Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2009 1:48:53 AM PST
C. Gibson says:
Why is Stark's former occupation, a rapist, being over-looked????

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 3:39:20 PM PST
Don't know. Kalona's even worse, a rapist and a murderer, and the epitome of evil, but some think that he deserves a place in the romantic line-up, too. Personally, I don't care for any of the boys. I wish Zoey'd dump 'em all and then the series' focus could swing back to, oh, I don't know...an actual plot? Seriously, Tempted was enough to make me give up. I'll come to the message boards here first to see if readers get burned by Burned so I don't have to.

Posted on Dec 30, 2009 4:37:23 PM PST
stiletto929 says:
I think it's because Stark wasn't himself when that happened...and now he's trying to make up for it.

Posted on Dec 30, 2009 6:51:18 PM PST
Ash says:
I think it's really great that Zoey can just glaze over all of the horrible things done by Stark and Kalona (i.e. raping, pillaging, mind manipulation, murder, etc) yet, god forbid any of her many boy toys even HINTS at having sex! Because THAT is the end of the world and so much more terrible than any of the aforementioned things. Poligamist Zoey turns into this massive prude even though she's ALREADY had sex... with an older man... who was a teacher... whilest in a relationship already. Enough with the in-your-face "sex is so bad and shouldn't happen unless you're an adult" thing! We get it Cast! Rape, murder, and all that jazz is okay and forgettable, just as long as you want to be good in the future. But, normal conscentual teenage sex is BAD. Right... Anyone else find some of the things in here highly hypocritical?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2010 4:04:58 PM PST
Ya hit the nail on the head there, Ash! Don't know what these two authors were thinking while they were writing these last few books...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
House of Night 06. Tempted
House of Night 06. Tempted by P. C. Cast (Hardcover)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (380)