UV. I can't go and load Itunes digital copies on my Android phone, no I need to use Apple products. Stream using my Roku? Nope! need Apple TV...

Apple does make some good products don't get me wrong, but when I can use non-Apple products from home to on-the-go without worry of "if" I can use my digital content, it seems pretty simple of which is truly superior. I have yet to see anyone mention a "good" reason why they despise Ultraviolet, just a lot of "Itunes is better just because" arguments.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 2:38:55 PM PST
C. D. Silva says:
If I buy this do I get a copy of the movie on my amazon prime account ? so I could watch it on my kindle ?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:51:01 PM PST
Chaos Eric says:
No, Silva

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:15:55 AM PST
Rick says:
So in order to watch this movie on a Kindle we have to purchase the movie on Amazon Instant Video and not Untraviolet?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  34
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Dark Knight Rises [Blu-ray]
The Dark Knight Rises [Blu-ray] by Christian Bale (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars (4,578)