5.0 out of 5 stars A keyboard that turns your Tablet into a Laptop
Did you ever think about turning your Android tablet into a real light laptop? That's what I got buying the IBK-02. Typing a lot is kind of boring and tiring using a touch screen, but using this keyboard with full mouse functionality, you will improve your typing speed, specially if you are trained or accustomed to type on PC or Mac Keyboards

In comparison with...
Published 8 months ago by Samantha Mejia

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great.
Published 6 months ago by Choz Cunningham

5.0 out of 5 stars A keyboard that turns your Tablet into a Laptop, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Aerb® Ultrathin Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard + Mouse Touchpad + Programmable Remote Control + Travel Stand with Rechargeable Lithium Battery for Bluetooth Enabled Devices - Android 3.0 + Tablets / Mac OS / Windows / Google Nexus 7 / Google Android TV Box / Apple iPhone 4 4S 3GS 3G / iPad 2 3 4 5 / iPad Mini / Samsung Galaxy S4 S2 S3 Note Tab / PS3 & HTPC/IPTV HTPC (IBT02-Black) (Personal Computers)

In comparison with some other Bluetooth keyboards in the market, the Aerb IBK-02 is incredibly lightweight and small enough to make it the most comfortable keyboard I have ever tried, the size of the keys is perfect even though having larger hands like mine, the reflective surface of the keys is good enough for poor lightened environments and the mouse functionality is what really turns it (in my opinion), into the best option in the market.

It is very thin, light and pairs effectively with all the devices I have tried it with no issues:
Laptop windows 7 and 8, Galaxy S III, Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Tab 10.1 with full functionality (keyboard and trackpad), I tried it with iPhone 4S / 5 iPad I / II / III and iPod Touch 4th generation, but the mouse didn't work with any of them.
Once the unit is paired, the device you are trying to pair with, will prompt you to enter a code number on the keyboard, and press "Enter", this is a one time procedure.

You also have the option using the Fn key plus the iOS, Android or window key to configure the modes: Windows, IOS, and Android. You can easily switch between these modes by holding FN and pressing Q for IOS, W for Android, or E for Windows doing so it will assign different key strokes to some of the keys on the keyboard.

It has attached a kickstand at the bottom that allows you to prop up your tablet or a smartphone, it is kind of hard to remove, but it does it's job efficiently.

I really like the keyboard action, it's not too stiff not too soft and you don't fell that the keys will be hitting your face any moment. It's design is very elegant and discreet, it's built, materials and manufacture quality seems to be very decent and durable.

Because of it's remote control feature, this keyboard is perfect to be use with your home entertainment center.

I am extremely satisfied with this keyboard, if you have an iOS device, you must have in mind that the trackpad won't be compatible, but the Keyboard by itself and specially because of it's price, will give you an excellent service

I must mention that the support service is excellent, I had to email them a question, and it was answered in good English and very politely in about 4 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, March 12, 2014
Initial setup was a breeze, despite a very thin User Manual that offers little more than a listing of the various keys and lights on the Keyboard. The instructions for Pairing the device were clear and took me less than 30 seconds to have it working with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Gold Brown.

While not a full size Keyboard it is larger than many Mobil device Keyboards so even users with larger fingers/hands should have no issues using it or concerns with hitting multiple keys by accident. Keys are fairly responsive and tactile, but you may occassionally have a missed keystroke if not fully depressed or making quick repeated strikes.

The Touchpad offers fairly precise placement of the curser/pointer (much better than using your finger on screen) but is probably not suitable for extensive graphics/art tasks. Of course most won't be using a mobil device for more than basic graphics/art editing anyways.

The included device stand is a simple hinged piece of plastic that snaps to the bottom of the keyboard for travel and really is only suitable for limited usage. It lacks adjustability and the front of the slotted plastic will extend up over the bottom edge of your device screen.

Since you don't get a case for the Keyboard you may want to find a suitable one to protect it when on the go. The Keyboard uses the same Micro-USB power connection as many mobil devices so you won't need to carry a seperate charger and cable with you.

Also was able to pair it with my 4 year old PS3 nearly as quickly as with the Tablet, so others should have no issues getting it to work with a wide variety of devices.

Overall I'm pleased with the Keyboard, though I did have a build quality issue with the first one I recieved, Aerb provided prompt and courteous service in getting me a new one without any hassles. I have no problems giving them an enthusiastic two thumbs up for a great product at a very low price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great., March 4, 2014
Choz Cunningham (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I love the feel of the keys for such a flat keyboard. The looks are fine, and the built-in rechargable battery (micro-usb!) is supper awesome. Unfortunately the thing is so fragile I worry about trasnporting it, which is what a small keyboad is about. With a small amount of effort, I can flex the front and back panels apart with little effort - the keyboard area itself is rigid, while the frame and other parts are flexible. Everything else is so great, I just widh the little guy was hardier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard and great service from Aerb, April 14, 2014
I received the keyboard, but unfortunately the key pad was coming off on one side (most likely not properly glued).
Shortly after the purchase I received an email from Fei of Aerb Product Developing Team checking up on my purchase and my satisfaction with the product.
I told them about my problem and they promptly sent me a replacement without me having to return the defective unit.

I use the keyboard with my Nexus 7 tablet and my OUYA.
Both keyboard and pointing device work
They keyboard is a real bonus with XBMC on the OUYA :-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, but bad execution and dubious quality, August 15, 2014
Paul Langner (Richardson, TX) - See all my reviews
Great concept - especially with the integrated IR controls, but very limited Bluetooth range (less than 8') and annoying with Windows as you have to switch the keys to Windows mode prior to use. It was bought to replace a Logitech K400 which I thought had limited range - however this was worse. The charging circuit also died after the second charge, so it is now in the garbage. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, August 14, 2014
Excellent product! Exactly what I was looking for. An all in one keyboard that isn't to small yet isn't full size. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a convenience portable keyboard solution. The tablet/smartphone stand was an added bonus since I didn't realize it came with that. The stand is easily stored on the backside of the keybaord. Perfect solution!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard, December 12, 2013
What an excellent small (but not tiny) bluetooth keyboard. I am using it on very large (24") android tablet. Works great and has some fantastic shortcut keys. Also love the built in track pad. No need for a separate mouse. I also remote into a Windows PC for work and it works great for that as well. It is light weight and fits well on a lap. The keys are large enough and tactile enough for me to type on no problem and I have fairly large hands. If I had one complaint it would be that the track pad keys are very stiff, but I usually just tap the track pad to click. I also tried out the remote function but that did not work well for me. Not why I bought the keyboard so no big deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, Versatile Portable Keyboard, November 22, 2013
Smartphones and tablets are great for viewing content and for some light work. However, when it comes to serious work that involves a lot of typing they are still fairly limited. There are a lot of good options for portable keyboards these days. This Aerb keyboard is particularly suitable for those who still want to be able to get the mouse functionality (via the incorporated trackpad) with their mobile devices, or in my case for the use with the home media center.

I’ve managed to pair this keyboard with four different devices: MacBook Air, iPad first generation, Samsung Galaxy S3, and an Android media stick. I've had no issues pairing this keyboard with either my iPad or Galaxy S3. I've had some issues pairing it up with the Android media stick that I am using, but that stick has had many issues with the input devices, so it has probably nothing to do with the keyboard.

I actually really like the keyboard action of this keyboard. It's neither too stiff nor too soft, but just about right for my taste. They keys are a bit on the smooth side, and my fingers don't get too much of a grip while typing.

Keyboard comes with a small, attached kickstand on the back that, one removed, allows you to prop up your tablet or a smartphone. The kickstand is somewhat hard to remove, and it’s fairly flimsy. It gets the job done, and works with both tablets and smartphones.

This is not the glossiest or the best built keyboard that you will find out there. It has decent manufactured quality, and I expect it to last at least a couple of years.

In many ways the ideal use for this keyboard is with your home entertainment center computer. The keyboard is light and smaller than most other Bluetooth keyboard that I've used; yet it allows for almost full-keyboard typing. And since it includes a touchpad, you can navigate both the text-input interface as well as the graphical mouse interface without having to leave your couch.

I think that the keyboard will also be very useful with an Android or Windows 8 tablet. Android and Windows 8, unlike iOS, allow you to use an external mouse with your mobile devices. However, I have not tested this keyboard with either one of those devices, so I will not be able to judge properly how effective it would be with this task. It worked OK with both my Galaxy S3 and Android media stick.

Finally, I want to point out that I've typed this whole review with this keyboard in Word for iPad. It's not quite the biggest and most comfortable keyboard that I've used, but for the on-the-go typing, as well as for the entertainment center controls, it more than meets the expectations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Of the few Wireless Keyboards for Android in Dec 2013..., December 24, 2013
J. Voigt (Danville, Il) - See all my reviews
I'll be quite honest, I was trying my but off to get a Logitech k400 to work on both a SG3 Tab 8.0 and SG S4 Phone, and to either i was completely disssapointed! Logitech doesn't seem to want to develop drivers for compatibility i guess. Utter dissapointment because their keyboard is amazing, just the right size and functional.
So In expectations to even come close or have some ability to use a wireless keyboard to type and basically enter large amounts of text with anything but an optical keyboard and hand held mouse....this actually works really well...albeit it's my expectations watered down and waiting for something better.
So when i read these other reviews, yes their right....they want the cream of the crop....but for android??? Android just appeared in my eyes, it takes 3 or 4 years for anything to develop, that's the truth on anything in this industry, it takes time. And not only that, mobility is fad based, so it's based off of whatever sells as to what's manufactured, again in time. Ok...enough of that.
My impression is it's small. For typing this review, it's perfect. Lets me type in spurts when i need to. Keys work well enough, very responsive, work properly, actually pretty nice. USB Charges, but the supplied cable fell apart at the micro-usb end connector, so i used a different one - also the connector fitment was terrible on this cable, so i would just usea spare cell phone cable. It honestly REMINDS ME OF A BUILD QUALITY SIMILAR TO THOSE FOLDING PDA KEYBOARDS. But I couldn't call it cheap plastic?? In fact it works pretty good. Even the trackpad works really well, so these other reviews are pretty harsh...maybe their based off of gamer's with really high expectations, and if they are, well you're buying something android.
I haven't really gotten to trying much of anything else though, like functions keys and shortcut keys. They honestly looks like windows based keys like the K400 uses. So I'll have to get back to this.
BUT IN ALL HONESTY, IF YOU WANT A WIRELESS KEYBOARD TO SIT BACK IN BED AND YOUR SMART PHONE IN A DOCK HOOKED TO A BIGSCREEN TV AND A USB HARD DRIVE (With nexus 7 Importer for the USB Hard Drive to connect to the Dock let's say)....YOU NOW HAVE THE ABILITY TO HAVE A MEDIAPC FOR LESS THAN A HUNDRED DOLLARS OUT OF YOUR SMART PHONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, little, inexpensive, Keyboard., September 9, 2014
ScottF (FORT WORTH, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
I have had this keyboard for a day, so these are initial impressions. I may update this review later if my opinion changes.

I got this keyboard primarily to use with my 10 Inch Android Tablet. It was very easy to connect. I took it out of the box and turned it on with the small switch in the back of the keyboard. Just above the power switch is a small pairing button. I opened the bluetooth settings on my tablet and then pushed the pairing button on the keyboard. The tablet immediately saw the keyboard and when I selected the keyboard, the tablet instructed me to type in a 4 digit number on the keyboard and hit enter. That's it. I was connected.

The keyboard is a good size for the tablet. It's a bit on the small size but I didn't have any difficulty typing on it. I have noticed a slight lag between typing a key and when it appears on my tablet. I haven't used a bluetooth keyboard before so I do not know if this is an issue with the keyboard, my tablet, or just an inherent issue with bluetooth keyboards, It is a little distracting at first, but I expect I will get used to it. It has enough weight that it didn't want to scoot around while I was typing on it, and the keys had a good feel to them while typing.

The stand snaps into a recess in the bottom of the keyboard. It fits pretty tightly and I was a little worried that I might break something trying to get it off, but it did come off without breaking. It was easier to get back on than it was to get off. It may loosen up with use. My tablet is a Samsung Tab 2 which charges from the bottom and has all the buttons on top when using it in landscape orientation. When I had it in the stand, there was not enough room under the stand to connect the charge cord without it lifting the tablet slightly out of the stand. I could rotate the tablet to get the charge port on top but then I had trouble accessing the power button. I solved this by setting the stand on a book with the front hanging over the edge a bit, but a slightly taller stand would be helpful.

The keyboard comes with a USB charging cable but no charger. This wasn't an issue for me as I have at least a dozen USB chargers laying around the house, but if you do not have an extra charger you may want to order one.

My initial impression of this is very positive. I will update this review if I have anything to add after using it a while.

Rate and Discover Movies