4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking but only holds lighter items
Sweatshirts and jackets make it bend. Also, the hooks are wide, which affects what you can hang from it. Great for hats, earwarmers, waist-packs, leashes, and bunches of other things. PS Fits over a door that several other over-the-door hangers did not fit on. Nicely padded.
Published on November 16, 2010 by Elaine Robbins

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not that functional
Published on January 5, 2012 by Lisa M. Xu

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking but only holds lighter items, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Umbra Birdseye Steel Over-The-Door Multi-Hook, Black (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, August 29, 2011
I did not use this over-the-door, instead I put two nails in the holes where the over-the-door hooks were supposed to go and hung it on the wall inside my bedroom closet. Now my belts and favorite purses have an absolutely adorable perch!

The metal was just a bit thinner than I thought it would be, but it's perfectly sturdy for belts, scarves, empty purses, etc.

Great, unique product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really cute hanger, April 9, 2011
I have a black and white tile Art Nouveau bathroom with a full-length mirror on the back of the door. After seeing this hanger in a magazine, I thought it would look great hung from the top of the door so it would reflect in the mirror. When I tried it, the reflection looked terrific, but the width of the door hanger wasn't great enough to hang flush from the width of my 1923 solid wood door. Stretching didn't work; not only did the metal not give much but it looked horrible. I decided to try holding it fast with tiny picture hanging nails. I held the hanger up and nailed through the hole for the bird's eyes into the wood frame of the mirror. (I know, but it sounds worse than it really was!) I quickly colored the nailheads black with a marker and now it looks perfect - artsy, yet within the period of my house. The reflection is just as terrific as I thought it would be because the bird hook part of the hanger is good quality and holds firm, not bending with the weight of a robe or wet towel.

I really think someone who enjoys the looks of hand-made decor will like this because it has a genuine appearance and it's clever and unobtrusive yet tasteful and quirky simultaneously.

5.0 out of 5 stars adorable and sturdy, December 28, 2012
Baihe Guo (Stanford, CA, US) - See all my reviews
My apartment is too small for a coat rack, and I'm renting so I couldn't exactly put nails in all over the place, so I tried sticking command hooks to the back of the door, but whenever friends would come they would hang overly heavy laptop bags and they would fall (a lot, I tried even the biggest ones).

When I was looking for new ideas on amazon I saw these and thought they looked adorable! I was worried because my door is already snug, but these fit perfectly, and after 1 day I didn't even notice that the door took 1% more energy to open/close. I don't know if they've improved the product, but mine are not as weak as other people describe. I've hung up to 8 coats, purses, laptop bags etc on them, and they at most bent a tiny bit.

They're a perfect space-saver, don't require any drilling, and are really cute to look at.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not that functional, January 5, 2012
Be careful to have some space between the top of the door and the wall because the metal for whatever reason creates a jam whenever I close the closet door, on which I hang this. The hooks are also a bit small. They don't protrude as much also so sometimes I find my towels on the floor (ie they've falled off). Other than that, the quality seems sturdy and the design is super cute. I imagine if you were hanging coats or towels that came with a thread hook itself this wouldn't be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little something Chic and Functional for the Guestroom, June 24, 2013
We picked this up because our guestroom has no closet space. It's perfect—lots of hooks for our guests to make use of, and not ugly ones, either—it gives the room a little extra sense of cuteness, not just function. Fit slightly loosely on our skinny Victorian wood doors, but the metal has enough give to squeeze/bend it slightly tighter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, January 9, 2013
I love it! It's the perfect touch in my room. I love that i can put my coats up without damaging the wall or door and it's removable so I can take it with me when I move. I am enjoying it very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exacty what I was looking for, January 7, 2013
This over the door hook is exactly what I was looking for... functional yet cute when empty. The product arrived very quickly and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steel over-the-door multi-hook in white, December 12, 2012
A lovely product, quite sturdy and hangs a lot of knick knacks. It is good purchase for my bedroom closet and will go with any decor.

2.0 out of 5 stars cute but overpriced for what you get, May 30, 2012
Yes, it's very cute but overpriced at $24.99. Looks kinda cheap and feels wobbly in hand, hooks do not stick out enough so clothing tends to fall off, and the over-the-door hanging rackets are kinda short. I would have preferred it to be longer and the whole unit to look and feel hardier. Disappointed with purchase but it's just not worth the time and effort to return this item.