Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 145 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2011 5:29:40 PM PDT
JJ says:
Yep, sent my complaint:
I am really upset that I just bought the Combo Pack of "Green Lantern" and the supposed "Digital Copy" is not a digital copy at all. It is a streaming service. When I see that on a package, I expect it to be like all my previous Digital Copies where it downloads a version onto my computer that I can open in my program of choice (iTunes). I DO NOT want to be forced to have yet another app on my computer and phone in order to watch one movie. Bad move WB. Bad move. You should, at the very least, offer us an ACTUAL digital copy of the movie.

On the packaging it says, "Now you can also stream your UltraViolet™ Digital Copy on Flixster!" With the use of ALSO in there it leads me to believe I have a choice. I don't see a choice.

Thanks but no thanks. Never again buying on of your combo packs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 11:37:48 AM PST
Seb311 says:
I agree. I think they are going to have an ultraviolet app eventually where you don't have to use Flixster. Also you can download your ultravoilet copies to your PC. Just download them and then switch your flixster account to offline and that should help with anyone having streaming issues.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 4:05:51 PM PST
EdReedFan20 says:
I just bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and there is an option to download the ultraviolet digital copy directly to the computer. Unfortunately, even with it completely downloaded to the hard drive (using the Flixster Collections program), the video quality is horrible. It's a lot worse than the digital copies that have been offered in the past (I always downloaded them into iTunes). What's worse is the fact that there is no way for me to watch the movie in a full screen. I'm forced to watch it with black bars on the side, which irks me to no end. It's almost as if the video is non-anamorphic. I am truly disappointed. I like what Ultraviolet digital copies are trying to do, but right now I'm not sold on it.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 4:17:24 PM PST
Nicholas says:
It's been a month since I set up my Flixster account and I still don't have access to my movie. I contacted all 3 parties about the error and I keep getting similar responses each time:

Warner Brothers: Contact Flixster or Ultraviolet
Flixster: Contact Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet: Contact Flixster

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 12:10:50 PM PST
Gift says:
Completely agree, this was not a smart move. I'd like to know who was the salesman that was able to convince WB to go this route than the legacy way it has been done all along.

How am I suppose to load this video into iTunes so that I can stream it off my iPad...oh wait, I can't.

Anybody know where the file is saved on ur computer? Trying to just hack my way into being able to load it into iTunes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 12:13:00 PM PST
Seb311 says:
I think you can download the Flixster app and then stream the movie on your iphone or pad. My downloaded copies are stored in my videos on my computer. You might be able to convert them to the format itunes uses.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 12:22:51 PM PST
Nicholas says:
Warner Brothers just sent me a redemption code for iTunes. They finally realized that their product sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 12:35:16 PM PST
Seb311 says:
Nicholas,

What did you say to Warner Bros in their email? I just bought Harry Potter last night and it's an ultraviolet copy as well. I now have 3 titles. HP, Green Lantern, and Horrible Bosses. Would rather have I tunes or Amazon versions instead.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 1:07:30 PM PST
Student says:
Ultraviolet sucks!!! They are just being biased against Apple...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 1:30:47 PM PST
Nicholas says:
I complained that I couldn't watch my digital copy, which is true.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 8:35:07 PM PST
John Lemon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 8:41:51 PM PST
Nicholas says:
Even funnier seeing the trolls

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 8:50:59 AM PST
A. brunelle says:
I prefer the ability to download it into my iTunes but this ultraviolet digital copy is worthless. You can't even use it without an internet connection and that to me is just worth not buying any UltraViolet DVD ever.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 10:54:23 AM PST
John Lemon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 11:27:16 AM PST
Nicholas says:
It's amazing how trolls just aren't happy unless the rest of the world is as miserable as they are.

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 3:17:15 PM PST
A. brunelle says:
What the heck is a Apple fan Boy and I have the ability to think. My understanding is you have to download the flixster app and have an Internet connection. In order for it to work. That isn't what I want. Digital copy to me is something you can download from Itunes and have the file and the ability to put an any device. So by all means please inform me of how to get through Itunes and thus preventing having to use any App's.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 3:26:05 PM PST
Seb311 says:
You can download the movies to your computer but you still have to use the Flixster program. But you can watch the movies without an internet connection the flixster app goes into offline mode.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 5:24:25 PM PST
John Lemon says:
Oh yes, I'm so miserable making over 200K a year, doing the same types of things I have been doing since I was 13 for free. If you were half as smart as me maybe you too would have a decent job.

Exactly how can you put an iTunes copy on any device when it only works with apple? You realize that the video player on apple devices is an app. So you can't do the iTunes one without an app. The world does not revolve around apple. UV doesn't work with apple, because apple has chosen not to be apart of it. They don't want anything that will work on something not apple.

I'm so sorry if having to download an app is too hard for you. You will have to take a long nap after all that thinking. I mean having to click a download button and all it just is a killer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 5:32:18 PM PST
Nicholas says:
The miserable troll is back and he's talking about his imaginary paycheck again.

You're like a monkey at the zoo. You see the happy humans and your only thought is to start throwing feces.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 8:05:57 PM PST
Nagoya says:
Horrible! I need a itunes code not a "fake" digital copy... that its like netflix. Which is why I bought the specific copy with DIGITAL VERSION not NETFLIX STREAM version.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 10:03:45 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 13, 2011 10:13:21 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 11:47:10 AM PST
Andrew - you can download the movie to both your Iphone and your Ipad and play it back without any probems. As a matter of fact the download took me less time to my Ipad than it normally would a download from Itunes. If you look you have a choice of either streaming the movie or downloading it...once you download it you do not have to be connected online and it does not expire. I believe you get 5 downloads with this particular movie which is actually pretty good since you can stream it most of the time from any device that has internet access. I admit...not being able to import into my Itunes library on my computer is annoying and would require a change in the way I manage purchased movies but in some ways if they do this right....you may not need Itunes. For about the same price as an HD download from Itunes you are getting cloud storage of the movie that doesnt take up any space on your computer, the ability to stream or download it to multiple devices and a physical HD Blu Ray disc to play or keep as a backup. I'm not sold yet but it is an interesting alternative.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 8:01:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2011 8:03:09 PM PST
Nicholas says:
I finally got Flixster and Ultraviolet to work together and get my Collection up and running. I downloaded the Emerald Knights movie to the iPad since the iTunes download didn't have that one. The next laugher is that there is no way to delete the movie after you watch it. According to Flixster's FAQs, you have to delete the app in order to delete downloaded movies. That is ridiculous, lol.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 11:48:29 PM PST
John Lemon says:
UV is a work in process. It will have growing pains just like all new stuff.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 9:17:19 PM PST
Ron Weiss says:
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! The hassle of creating a Flixster account, an Ultraviolet account, then downloading your application is a total pain and very inconvenient for us consumers. We are used to the convenience, service and simplicity of iTunes and nothing that tries to compete can be as good. I will give Flixster/Warner Bros one very positive comment. If you are unhappy, complain under the Flixster support link at the web site and they will promptly provide you with quick and great customer service. I was frustrated that I could not download the latest Harry Potter Deathly Hallows PT2 into iTunes and told them this. Afterall, I currently have Part 1 in iTunes and don't need to have an extra app to watch Part 2 of the same movie series. Within 60 seconds after hitting the SUBMIT button I received an email from Warner Bros/Flixster apologizing for the problems and expressing concern that I was dissatisfied. They provided me with an iTunes activation code to download the digital copy of the movie I thought I was getting when I purchased their DVD. I am seeing this same experience from many other people. Please, contact them and politely express your dissatisfaction with Flixster and Ultraviolet. I provided them the legit Flixster activation code I received in the DVD and in return I received an iTunes activation code. I then closed both my Flixster and Ultraviolet account.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  71
Total posts:  145
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Horrible Bosses (Totally Inappropriate Edition) [Blu-ray]
Horrible Bosses (Totally Inappropriate Edition) [Blu-ray] by Jason Bateman (Blu-ray - 2011)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (1,195)