5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical, but....
What a surprise!This is not the most robust piece of gear in the world but it is perfect for emergencies or as a back-up and frankly, will serve well in most 3 season activities where a propane/butane stove is otherwise suitable.
Published on December 19, 2011 by Brett Dison

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS
Published 21 months ago by Tim Goodrich

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical, but...., December 19, 2011
Brett Dison (BOTHELL, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
Here are some facts of my own tests which were conducted in windless conditions, at room temperature, 380 feet above sea level...that is, in my kitchen):

--Boils 1 quart of water in 6 minutes(in a 40 ounce stainless steel "Sigg" style bottle.)
--Stove and burner frame is not really strong and stable enough for large pots or mongo-size cast iron fry pans, but then again, it is not designed for this.
--8.1 ounce Burton fuel canister burns 2-1/2+ hours on full flame! Theoretically, if all of your meal preparation involves only boiling water 3 times a day, one canister will last an entire week!
--Flame control is amazingly good; as good as any high-end stove and far better than many. In fact, this particular [test] stove's flame control is as good as my Viking range!
--Electronic ignition works great but I am not inclined to think it will work long-term. (To be fair, this comment is based only on the fact that the stove was so inexpensive, made in China of less than premium material, and that it has such a dainty constitution. There is no objective reason to believe that the ignition will fail prior to the otherwise functional life of the stove.)
--Item description claims that the stove will run on Coleman and Camping Gaz LPG. THIS IS NOT THE CASE! Fuel canisters must have Lindal threaded mount***. These are only a little less common than Coleman. I have discovered that most sporting goods and variety stores carry these for about $3.00 each 8.1 ounce canister (e.g: Big 5,Fred Meyer, or similar.) The broader point here is that one would be wise to purchase their fuel before hitting the road; small roadside stores may not inventory these canisters. (***Please see this extraordinarily informational web page: <[...]>.)
--The stove has no windscreen (nor does it claim to; so this fact should not be considered as negative) so you will need to contrive a clever remedy for windy conditions. After-market windscreens are available from several manufacturers or you can fabricate one yourself with minimal skill, materials, and mechanical aptitude. I would advise that you locate or construct one. (In either case, be careful that the windscreen does not reflect too much heat on the canister!)
--This is an unbelievably tiny stove! It fits in a shirt pocket...no kidding. The stove comes with a very functional plastic case that is literally no larger than a bar of soap.
--Seller was very helpful and quick to respond to questions. This is not a paid advertisement and I have no vested interest in saying this but, the seller has a nice storefront on Amazon and offers a nice selection of various goodies for the gear-head. The seller seems worthy of your business.
--The price? $15 bucks? Are you kidding me? The best $15 I have spent in a very long time. (So I bought another!)

In summary:
---This is an amazing stove!
---Any shortcomings are owing to intentional and necessary design compromises aimed at keeping the stove as tiny as possible.
---The materials used are not the surgical quality metals we are use to seeing in high-end stoves but this takes nothing from the functionality of the stove. It may however, limit the functional life of the stove. But this must be taken in context: this stove does not claim to be a material equivalent or substitute for stoves that are 4 or 5 times the price.
---This stove will do a fine job for the minimalist or 3 season overnight/short trip solo-trecker.
---It's small enough to throw in the pack for day trips or in a fly fishing vest; truck box or car trunk, or even a lunch bucket---semper paratus!

The only word of caution I have is not a criticism of the stove as much as it is a restatement of conventional wisdom, specifically: I would not (personally) rely on this as my only stove for winter trips or where extreme conditions are likely to present. In these cases though, one would want an expedition-quality white gas or kerosene stove anyway. Again, this takes nothing from the fact that this stove does exactly what it is designed to do...and it does these things perfectly! I give the stove---and the merchant---my highest endorsement.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Brett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for backpacking and camping!, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
I purchaced this stove because I'm cheap. I looked at other "brand name" stoves like MSR and Jetboil and alot of the other small backpacking stoves. Those are all about ten times as much. I have used this stove every single day at work for lunches and at my camp for continuous days for the last 4 weeks, about 3 times a day. It boils water for coffee in about 3 minutes. It heats up a can of soup in about 4. It balances a standard camping/hiking pot. The flame control is actually very percise. Just because this item doesnt have a recognizable brand on it, (which is where the others charge double) does not mean its in any way inferior. A small can of Brunton fuel lasts about a week, being used 3 times a day to basically boil water and cook a can of soup for lunch. I recommend this great little stove!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, durable, inexpensive., January 10, 2012
Mark (New England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
This little 'no-name' stove is as functional as any name-brand pocket stove you'll find. It's not the lightest on the market, but it's not near the heaviest. It's rotating and folding pot support packs nice and snug in it's case, which is smaller than most (case measures 1-5/8"d x 2-1/8"w x 3-3/16"h). While we're talking size, the pot support folds out to 3-5/8" wide, and stove stands 2-7/8" tall from the bottom of the can gasket to the top of the pot support. It uses standard and widely available Butane/Propane canisters with the threaded valve such as those from MSR and/or Jetboil. If you are going to go for the smaller 100g canisters, I'd recommend MSR cans as they have the same size base as their larger 200g+ canisters where most other brands have a 'hockey puck' sized base. Those will make any pocket stove more stable.

When I got mine, I threaded on a Jetboil can, turned the valve and it fired on the first click. Can't ask for more than that! A test boil in my Snow Peak Ti pot with lid on, got cold tap water (about 20 oz.) to boil in just a shade over three minutes. I can't wait to try this on the trail!

If you are considering the MSR Pocket Rocket, buy this instead. It packs into a case that is just as small (if not smaller), weighs less than an ounce more, has a built in igniter, and will leave you with enough cash for your first 4 or 5 cans of fuel, or a decent small aluminum or stainless cook set. If you end up using use this stove enough to wear it out, you'll never have to fuss around trying to fix it. Why? For the price of their rebuild kit consisting of o-rings and replacement jet, you can simply buy a new stove!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
I bought this stove as a cheaper alternative to the MSR pocket rocket figuring that I was just paying for a name with the MSR. The stove worked out fine for 3 uses and I actually would have recommended it up until that point. On my fourth use I noticed it sounded weird while I was boiling some water, upon further investigation the plastic part attached to the ignitor had melted and the stove was spewing gas out the side, while still being lit. Luckily I was paying attention and had water handy to dump on it to put out the fire, but had I not that situation could have gone really bad. Please do yourself a favor and spend the couple extra dollars for the MSR branded one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
Used this on several multi-day backcountry trips and like it a lot. Lightweight, compact, and reliable. I would recommend spraying hinge points with WD40 before use as a couple times on 1st trip it was hard to close after use. About to order another one as a backup just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great - Can't Beat the Price, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
I used this stove at Zion National Park while hiking and camping at 7000 feet. I was very pleased with the stove's performance while boiling water. That said, I have not had a backpacking stove of this type before, so I cannot make a firsthand comparison to another. What I will say is that I purchased two of these stoves while they were on sale for less than $5. For the price and the performance I cannot imagine a better overall value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, but..., September 25, 2012
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
I used it twice on it's maiden voyage this last weekend. Overall, it worked as expected for the price. I think I paid more for the can of fuel than the device.

As far as the function of the stove itself, it worked well at 31 degrees, 9,500'.

I did have a problem with the folding arms that are hinged with rivets. After the first use, 2 of the 4 seized and I had to use my multi-tool to close them, and again to open/close them on the second use. I will probably drill the rivets out and put new ones in that aren't so tight.

If I didn't have a multi-tool with me, it would not have fit back into it's very small package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Priced right !!, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
Backpacking gear is expensive if you want to get something halfway decent and looking at the prices of the other ultralight stoves made me cringe so I took a risk with this one based on the reviews and I am glad I did !!

The pot stand looks rather small but it is just the right size for my pot , piezo ignition is a nice touch and works flawlessly , burning on high this thing can pump some serious BTUs but you can adjust it to almost nothing with ease , light and small fits nicely inside my pot ( wrapped in a piece of an old sock to avoid scratches , I believe the sock was clean at the time )

Time will tell for how long this cheap little wonder can hang around the other guy's expensive stoves ,but at this price replacing it wont bring a tear to my eye .

5.0 out of 5 stars A love story...my dear Burner Piezo, March 13, 2013
My dear Piezo,

You are small, compact, and always there
when i need you. I'm looking forward to
planning countless romantic trips, long
dinner dates in front of a crackling camp
fire, moonlit strolls through the forest,
and sunset watching atop rocky bluffs.
Yes, this is love. It's hard to imagine
the meaning of life before you came into
my world and sparked my heart to life.
You are my everything,

my little Burner Piezo

4.0 out of 5 stars So far I'm impressed, September 23, 2012
This review is from: Leegoal(TM) Goods for Hunting Camping
First, let me get out that I have yet to 'cook' anything with this small stove. I intend to use my small military style mess kit to make some ramen, I have no doubt it will do fine. Will be testing in the reasonably fierce winds of Idaho.
Having said that... this is an impressive stove for the price. When I was in B.S.A. I used and saw many stoves of this type and style. Most were not as compact and cost up to $100. Of course I was skeptical of this unit as it is incredibly inexpensive. So far, I'm impressed.
As usual the electronic ignition system is lacking something to be desired. Anybody with some experience should expect this as electronic self-lighting designs are just not to be counted on. HOWEVER anybody who is using this for its intended purposes (survival, camping, backpacking) should have another means of lighting (matches, flint, lighter) as a BIC lighter or zippo is invaluable to the outdoorsman.
Bottom line: if you are interested in this item I would recommend giving it a shot. Its much less expensive than others on the market and seems to be just as good upon initial inspection. Great buy.